Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Biggest surprises of the state tournament

Choate had a great tourny, no one expected him to beat Ashbrook (sp).  Ashbrook looked dead during their match. Choate may not be the best or most dominant 152 Kentucky has ever seen, but he's still a champ and he pulled some major upsets.  Give the kid some credit, I wouldn't be surprised if he repeated.

I agree with the bear to a certain extent.  Choate is pretty bad but I don't know about the worst state champ I've ever seen.  I wonder if he runs from Courtney next year.

I don't think Choate will run from Courtney.  I definitely don't think he would beat him, but he won't run from him.  Choate will be 160 next year.  Dakoda isn't flashy and his matches are usually very low scoring.  He just seems to find a way to win most of the time.

I agree with the bear to a certain extent.  Choate is pretty bad but I don't know about the worst state champ I've ever seen.  I wonder if he runs from Courtney next year.

Don't even hint that he would ever run from anybody. You don't know him, don't do that. He was going 145 FOR Courtney and the competition. He was cutting and weighed around 146 147 during the summer but couldn't keep it there. He was cutting just to make 152. Just like he weighed 152 last year and stayed 160 for Johnny. Don't bad mouth him.

I don't know Dakota, But from what I've seen This kid is one of the few kids out there who just wrestles and keeps wrestling and dosn't stop,  He was a runner up last year as a sophmore, And this year stepped up And beat the best 152 in the state In Ashbrook , And He got the WIN in the state finals which is all that matters. I think this is a tough kid who could be a good college wrestler

I don't know Dakota, But from what I've seen This kid is one of the few kids out there who just wrestles and keeps wrestling and dosn't stop,  He was a runner up last year as a sophmore, And this year stepped up And beat the best 152 in the state In Ashbrook , And He got the WIN in the state finals which is all that matters. I think this is a tough kid who could be a good college wrestler

Thanks. People bad mouth him but what they don't stop to think about is that, no matter what anyone thinks, you can't just stall your way through state and the most dominant wrestler in your weight and not get called or beat. It just doesn't happen and i'm sick and tired of people using this for the reason he won. He's the champ. Get over. He'll probably do it again next season because he'll actually be doing some wrestling this off-season, unluck last year.

Thanks. People bad mouth him but what they don't stop to think about is that, no matter what anyone thinks, you can't just stall your way through state and the most dominant wrestler in your weight and not get called or beat. It just doesn't happen and i'm sick and tired of people using this for the reason he won. He's the champ. Get over. He'll probably do it again next season because he'll actually be doing some wrestling this off-season, unluck last year.

I agree with you about him being the champ and people needing to get over it.  I wasn't, nor have I ever complained about the stalling calls (my biggest concern is they need to be consistent).  I don't think I was bad-mouthing him, just stating my opinion.  Even though he's the state champ I don't think he's a very good wrestler.  One another note, I wish people would apply your logic to Shane Parks.  I'll agree that he stalled his butt off the entire third period.  But after talking to Shane he did excatly what the referee told him to do, which was to stay in the center.  You can't blame him for that.

I agree with you about him being the champ and people needing to get over it.  I wasn't, nor have I ever complained about the stalling calls (my biggest concern is they need to be consistent).  I don't think I was bad-mouthing him, just stating my opinion.  Even though he's the state champ I don't think he's a very good wrestler.  One another note, I wish people would apply your logic to Shane Parks.  I'll agree that he stalled his butt off the entire third period.  But after talking to Shane he did excatly what the referee told him to do, which was to stay in the center.  You can't blame him for that.

I think the main reason people talk about Parks' finals match is because of left-over outrage concerning his match with Norberry. After that we all looked for more and more things to point out about him. I won't complain about his finals match but I still stand by my statement that he lost the match with Norberry by atleast seven. But he did the job and beat a very good wrestler in Voth and I aknowledge his ability. Parks is good. Choate is good. Both champs.

I will agree with you on the call about the peterson, it could have gone either way, although I don't know about a full five points.  I assume the other two points are about the supposed takedown towards the end of the third period.  That was not a takedown, Parks clearly had a whizzer and demonstrated that Norberry did not have control.  The ref blew them out pretty quickly so I can see how some might not have seen this though.

Choate a College wrestler? I'm not saying he can't...but he better start improving VERY quickly.

Choate a College wrestler? I'm not saying he can't...but he better start improving VERY quickly.

He actually has some of what it takes to become a college wrestler. Considering he's very hard to score on and can keep just about any match he's in somewhat close, it can always go either way. I think Choate is a good wrestler and will do some damage next year at whatever weight he decides to go.

He actually has some of what it takes to become a college wrestler. Considering he's very hard to score on and can keep just about any match he's in somewhat close, it can always go either way. I think Choate is a good wrestler and will do some damage next year at whatever weight he decides to go.

He's gonna be up at 171 probly next year. He won't look hardly any different than he does now. He'll be waaay too fast for the other 171's and his technique and strength will only improve by the time next season is here. He'll repeat.

171 that will put him against Hitchings.  I'm not sure he will be faster than Hitchings, and Hitchings also likes to keep his matches close, so that he can throw in the legs.

He's gonna be up at 171 probly next year. He won't look hardly any different than he does now. He'll be waaay too fast for the other 171's and his technique and strength will only improve by the time next season is here. He'll repeat.

Other than team line-up I couldn't imagine why Choate would go up to 171. I really didn't think he was that big of a 152..

And if Hitchings can ride Reid for some time, and hold all of the other 171 pounders down I don't see why he wouldn't hold him down..

Other than team line-up I couldn't imagine why Choate would go up to 171. I really didn't think he was that big of a 152..

And if Hitchings can ride Reid for some time, and hold all of the other 171 pounders down I don't see why he wouldn't hold him down..

Choate was cutting quite a bit before every match and he said that he isn't cutting any weight at all next year. He'll be putting weight on for baseball and what he walks in at will be his weight class.