Sign in to follow this  
z_villepal

3rd Annual Zanesville PAL Summer Wrestling Tournament July 19th

Zanesville PAL will be hosting its 3rd Annual Summer Wrestling Tournament on July 19th 2008 at the West Muskingum High School gymansium. (Air Conditioned!!!).

This years tournament will feature 7 divisions on 6 mats. Division 1 & 7 will share a mat as these are the 2 smallest divisions. This is a Round Robin style tournament.

In 2007 this tournament attracted OVER 200 wrestlers. Extremely tough competition. Wrestlers from Michigan, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky as well as all over Ohio made the trip.

I have already answered numerous e-mails from people requesting information for this years tournament. I expect to have even more wrestlers register this year.

NEW THIS YEAR...Every participant will be entered in a drawing to win a $50.00 pre-paid gas card.

Entry forms will be posted on OhioWrestler.com & wvmat.com as well as other websites over the next week. I will also be posting a copy of the flyer later in this thread.

For more information call Mike @ 740-607-2912 or e-mail mmilner@columbus.rr.com

Zanesville Police Athletic League

2008 Summer Wrestling Tournament

July 19th, 2008

150 Kimes Rd                 

Zanesville, Ohio 43701

Registration Fee:             

$15.00 (Pre-registered) Entry fee & registration form must be received by July 16th.  to be considered pre-registered. 

$18.00 Walk-in to include Friday evening weigh-ins 

(New This Year) All participants will be entered in a Raffle for a $50.00 pre-paid gas card           

$25.00 For all returned checks       

Weigh-ins & Schedule:

Friday,  July. 18th    from 6:00-8:00 PM    &    Saturday, July. 19th    from 7:30-9:00 AM

Coaches Meeting @ 10:00

Wrestling begins @ 10:30

Sorry, Absolutely no call-in weights, don

The 3rd Annual Zanesville PAL Summer Wrestling Tournament is just over a month away. I have taken numerous phone calls and replied to numerous e-mails over the past couple of weeks from people requesting information. I think this year we will have the best turnout so far.

As of right now, this is the only tournament in the state on this weekend. July 19th, 2008

Some wrestlers from PA, WV & Ohio have already preregistered. Last year 5 different states represented at this tournament. Some great quality wrestlers have come to this tournament in the past. State champs, placers and qualifiers have made the trip to Zanesville and been surprised by the level of competition. Our tournament has earned a great reputation over the past 2 yrs.

We understand gas prices may keep some wrestlers away, however we are trying to help that by entering every wrestler in a drawing to win a pre-paid gas card.

As always, if there are any questions or concerns, feel free to call or e-mail. mmilner@columbus.rr.com or 740-607-2912

Nothing confirmed yet, but I recieved a phone call from a coach near Bradenton Florida today. He is thinking about bringing a full roster of high school wrestlers (all of which are state qualifiers 2 are placers) to Zanesville on their way back from camps in Iowa. They will be competing in Chicago on the 12th and want to stop here on their way back to Florida.

I will update more when I get confirmation.

Just a reminder. Pre-registration is $3.00 cheaper than walk-in. Pre-registration deadline is 07/16 @ 6:00PM. We have been getting in a lot of registrations. I wioll post all of the pre-registrations after the deadline has passed.

If you need a flyer, click on the following link. http://www.ohiowrestler.com/Forms/OW...ingum_Form.pdf

there is absolutetly no reason to post the same topic in 4 different threads. 

Sorry...I was unaware that I had broken any forum rules. I simply was trying to reach all audiences of this forum. This tournament goes from 6 & U all the way up to an Open adult division. I am certain that you have some users who only look at the High School or Youth pages for example. If I post only in the general forum then it is possible that someone who only looks at the yourh forum would not know about our tournament or any updates.

Trust me... I do not enjoy typing the same thing in 4 different forums. I really have better things to do. But I want to ensure that everyone knows about this tourney. By the way where does it say I can't post the same topic on multiple forums?