Sign in to follow this  
sheeves

National Rankings and Kentucky?????

I don't have the archives of the rankings, but I know that Joe Carr Jr. was nationally ranked as a high school senior.  In fact, he wrestled for team USA in the Dapper Dan Classic (USA vs. Pennsylvania).  Unfortunately, Joe Heskett caught him late in the match in a head/arm and pinned Joe.  Heskett went on to a solid, all-american college career and Carr went on to star at West Virginia.

I don't have the archives of the rankings, but I know that Joe Carr Jr. was nationally ranked as a high school senior.  In fact, he wrestled for team USA in the Dapper Dan Classic (USA vs. Pennsylvania).  Unfortunately, Joe Heskett caught him late in the match in a head/arm and pinned Joe.  Heskett went on to a solid, all-american college career and Carr went on to star at West Virginia.

I know I'm picking hairs but he couldn't have wrestled Joe Heskett in the USA vs Pennsylvania dual because Heskett went to Walsh Jesuit in Ohio.  Also Carr Jr wrestled 145 his senior year while Heskett was at 160.  The reason I know is there used to be a picture in the Woodford wrestling room of the Dream Team members from Joe's senior year.  Names like Joe Heskett, Cael Sanderson, Jamarr Billman, and a few other big names if I could remember them.  Nevertheless Joe was ranked first in the country his senior year and was on the Dream Team like you said.  He sort of lived up to his ranking by finishing second in both Junior (freestyle in Fargo, ND) and Senior (folkstyle in Cleveland, OH) Nationals.

That sounds about right, I think Mike Zadick was on the poster too.  How do/did you know him?  He's obviously done very well, definitely in the thick of things to go to the Olympics (already a 2x World Team Member and World Silver Medalist).

Im from Montana. He was in the same grade as me from a different school but we of course were around each other quite a bit between high school and freestyle during the spring and summer.

Joe Jr. was beaten  by Brian Burrows from Pennsylvania. Burrows signed with Oklahoma State out of high school, but never wrestled for them because he got into some trouble.

I know I'm picking hairs but he couldn't have wrestled Joe Heskett in the USA vs Pennsylvania dual because Heskett went to Walsh Jesuit in Ohio.  Also Carr Jr wrestled 145 his senior year while Heskett was at 160.  The reason I know is there used to be a picture in the Woodford wrestling room of the Dream Team members from Joe's senior year.  Names like Joe Heskett, Cael Sanderson, Jamarr Billman, and a few other big names if I could remember them.  Nevertheless Joe was ranked first in the country his senior year and was on the Dream Team like you said.  He sort of lived up to his ranking by finishing second in both Junior (freestyle in Fargo, ND) and Senior (folkstyle in Cleveland, OH) Nationals.

Bailey is athletic, but he will get dragged when he hits one of those Penn/ Iowa heavyweights with 8% bodyfat, the Jordan Whiting look alikes in better shape, with actual technique.  He'll go 1-2 or 0-2.

thanks i like it when ppl think im goin to do bad or not as well because then i can prove you wrong .

but i will tell you this i will be an all american.

thanks i like it when ppl think im goin to do bad or not as well because then i can prove you wrong .

but i will tell you this i will be an all american.

I'm routing for you, i'm sure you will do well.

Some perspective.  Ervin wrestled and beat Tanner Wedding from Indiana a couple times this season, all by 1 point.  Wedding was handled the first round of state here in In, 11-6 by Atwood.  Atwood went on to take 4th.  The kid who won, Andrew Howe, who is ranked nationally top 3/4 in every major pole teched/pinnned every single wrestler he's faced in the past two years except for the finals this year where he only won 22-9.

Oh, and Atwood (the guy who easily handled Wedding, who was pretty much dead even with Ervin) was teched by Howe 23-5, with Howe not breaking a sweat.

Don't get me wrong I think Bailey has huge potential and could be very good on the college level if he learns a little more technique, all he needs are a couple moves that he can hit on anyone because of his strength.  However at this years nationals I don't think he'll place.  He'll beat a couple kids on his strength but that won't be enough on someone who can weather the storm and beat him when he gets tired.

It isn't a good comparison of how bad Ervin beat Wedding. They are first cousins and probably train together in the offseason. This allows each to learn how the other wrestles. Both are great wrestlers though.

Im not sure how accurate that perspective is either.

I saw Ervin and Wedding wrestle a close match at Mater Dei. It was close but I thought the reason was because they know each other so well from wrestling each other so much. I think Mitch wins 10 out of 10 bouts and I dont mean that to slight the Wedding kid, I thought he looked good too! I'm not saying Mitch could beat Howe, the kids legitimate top 5 in the country, but I think he could have wrestled into the night at IN state!

Howe is the best wrestler in Indiana, all weights! He deserves the recognition because he attends and does well at nationals year in and year out.

Don't get me wrong I think Bailey has huge potential and could be very good on the college level if he learns a little more technique, all he needs are a couple moves that he can hit on anyone because of his strength.  However at this years nationals I don't think he'll place.  He'll beat a couple kids on his strength but that won't be enough on someone who can weather the storm and beat him when he gets tired.

thanks but ima do what i go to do to win and thats anything so dont worry bout me

thanks but ima do what i go to do to win and thats anything so dont worry bout me

Are you serious, as long as baileys double blast keeps hittin and he stays agressive I easily see him placing. I know theres not that many have weights out there with the speed and strength of bailey.