1/28    Freshman

14 champs

9/14    Seniors

4/14    Juniors

1/14    Sophomore

0/14    Freshman

One potential 4 time champ

2 potential 3 time champs still around.

Clearly, this was a heavily senior dominated group. I am sure the underclassmen are glad to see this great group of kids graduate.

State Finals breakdown by grade

28 wrestlers

18/28  Seniors

5/28    Juniors

4/28    Sophomores

1/28    Freshman

14 champs

9/14    Seniors

4/14    Juniors

1/14    Sophomore

0/14    Freshman

One potential 4 time champ

I was looking at the records today and saw that Harrison Courtney also placed his 7th (8th) and 8th (3rd) grade years. Do you count the 8th place finish and if so has anyone placed 6 times before? Just wondering...

In my eyes Harrison Courtney should had won the whole thing his 8th grade year.  Im sure many people know the match I am talking about. 

In my eyes Harrison Courtney should had won the whole thing his 8th grade year.  Im sure many people know the match I am talking about. 

don't remember the match specifically, but i seen it.  whether he is a 3, 4, or 5 timer (if he had won his 8th grade year) he is hands down the best h.s. wrestler i've seen in kentucky.  he is incredible.

yes he was, and i specifically remember watching that match. the match shouldnt have even gone to overtime, im surprised courtney wasn't DQed because of stalling so much.

If everyone planned to stay in their current weight class for next year, I would say 125, 152, 171 & HWT according to the list of this year's state placers.  Of course people will not do that, so we will have to wait and see next year who goes to what weight class to see what weight class has the "new" faces and which one is impacted the most.