Sign in to follow this  
southern135

2008 state(random talk)

man i saw that i was ready to see cody swing on him when he shook hands but he's a good kid so i was sure he wasn't going to

Yes -- it was ugly. I'm glad Cody came back at him by beating him instead of retaliating with a swing.

And speaking of random occurences, what was up with the Whiting-Bullock match? I was watching some other bouts and just knew there was some big controversy.

did any one see Cody Mann get punched in the face? wow

I just remembered another random thing. Joe Cattan arguing with another ref, who's name I don't know, about awarding Travis Sullivan an escape point. That was crazy. I mean, he started down, and he got out of it. How hard is that to figure out?

DC Evans had a freak out. He slammed his headgear, his coach came to talk to him and then he pushed his coach away and walked across the mat where Zeppa and Johnson were wrestling.

That was sooooooooooooooooooo classy.

I have enjoyed watching cheeriing & yellying at Ky torneys u may think I am a crazy  Mom but I enjoy watching all of u guys wrestle & made a lot of friends in my short time here in Ky as we came here from atlanta, I have turned my FROG over too Lenz's mom always FROG I am sad that my son is done but he accomplished more than I ever expected he took 5th today but in alot of other teams coaches eyes he was #1 with his attitude respect & his FROG God BLESS EVERYONE we will miss all of you ....

FROG>>>>>

I have enjoyed watching cheeriing & yellying at Ky torneys u may think I am a crazy  Mom but I enjoy watching all of u guys wrestle & made a lot of friends in my short time here in Ky as we came here from atlanta, I have turned my FROG over too Lenz's mom always FROG I am sad that my son is done but he accomplished more than I ever expected he took 5th today but in alot of other teams coaches eyes he was #1 with his attitude respect & his FROG God BLESS EVERYONE we will miss all of you ....

FROG>>>>>

i know you're just dying for someone to ask what "frog" is, so what is it?

the bullock-whiting match was insane. whiting threw bullock to his back and bullock rolled threw to whitings back. had him pinned deader then a door nail then what happened?????? what do u think? this crying off ur back bull*&$@ that we talked about earlier in the year. then whiting illegally slammed bullock and nothing was called. there u have another poorly officiated match. no pin, no illegal slam, bad referee.

I do think there were fewer instances of poor behavior this year than years past. I know of one wrestler whose coach took him out of the tournament because he acted up in a match -- refused to walk back to the center and shake his opponent's hand after losing. Only reason I know about it is because his next opponent was from my team, and the coach told the official he was forfeiting because he had withdrawn the wrestler from the tournament. Maybe other things like that happened, and I just didn't hear about it. I'm also not aware of anyone who didn't make weight the second and third days. Again, maybe I didn't know about it.

FROG>>>>>

I'm sure you can adopt some of the juniors, sophmores and freshman on the team. Thats allowed!

Throwing this out there. Catan is GARBAGE!

I hope he never finds out who you are! That is if you plan on wrestling next year. If he's as bad as you say he is you'll pay for that!

Throwing this out there. Catan is GARBAGE!

Yep, he has my vote for "Most Incompetent Official of the Year." Mr. Cattan, somersault on up here and claim your award.

DC Evans had a freak out. He slammed his headgear, his coach came to talk to him and then he pushed his coach away and walked across the mat where Zeppa and Johnson were wrestling.

he also kicked his opponent in the face when they went out of bounds on a shot

Yep, he has my vote for "Most Incompetent Official of the Year." Mr. Cattan, somersault on up here and claim your award.

Ford is just as bad if not worse than Cattan.

mat mama, you obviously have a personal problem and what are you smoking.  You should address matches he actually officiates with the whistle rather than the assistant ones if you can.  I watched the entire state tournament, did you.  The refs did a great job considering the task they take on.  Three days of hard work with a double in the middle. 

mat mama, you obviously have a personal problem and what are you smoking.  You should address matches he actually officiates with the whistle rather than the assistant ones if you can.  I watched the entire state tournament, did you.  The refs did a great job considering the task they take on.  Three days of hard work with a double in the middle. 

Sorry if I offended you, but I have a right to my opinion. Yes, I watched the entire tournament. I do think the refs have a tough job, but that doesn't mean we're supposed to give them a pass if they do it poorly. I think highly of Jimmy Shaw and Dave Barnett. Some of the other officials I think are OK. But I happen to think Cattan and Ford make some bad calls and are very inconsistent.

Sorry if I offended you, but I have a right to my opinion. Yes, I watched the entire tournament. I do think the refs have a tough job, but that doesn't mean we're supposed to give them a pass if they do it poorly. I think highly of Jimmy Shaw and Dave Barnett. Some of the other officials I think are OK. But I happen to think Cattan and Ford make some bad calls and are very inconsistent.

Also, Rocky did a VERY good job at this tourney. I didn't see any bad calls on his part. He was very consistent and didn't cost anyone matches. Good job.

Mat Mama, I think you should be an official.  You seem to have all the right calls. You seem to know 4 refs only.  Do you know the others and how many times each has been at state.  I have seen them all at tournaments all year and they are the best.  They are called back for a reason.  Lots of people want jobs but can not do them.  Maybe, they can add your name to the job list next year. 

Mat Mama, I think you should be an official.  You seem to have all the right calls. You seem to know 4 refs only.  Do you know the others and how many times each has been at state.  I have seen them all at tournaments all year and they are the best.  They are called back for a reason.  Lots of people want jobs but can not do them.  Maybe, they can add your name to the job list next year. 

No need to be sarcastic dude. People are just having a little fun here.

It's also because they are the ones who are able to afford to take off work for 2-3 days or can even get off work.  For what they get paid to do it it is hard/not possible for some refs to go. 

Mat Mama, I think you should be an official.  You seem to have all the right calls. You seem to know 4 refs only.  Do you know the others and how many times each has been at state.  I have seen them all at tournaments all year and they are the best.  They are called back for a reason.  Lots of people want jobs but can not do them.  Maybe, they can add your name to the job list next year. 

I'm not sure why you're fixated on my opinion, since many others have complained about the refs on this board. Last year after State, as a matter of fact, someone, not me, started a thread that went on for weeks about the bad calls. Numerous people weighed in with examples. Anyway as I said before, I have a right to my opinion, and you have a right to yours, too. I never said I could officiate. That doesn't mean I can't recognize a good job or a poor one. I can't paint, but I know a good painting when I see one. I can't sew a dress, but I can tell when one is well-made. I could go on, but what would be the point? You've just decided to berate me no matter what I say.