Sign in to follow this  
KyWrestler12

Most Exciting Match

what match do you think was the most exciting?

Wow. I don't know that I could pick just one. I'd say one of the most exciting was Choate-Ashbrooke. Also, several matches went quadruple overtime. I actually don't remember right now who was in any of them except that Mikal McNealy from Eastern was in one.

The most exciting for me was the 135 final with Justin Davis and Matt Miller. Since I'm from Eastern I know I was prejudiced on that one cheering for Davis all the way. I'm sure it had my excitement level up.

If I had to choose one I was neutral on I'd say Mason Reid against Brad Hitchings. A couple of times I thought Reid was in trouble. But he kept working hard to get his win. Reid fools you not really looking that much like a wrestler, but on the mat he is all business!

I liked the finals at 189, Jones and Houchens!

Jones looks like a beast, but Houchens kept coming at him.

During the match it appeared that Jones was getting winded while Houchens was still attacking.

It went into overtime and Jones regrouped and scored two to win, very good from both sides!

Congrats to both wrestlers!

I liked the finals at 189, Jones and Houchens!

Jones looks like a beast, but Houchens kept coming at him.

During the match it appeared that Jones was getting winded while Houchens was still attacking.

It went into overtime and Jones regrouped and scored two to win, very good from both sides!

Congrats to both wrestlers!

I agree -- Jones-Houchens was an exciting match. I had expected Jones to win but began to believe Houchens could pull it out. Great effort by both.

you have got to be joking this was by far the most boring match of the finals.

but congrats to choate but it still was highly uneventful 

What are you talking about? Choate didn't wrestle Ashbrook in the finals.

Issacs right?

Yes. That wasn't a real exciting match, and I expected Choate to win it. But the Choate-Ashbrook match was thrilling, partially because of who was wrestling. Ashbrook was undefeated by any Kentucky wrestler.

I thought the HWT match between Whiting and Payne (the iroqouis kid) was the most entertaining with all the antics going on.

yea  the payne was a great match but he was robbed  he slam whiting 5 times and was hit for stalling

yea  the payne was a great match but he was robbed  he slam whiting 5 times and was hit for stalling

check the rule book before you make that claim, that IS stalling.

I didn't think it was very exciting, Davis dominated and Miller was just extremely gassed. Best match I thought was Houchens and Jones even though there were a ton of timeouts.

How about Nate Ilg of newport (160) beating jake lee of campbell county in overtime to place. He ended up placing 8th, jacob ilg (215) placed 7th, and John Hale (119) was one match away from placing.

How about Choate beating ashbrooke and Issacs.  Excitement is an understatement.  WOWe wow wow.  !52 lb state champ.  Thats awsome.  Region three just keeps producing state champs more and more every year.  Coaching has stepped it up big time.  The athletes were always there just interested in other sports.  Look out Ky.  Look for one of those underdogs every year to be nippin at those heels.  Wait until they get a fedder system going.  It will be like fern creeks everywhere.