Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

'08-'09 Region 3 Pre Season Rankings (4/16/08)

Region 3 Rankings

1  Zack Tucker (SOUT 10)

2  Dylan Pike (MEAD, 11)

3  Jody Foster (BUCE,  )

4  Jacob Leverich (FAIR,  )

5  Dylan Hamilton (PRP, 11)

6  Matt Willard (DOSS,  )

1  James Huffine (SOUT, 11)

2  James Childress (MEAD, 11)

3  Kevin Nguyen (IROQ, 10)

4  Jared Colston (PRP, 9)

5  Preston Glass (BUCE, 10)

6  Tyler Goldman (FAIR,  )

7  Shawn Gartin (DOSS,  )

8  Leonard Burks (VALL,  )

1  David Beck (FAIR,  )

2  Steve Milby (SOUT,  )

3  Tyler Jones (PRP, 10)

4  Nick Byrd (DESA, 10)

5  Joseph Millay (MEAD,  )

6  Adam Mann (BUCE,  )

1  Chris Barrett (SOUT, 11)

2  Desmond Mitchell (VALL, 12)

3  Anthony Wood (PRP, 10)

4  Vince Weston (FAIR,  )

5  Eric Sivado (DESA, 10)

6  Alex Weiger (DOSS, 10)

7  Justin Clark (BUCE,  )

8  Steadman Shakleford (WEST,  )

9  James McGeehee (MEAD,  )

1  Wes Lewis (DOSS, 12)

2  David Moore (FAIR,  )

3  T.J. Berryman (SOUT,  )

4  Matt Vardeman (PRP, 12)

5  Carlos Seigert (SHAW,  )

6  Trevor Campbell (MEAD,  )

7  Jacob Daniel (BUCE,  )

8  Rashade Dennis (VALL,  )

1  Alex Hacker (DOSS, 12)

2  Jake  Maupin (FAIR, 9)

3  Joey Carter (MEAD, 11)

4  Daniel Sauer (PRP, 12)

5  Justin Willenborg (HOLO, 12)

6  Jake Weedman (SOUT, 10)

7  Zack Goldsmith (DESA, 10)

8  Patrick Underwood (BUCE, 12)

9  Michael Carr (SHAW,  )

1  Rayshawn Graham (IROQ, 12)

2  Ethan Medley (MEAD, 12)

3  Camryn Fields (PRP, 10)

4  Dakota Sparks (SOUT, 10)

5  Brent Weston (FAIR,  )

6  Alex French (DESA,  )

7  Kenny Baily (SHAW, 11)

8  James Clark (BUCE,  )

9  York Bingham (WEST,  )

10  Michael Leakes (VALL,  )

1  Antwan Fields (IROQ, 11)

2  Akeem Bennett (BUCE, 12)

3  Lamont Calloway (PRP, 11)

4  Austin Bejasano (MEAD,  )

5  Donnie Quarfield (FAIR,  )

6  Dominiece Mitchell (SHAW, 11)

7  Jake Heavrin (SOUT,  )

8  Jeremy Poling (VALL,  )

1  William Northington (PRP, 10)

2  Thomas Rach (MEAD, 12)

3  Robbie Gividen (FAIR,  )

4  Brody O

Kevin Nguyen (Iroquois) finished 4th in regional tournament this year and Graham (Iroquois) will be back at 135.

Most of these are predictions on the weights.  BTW, Nguyen finished 3rd at 103 behind Badgett and Huffine.

Most of these are predictions on the weights.  BTW, Nguyen finished 3rd at 103 behind Badgett and Huffine.

Jaxon is the coolest name i've ever heard. It's like the guy from Mortal Combat and Jason put together.

