Sign in to follow this  
KyWrestler12

Most Exciting Match

Gotta be careful with that so they don't end up going to other schools and hurt yours instead of helping it.

How about Choate beating ashbrooke and Issacs.  Excitement is an understatement.  WOWe wow wow.  !52 lb state champ.  Thats awsome.  Region three just keeps producing state champs more and more every year.  Coaching has stepped it up big time.  The athletes were always there just interested in other sports.  Look out Ky.  Look for one of those underdogs every year to be nippin at those heels.  Wait until they get a fedder system going.  It will be like fern creeks everywhere. 

Gotta be careful with that so they don't end up going to other schools and hurt yours instead of helping it.

By all means, keep talking. lol. PRP is the place to go. :-D

I think what CoachK is trying to say, is that if region 3 isn't careful, the good wrestlers they are building or will build in their feeder programs will be recruited to GREENer pastures. Remember the FORK in the Fern

I think what CoachK is trying to say, is that if region 3 isn't careful, the good wrestlers they are building or will build in their feeder programs will be recruited to GREENer pastures. Remember the FORK in the Fern

I seen some very good matches, I was hoping for different outcomes on some, I seen a couple of matches that I wish I was at the room with my peanut butter and Pringles though, still hate that tap-out crap!  Sullivan match was the most shocking though

I liked the finals at 189, Jones and Houchens!

Jones looks like a beast, but Houchens kept coming at him.

During the match it appeared that Jones was getting winded while Houchens was still attacking.

It went into overtime and Jones regrouped and scored two to win, very good from both sides!

Congrats to both wrestlers!

If they hadn't of taken so much time cleaning up blood I think Houchens would have gotten him.  Jones was gased.  That break allowed him to regroup.  Conditioning is one of the biggest parts of wrestling.

My boy Ryan will be back at 189 next season and nobody will touch him. He looked amazing in the finals with Jones and was capable of beating him. Next season there will do no doubt who is number one.

If they hadn't of taken so much time cleaning up blood I think Houchens would have gotten him.  Jones was gased.  That break allowed him to regroup.  Conditioning is one of the biggest parts of wrestling.

Agree. Jones looked almost unbeatable at the beginning, but Houchens wore him down.

My boy Ryan will be back at 189 next season and nobody will touch him. He looked amazing in the finals with Jones and was capable of beating him. Next season there will do no doubt who is number one.

Houchens had a lot of heart. That was a great match, and I think you're right.

No matter how gased i was i still won my coach told me to keep moving. When i came down i had the gas to score to two. Ryan is a good wrestler but i had more to prove. But i wish him good luck and he should run through state and should be mow next year.

I seen some very good matches, I was hoping for different outcomes on some, I seen a couple of matches that I wish I was at the room with my peanut butter and Pringles though, still hate that tap-out crap!  Sullivan match was the most shocking though

yea the tap-out rule is really dumb. but i dont think the Sullivan match was too surprising, i mean he barely won it last year and after the close match that him and Spencer had at regionals i was pretty sure he would win going into that match.

i thought that the 140 and 145 finals were both exciting when Sanders got first take down on Courtney i didnt know what to think 

Without a doubt it was the third and fourth match between Whiting and Payne, if there had been one more minute left on the clock they would have started swinging. Why is slamming your opponent stalling?

yea the tap-out rule is really dumb. but i dont think the Sullivan match was too surprising, i mean he barely won it last year and after the close match that him and Spencer had at regionals i was pretty sure he would win going into that match.

i thought that the 140 and 145 finals were both exciting when Sanders got first take down on Courtney i didnt know what to think 

I didn't see that coming

I don't know about that.  If Hitchings continues to grow he may will be someone who challenges at 189.

Strength-wise Houchens always seems to be overmatched, but he more than makes ups for it with technique and heart.  He will be the one to beat at 189 next year, but I agree if Hitchings continues to grow and goes 189, he would probably give him a run for his money.  Ryan Kelly will also be in the hunt. 

Yeah, there was a post about that last year after he was injured at state.  Some people were saying he was going to be aged out & some were saying he wasn't.  Unless he turns 19 prior to August 1st, he will be eligible.

I wish the goofy score keepers could have gotten the overtime clock set quickly in the Houchens/Kelly match. Kelly looked alot more fatigued then Houchens at the end of regulation. I believe the outcome could have been different if not for the long break allowing Kelly to refuel.

I wish the goofy score keepers could have gotten the overtime clock set quickly in the Houchens/Kelly match. Kelly looked alot more fatigued then Houchens at the end of regulation. I believe the outcome could have been different if not for the long break allowing Kelly to refuel.

Have you ever seen Kelly when he wasnt tired and breathin heavy?

Most people don't know that Kelly had only been on the Mat 6 weeks before state.  His 1st day of practice was 12/26.  He suffered a torn MCL from football and was doubtful he would even get to wrestle this season.  He has spent a total of 6 months in rehab since the state last year.  3 months rehab for his elbow and another 3 on his knee.