Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Madison Central makes the national stage

An article in the Richmond Register about Madison Central starting a wrestling team next year made the news article list on USA Wrestling's website www.themat.com.  You can obviously see it by clicking on the link to the website or you can click on the link directly to the article below.  On USA Wrestling's website the article is titled "Central to add wrestling" and it is in the little black box in the middle of the screen where the titles are scrolling through.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localsports/local_story_151130515.html

Congrats! to Central.  Great to hear another on board.  Maybe the ones responsible for making this happen can enlighten those interested in starting a program on how they did it.  If I remember correctly, they had a pretty good relationship with the media.

My son wrestles for the Madison County Middle School Club and we were very fortunate to have an outstanding coach that put in a lot of his time to develop a club at the middle school level. I believe that this was an overwelming factor in getting the high school to "buy in" to adding a team. We were able to show that there WAS a large interest at a younger level that allowed the high school to say "yes we have interest from some of our students, as well as, from future students." And yes I do believe that our coach had a good relationship with the local paper. I think it had to have helped in putting any news involving our club in the paper, which in turn helped persuade the high school administators.