Sign in to follow this  
Warrior125

Peace vs. Courtney

I saw Peace beat Courtney in Oldham County last year or, the year before. Granted it was freestyle but, Peace won. Don't remember at what weight either.

i saw that too peace wrestled him in greco and in freestyle and owned him in both he teched him in both it was insane

that is impressive, but in all fairness to Courtney, takedowns is definitely his weakest area.  both fs/gr emphasize takedowns.  peace is an animal on his feet. 

I'd still take Courtney in folkstyle.  The match would eventually end up on the mat, and I think Courtney would make up ground there.  But Peace would take him on his feet.  I just don't think he could score enough on his feet to beat Harrison though.

I actually wondered this too, and according to some very respected officials through out the state they all agreed that Peace would win by at least a major!

I believed that till I actually got to see Courtney wrestle at state and I was blown away by him. I think the match is close and its a toss up to who ever is having a better day. I couldn't bet one way or the other. I think pound for pound these two and Reid are the best in the state.

I actually wondered this too, and according to some very respected officials through out the state they all agreed that Peace would win by at least a major!

I believed that till I actually got to see Courtney wrestle at state and I was blown away by him. I think the match is close and its a toss up to who ever is having a better day. I couldn't bet one way or the other. I think pound for pound these two and Reid are the best in the state.

I would guess it would be close also, and could go either way just as you say.  Courtney has just made a believer out of me over the past few years.  Time and time again, people think someone is going to beat him, and he pulls through when it counts - state.  Plus I believe these 2 have wrestled a couple of times before.  I know it was a few years ago and they have both improved greatly, but I'd have to consider the history as relevant.

Anyway you look at it, they are 2 of the top wrestlers all time from this state.  Not many guys from here go D-1 on a full ride, and Peace has earned an awesome scholarship, and has been successful on a national level (soph nationals).  Courtney has proven his rank in and out of state repeatedly. 

umm yes he did he actually pinned him in a minute and forty-nine seconds

Yes, in 2005 he pinned him in the 3rd/4th place match.  They also wrestled in the quarters and Courtney won 9-1.  Did Peace beat him a few weeks earlier at the Dragon?

In my opinion Courtney was the best 130 in the state that year (without a doubt), but it looked like nerves got the better of him in the semis and he didn't wrestle at all against Joey Sanders.

Yes, in 2005 he pinned him in the 3rd/4th place match.  They also wrestled in the quarters and Courtney won 9-1.  Did Peace beat him a few weeks earlier at the Dragon?

In my opinion Courtney was the best 130 in the state that year (without a doubt), but it looked like nerves got the better of him in the semis and he didn't wrestle at all against Joey Sanders.

yes i agree

I really don't like woodford but courtney is a beast and although peace is good I don't think he could handle courtney.

I really don't like woodford but courtney is a beast and although peace is good I don't think he could handle courtney.

peace has beatin courtney and courtney has beatin peace so really no say

harrison wrestled varstiy for Woodford his eight grade year so it was possible.

harrison and peace are both beast they have beatin each other so lets just call it even