Ben Rust 11 Campbell County

Rusty Parks 11 Woodford County

Tyler Baines 11 St. Xavier

Josh Ashbrook 9 Harrison County

Stacy Miller 11 Larue County

Eric Bryant 11 McCreary Central

Malcolm Jackson 10 Fern Creek

Daniel Murner 11 South Oldham

I know Malcolm will be going 125-130 more than likely 130..

Guest DAWG6
explain to me wut that is 119 125 and 130 mix ?

Chief, thats why pre-season doesn't mean a thing :wink:

To many kids move around in weigh :twisted:

If you go 125, Stacy will go 130, can he cut back to 19 :roll:

Eric Bryant says he'll be 130-135 probably "Murton"

Sanders and Courtney @130 :shock:

Thueneman :?:

I'm not to far off with a few of those names.

Come Dec bring this thread back and we will see who is and isn't at 130 :!:

My list is more accruate than Breds130 picks :twisted:

Bryant will not be at 130. I weigh less now than I did this time last year. I am going 119, no more than 125. It depends on where my team needs me for our first top 10 finish ever. My team is returning everyone, which includes 8 state qualifiers.

Guest DAWG6
Bryant will not be at 130. I weigh less now than I did this time last year. I am going 119' date=' no more than 125. It depends on where my team needs me for our first top 10 finish ever. My team is returning everyone, which includes 8 state qualifiers.[/quote']

MC125,

I was just pointing out that preseason picks again don't mean a thing.

I never thought you would go back to 19 :oops:

If you do, you would be the top contender for a title.

But you can see that all this means nothing till everyone stands on the scale come Dec/Jan.

It goes for all the weigh classes, some will stay the same, others may go up one or two weight class's, heck a few may even go down one :twisted:

Others will move to a weight where they have the best chance two win a title:?:

There will be many surprizes once eveyone step on the scales in all weight classes :shock:

Is this statment NOT true :idea:

Coty Lewis will not like to hear your at 19, he may have the most state runner-ups in history :roll: .

And that is no disrespect towards Coty he is a great wrestler, he just hasn't gotten the break or beat the best.

Ruschell, Wood, maybe now Bryant :oops: :?:

:?: :oops:

Derek Scott maybe. Unless he goes 135. I don't know if he'd be going 135 to avoid Murton, i don't want to imply that even accidentally, everyone grows at different rates.

Possibly Ashbrooke, but he was looking big enough in the offseason that wrestling 135 wouldn't be wrestling fat.

Ben Rust had told me he's going 130. I don't know if thats still the case. He's gotten stocky from lifting, but if he can't make 130 he'll go 135.

If those 3 don't go 130, they'll be top 5 wherever they end up anyway.

I don't think Coty Lewis will have a problem with Bryant' date=' I'd say a major decision possibly.[/quote']

I really don't understand your thinking behind this post??

Bryant beat Parks 10-6, beat butler 9-4, and pinned chad scott; butler beat coty, all this happened this off-season, coty is a great wresler but I definatly don't see a victory for coty in this match-up!!! Especially since coty has to cut more weight than bryant to make 119.

I saw some of theses matches and Bryant was giving up weight in every match. I doubt that the smallest of these wrestlers could handle three rounds with Bryant....and I'm a Woodford fan.

Come on Rambo, honestly. Bryant beat Parks 10-6 out of season. Thats hardly handing someone's behind to them. They can't last three rounds with Bryant ? You're trying to make it sound like he mauled all of Woodford's guys while he drank a glass of lemonade. Come on. :)

The Bengals roughed up the New England Patriots in preseason last year, but which of those teams was better again ? I'm not saying Bryant is the Bengals metaphorically speaking, but once again i'm saying out of season matches mean as much as football preseason. I wouldn't base any predictions on out of season matches.

And once again, if Parks had weight on Bryant it could very well have been that Bryant is keeping in better shape in the offseason and is trimmer as a result. That being said, such a match would possibly go worse for Bryant when the season comes around and you have a lighter Parks in better physical condition. It seems Parks is saying he's going 125 next year, so he was possibly fat if he had as much weight on Bryant as you claim. I would hardly cede wrestling fat as an advantage if that was what was going on ... i'd be more willing to call it a handicap.

I know you like the guy, but lets at least try to be objective here. Although, i'm not willing to say Lewis would major Bryant either. Thats a bit bold of a statement too. I think those two would be a good match.

Ok Bryant beat Parks 10-6 at the Bluegrass State Games. Did you see the match and who controlled it? Parks was winning the whole time and got a scratch on his eyeball. He didn't get scratched around his eye or on his eyelid, but rather the eyeball itself. I saw it and it looked pretty nasty. Bryant won on a throw that didn't look that good anyway. My reasoning behind Lewis being able to major decision Bryant is that the only way Bryant can hang with Parks is because of his strength, and Coty is stronger than Rusty (he's a man). He's also explosive where Rusty is more slick. Don't bring Butler or Chad Scott into this, that has nothing to do with this. Parks and Lewis both will be state champs this year, along with Courtney and Starks, and maybe John Smith.

Guest jp
Why not? It could have went either way last year. Some thought that it actually DID go the other way.

As with many others I saw the match and agree the correct call was made.

Coty waited to late to attack Caleb,

Both are great wrestlers and they will always split. Yes, Coty could have just as easy be the stae champion.

I'm interested in the John Smith being able to make 12, that could be good. Wood, Smith, Luna maybe a few others.

Good points everyone. I'm one that thought Lewis won that match, but its over now....

The FACT of the matter is, Parks will be top 3 next year no matter what at 125, Lewis will be top 3 next year at 119 and Smith will probably be top 3 at 112. Woodford just has too many good wrestlers coming back next year, impossible to stop.

I know I'm going to get the old "if a team works hard", or "if Woodford has injuries". Common sense, look at their line up for next year.

I agree, no one has anything for Woodford next year in the team competition. I don't know about having 5 champs though ... even if you have 5 guys that are true favorites one is bound to get upset. Those 3 you mentioned will be top 3 or 4 also. You are right about that too.

My reasoning for Bryant/Lewis being a good match is strength on strength actually. Negates each other's advantage somewhat.

So, weight is a disadvantage??? Both Parks and Bryant were completly out of shape.

You think Coty is just as strong as Bryant...that's funny :lol:

I guess Parks will have to wrestle whatever Coty doesn't since Coty is so much better than Parks!!

I agree with everything grapplinfan said. There is no way they will have 5 champs. That just doesnt happen. But they could have anywhere from 9-13 placers. Probably 2 champs.

And I also agree, Lewis and Bryant will be a good match. Can't wait to see it. I do think Lewis would beat him. He's better on his feet and that usually wins the close matches.