Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON March 5

Robbie Vaughn isn't in the Rankings???

why :? :? :? :| :| :oops: :oops: :x :x :-( :?

I've talked to him a lot over the last month.  But I'm not convinced he will be back.  He is a good guy and has some talent, but when he tried to come back this season you could tell he wasn't ready.  Will the summer off be enough to get near 100%?  Maybe.  But I'm not convinced.

I've talked to him a lot over the last month.  But I'm not convinced he will be back.  He is a good guy and has some talent, but when he tried to come back this season you could tell he wasn't ready.  Will the summer off be enough to get near 100%?  Maybe.  But I'm not convinced.

Fair enough.. his return is doubtful.. Depending on physical therapy

At 130, Bryan Thompson from franklin co. beat Jack Podgorski twice this year and a few times last season. He has never lost to Podgorski as well

Do you think that Jake Lee will be at 171 next year.  There will be no reason for him not to return at 160. 

Not likely unless he has a significant growth spurt.

At 130, Bryan Thompson from franklin co. beat Jack Podgorski twice this year and a few times last season. He has never lost to Podgorski as well

Cody Ward has also beaten Jack Podorski and Bryan Thompson, both by major.

brent feher from apollo is going to be someone to watch out for in the 119 weight class he placed 5th at region  last year and he is working hard this off season i could see him in the top 10 by seasons end.

I don't understand what puts Shawn Johnson at #1. He didn't have a very good tournament. He lost to two guys who also didn't place.

Ok good point, but who else at 125 is going to be ranked 1st? Shawn Johnson is the best wrestler ranked at 125 right now, and its not like he is just going to stop wrestling over the summer, he isn't like that, hes going to work hard im sure.

It wasn't Ward who beat Podgorski and Thompson.  That was Maxwell.

Maxwell also has beaten Podgorski and Thompson but Ward has as well, at Super Duals to be exact. He went 8-1 that week. I'm only saying something because Ward is the one who is no ranked, Maxwell is ranked #11 at 135.

brent feher from apollo is going to be someone to watch out for in the 119 weight class he placed 5th at region  last year and he is working hard this off season i could see him in the top 10 by seasons end.

wow 5th in region.. thats impressive puts u at like between 33rd and 40th in state... so if you want to be top 10 its gonna take alot of work

I was looking back at some results at the Armstrong Classic and Joe Rupp placed 6th behind both Corey Robards of Henderson County, and Wade Willen of UHA. Neither of these kids are ranked at 103lbs....Did Rupp do something at state or emerge later in the season....Not challenging any assumptions...Just dont remember him that

I don't understand what puts Shawn Johnson at #1. He didn't have a very good tournament. He lost to two guys who also didn't place.

He did in fact beat Shane Parks (State Champ) this year at the Dragon and lost by only a few at regions.