Sign in to follow this  
singleleg16

Article on wrestling vs. football

wrestling is still way harder then football. i played football for 6 years i wrestled for 3 i had a lot tougher time with wrestling then football by farrrrrrrrrr if u wrestle a full 6 minutes and play a full football game ull be the judge of which is harder.

Not much of an article, the writer probably should have done some more research on wrestling before actually stating his opinion.

Usually duals are on one day, and it's sometimes a tri/quad meet on wednesday. Then we usually have 1-2 day tournaments on the weekend wrestling 5-10 matches... not one :D

The author should have done more research. 

Most wrestlers lose more than 2 or 3 pounds, and we don't weigh in immediately before we wrestle: there is at least 1 hour after weighins in duels, and about 2 during tournaments.  Even though football practices might run 2-a-days, many players will just sit on the sidelines and watch.  In a wrestling practice, also 3 hours, all athletes will participate the entire practice. 

yes, very lame article.  i always wondered if football was tougher than wrestling at any school.  i asked a guy who coached wrestling & football at Cincinnati Moeller, back when Moeller was a national power house and he favored football.  he said no way, even there, when their wrestling was weak and football was awesome....wrestling was still way tougher.  practices that is.  as far as matches vs. football games...i guess that would depend on your level of participation.  i suppose if you are starting tailback, starting middle linebacker, run back kickoffs, and are basically never off the field....it "might" be physically as demanding as a 5 match saturday.  but i doubt it.