Sign in to follow this  
tjsayers

Hoover (Alabama) Wrestling Tournament 2009

Coaches,

I would like to invite you and your team to the 2009 Hoover Invitational next season. This season we had teams from Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama in our tournament. Next season we hope to make our tournament even more competitive. Next season's Hoover Invitational will be a pool format. There will be 2 pools with 6 wrestlers in each pool. On the first day we will wrestle the pools and each wrestler will get 5 matches (they will wrestle everyone else in their pool). On the second day we will take the top 4 from each pool and put into a championship bracket and take the last 2 in each pool and put into a consolation bracket. The top 4 wrestlers in the championship bracket will place. This ensures that each wrestler in the tournament will get 5 matches the first day and at least 2 matches the 2nd day. The tournament will be on Friday, Jan 2 and Saturday Jan 3, 2009. Please let me know if you are interested in attending the 2009 Hoover Invitational. The first 12 teams to commit to the tournament will be entered.

If we have more teams interested in our tournament, we will make it a 20 team tournament and do 4 pools of 5 wrestlers and make the 2nd day a 16 man championship bracket and a consolation 4 man bracket. The only difference is that the wrestlers would only get 4 matches the first day (instead of 5).

If you think your team may be interested, or if you have any questions please e-mail me at tjsayer@hoover.k12.al.us or call me at (205)789-6867.

Thanks,

TJ Sayers