Region 3 Rankings

1  David Beck (FAIR,   )

2  Steve Milby (SOUT,   )

3  Tyler Jones (PRP, 10)

4  Nick Byrd (DESA, 10)

5  Joseph Millay (MEAD,   )

6  Adam Mann (BUCE,   )

milby more than likely will not be on the team but trevor martin who will be a senior will be at 119 and he is ALOT better than steve milbyi see him and beck being a good match

Region 3 Rankings

1  Zack Tucker (SOUT 10)

2  Dylan Pike (MEAD, 11)

Jody Foster (BUCE,  )

4  Jacob Leverich (FAIR,   )

5  Dylan Hamilton (PRP, 11)

6  Matt Willard (DOSS,   )

Man, Jody Foster play a stunning role in The Accused.  I didn't think she would still be eligible for high school athletics though. :lol:

What happened to Northington this year.  I didn't see him wrestle once.

Kicked off due to gettin' in a fight. He'll be back next year.

Who is the defending region champ and which teams are the preseason favorites to win it this year?

The defending champ is Meade Co.  The early favorites should be Southern coming off a region runner-up perfomance.  They should return a full line-up with 7 state qualifiers.  PRP will not be far behind.  Leading the way for the Panthers will be returning state champ, Dakoda Choate and senior state qualifier Dusty Stengel.  PRP should return a full line-up with 6 previous state qualifiers.  Do not be suprised to see Fairdale in the top 3 in region in February.  They should return a full line-up of experienced wrestlers.  They may not have a ton of state qualifiers, but in Region 3, having a full line-up is half the battle.

Good luck to everyone this upcoming season and hope to see you on the mat.

Should be an interesting region tournament this year but dont overlook the defending region champs... Meade Co.  The team did lose a few descent guys but this team seems to be getting much better with every season.  Not saying that southern doesn't have a great shot but I think Meade Co will be impressive.

Should be an interesting region tournament this year but dont overlook the defending region champs... Meade Co.  The team did lose a few descent guys but this team seems to be getting much better with every season.  Not saying that southern doesn't have a great shot but I think Meade Co will be impressive.

i think southern will dogood imo its my team ya but i think we might win never kno tho but calvin wont be wrestlin cause of football so evan will be 171

i think southern will dogood imo its my team ya but i think we might win never kno tho but calvin wont be wrestlin cause of football so evan will be 171

I dont think southern will do as well most are saying that they will. They lost several good wrestlers last year, and they are really weak in several weight classes. They have a few promising wrestlers like james huffine and zack tucker and jordan blakemore, and i can even see chris barrett, but with all the people they lost last year and calvin not wrestling, i think it will be really tough for them to pull out another region finish like last years.

Southern should have a good season this year. they usually do. Huffine will pin through regionals more than likely, zack tucker and jordan blakemore should both be in the finals, putting southern in position to be a top 3 team next year. their coach always does a good job of recruiting as well... so with a new year coming in, there should be a whole new crop of freshman arriving for southern, all in all-southern places 4th i think.

regional champions=PRP

I dont think southern will do as well most are saying that they will. They lost several good wrestlers last year, and they are really weak in several weight classes. They have a few promising wrestlers like james huffine and zack tucker and jordan blakemore, and i can even see chris barrett, but with all the people they lost last year and calvin not wrestling, i think it will be really tough for them to pull out another region finish like last years.

yes the loss of calvin is a loss cause he was a good wrestler but he had NO! heart for wrestling and never tried and also Evan Decker normally beat him on the wrestle offs because evan just picked up to wrestling cause the heart for the sport, and you never know with how our weight classes are looking it looks very promsing for next year yes we lost marc blandford, rob noe, and aaron harris but we have a new heavy weight coming in who is pretty decent size and i believe can be great 119 will be covered my trevor martin who was 50 times better than steve milby and i can see winning region if he pushes himself but we will see wont we

yes the loss of calvin is a loss cause he was a good wrestler but he had NO! heart for wrestling and never tried and also Evan Decker normally beat him on the wrestle offs because evan just picked up to wrestling cause the heart for the sport, and you never know with how our weight classes are looking it looks very promsing for next year yes we lost marc blandford, rob noe, and aaron harris but we have a new heavy weight coming in who is pretty decent size and i believe can be great 119 will be covered my trevor martin who was 50 times better than steve milby and i can see winning region if he pushes himself but we will see wont we

Sorry bud, that paragraph needs an english teacher. lol.