Sign in to follow this  
high crotch

Jake Burroughs

This past weekend Jake won his 4th elementary state title. 2 other kids were 3 timers but they both lost. So my question is, has anybody else got 4 titles at the elementary state tournaments?

2005 was in LaRue County--that was the first tournament.  I don't know of any other wrestler who has won all 4 years other than Jake.  He is such a great kid--but then again Joe and Wendy are great people so it's no wonder.  Congratulation Jake!!  I am sure we will continue to hear great things throughout his entire career.  He will be a GREAT Kentucky success--he certainly represents our state well already--Keep it up Jake!

how many does Sean Fausz have?

Sean is only a 3rd year wrestler.  His first full season was his 4th grade year.  So he is only a 3 time champion, and a 1 time M.S. champion.  M.S. championship was much more rewarding for him.

From what I've seen of Jake the last 3 years, I'd say he has the potential to be the next John Fahy, totally dominating at the M.S. level.

This past weekend Jake won his 4th elementary state title. 2 other kids were 3 timers but they both lost. So my question is, has anybody else got 4 titles at the elementary state tournaments?

I think David Rich from Rule is also a 4 time champion.  But how can you really say State Champion when you have more than one bracket.

No IRISHWRESTLER we dont need to get over more than one champion thing in several weight classes.If you all want to call this the Elementary School State Championships then lets have a CHAMPION. Otherwise lets change the name of it and nobody will have a complaint about it. But congratulations to the young men who won this year.