Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Courtney vs Ervin

Who would you pick between Courtney and Mitch Ervin if they met at 152?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick between Courtney and Mitch Ervin if they met at 152?

• Harrison Courtney
    • Mitch Ervin

I'd have to take Courtney if they met at 152.  However if Courtney was at 145 and Ervin at 160 I don't know.  Ervin looked huge compared to Sheehan.  Either Ervin looked like a 171 or Sheehan looked like a 152, I couldn't decide.  Either way Ervin looked awesome this weekend.  Second most dominating performance this past weekend that's for sure.

By the way, does anyone know if Ervin is planning on wrestling in college?  He definitely has the ability.

No way. Ervin all the way. He would, with out a shadow of a doubt, destroy when neutral. On the mat he has alot more than some fancy tilts and leg rides. He's a power house with crazy technique from every position. But , yeah, his neutral game alone would win the match.

I'd have to take Courtney if they met at 152.  However if Courtney was at 145 and Ervin at 160 I don't know.  Ervin looked huge compared to Sheehan.  Either Ervin looked like a 171 or Sheehan looked like a 152, I couldn't decide.  Either way Ervin looked awesome this weekend.  Second most dominating performance this past weekend that's for sure.

By the way, does anyone know if Ervin is planning on wrestling in college?  He definitely has the ability.

Sheehan was looking light because he was. I don't his weight when he hit the scales but I know he was not worried about making weight. Because of his injuries he wasn't able to lift this year like he normally would. Having said that Irvin still looked like a hos

harrison courtney no doubt, id take courtney with the 15 pound weight disadvantage... plus harrison has a shlong longer than the nile river

im not going to ask how you know that

Are you all serious about Courtney beating Mitch. If he could why wouldnt he just go 160 and not cut so much damn weight. In my opinion Mitch walked through state so I don't see why courtney wouldnt just go 160 and face better competition and also be a happy wrestler because he wont have to cut so much weight.

Are you all serious about Courtney beating Mitch. If he could why wouldnt he just go 160 and not cut so much damn weight. In my opinion Mitch walked through state so I don't see why courtney wouldnt just go 160 and face better competition and also be a happy wrestler because he wont have to cut so much weight.

Bla, bla, bla, Why didn't Mitch cut to 145 so he could face the best? Or the same question, why didn't he go to 171 ,oh you already answered that in your post.

Mitch went 160 because he wanted to wrestle Wolsifer at state but that became impossible.He doesnt avoid competetion he looks for it and if you say different then you dont know him.

Courtney wrestled 145 because it was better for the team.  Chad Scott couldn't make 145 and neither could Sheehan so Courtney was the obvious choice to make the cut even though he's the better wrestler of the three.  When your on a team that's challenging for a state championship you have to make personal sacrificies to help the team.  Don't get me wrong though, I think Mitch Ervin is an excellent wrestler, probably second best in the state (Peace and Reid from Ryle are very good as well). 

Why doesn't Ervin work on beating Beau Sanders ,before any of u can even start to compare harry and ervin you should all remember beau beating ervin, i sure do.

Mitch Ervin bro, not Isaac Ervin, plus Isaac had pinned Beau earlier in the year but Beau won when it counted. In the Union Co. wrestling room the team put up their individual goals and mitch's main goal was to beat Johnny Wolsiefer. Its probably still hanging up in the room, he didnt run from the competition...

Courtney didnt really cut weight maybe 7 or 8 lbs at the most

That was going to be my comment. You beat me to it there possumdad. Harrison would have to bulk up to go 160.

Mitch Ervin bro, not Isaac Ervin, plus Isaac had pinned Beau earlier in the year but Beau won when it counted. In the Union Co. wrestling room the team put up their individual goals and mitch's main goal was to beat Johnny Wolsiefer. Its probably still hanging up in the room, he didnt run from the competition...

the only reason Ervin stuck Beau is because Beau did a stupid move and got caught.....sometimes you get caught....who was in the state finals with courtney is what matters

Mitch is a good wrestler.  Courtney is the best wrestler in Kentucky, probably since the 80's.  Ervin would lose.  He might get a takedown, maybe.  He would lose, and lose poorly.

the only reason Ervin stuck Beau is because Beau did a stupid move and got caught.....sometimes you get caught....who was in the state finals with courtney is what matters

Not so! Beau took an absolute butt whoopin by Isaac earlier. There was no stupid move, I was there and saw the match. They wrestled in a cafeteria at one of the Lexington schools (lafayette or tates creek).  Beau was on his stomach in the third period and Isaac did a leg lace and arm bar and walked around and did a figure four of the head. Pinned baby, out went the lights.

In Beau's defense, his wrestling partner was involved in football and Beau was in very bad shape. Isaac completely dominated Beau because he was in much better shape. That's it, nothing else.

Beau got in better shape and looked great at state. 3 months can change alot. Beau was clearly the better of the 2 wrestlers down state.

I think if courtney and ervin wrestled courtney would get his ace smashed because ervin is a machine made to wrestle, and if Isaac and beau had to wrestle again, beau would smash him every time.

Courtney didnt really cut weight maybe 7 or 8 lbs at the most

My bad I heard he usually weighs in the 170's. I guess you shouldnt believe everything you hear!

My bad I heard he usually weighs in the 170's. I guess you shouldnt believe everything you hear!

I wrestled him at state games and he was either 155 or 165. Don't remember which.

Not so! Beau took an absolute butt whoopin by Isaac earlier. There was no stupid move, I was there and saw the match. They wrestled in a cafeteria at one of the Lexington schools (lafayette or tates creek).  Beau was on his stomach in the third period and Isaac did a leg lace and arm bar and walked around and did a figure four of the head. Pinned baby, out went the lights.

In Beau's defense, his wrestling partner was involved in football and Beau was in very bad shape. Isaac completely dominated Beau because he was in much better shape. That's it, nothing else.

Beau got in better shape and looked great at state. 3 months can change alot. Beau was clearly the better of the 2 wrestlers down state.

yea think the score was like 11-2 or something before he got pinned!!! lol

Mitch is a good wrestler.  Courtney is the best wrestler in Kentucky, probably since the 80's.  Ervin would lose.  He might get a takedown, maybe.  He would lose, and lose poorly.

You mean to tell me Mitch would only get a takerdown? lmao!! Mitch would destroy Courtney probably pin him if he wanted too.....

102-0 (Mater Die Champion,Brentwood Champion, Evansville Harrison Champion) enough SAID!!!!!

Courtney beat the same guys over and over WOW.....