Sign in to follow this  
nkydad

Matt Neal from SK DQ'd from regional

I want it to be understood that I have no ill will towards Matt Neal.  It is the behavior that needs to be corrected.  I have been told by other individuals that he is a pleasant young man.  I wish him well and hopefully next year will be his finest.

Matt Neal is the wind beneath my wings.

There was that one ref there that was horrible.. i saw at least 4 pins that the ref didn't get down quick enough for..

bogus stalling calls, no stalling calls.

petersons not be accounted for. takedowns not being counted for..

all from one ref

There was that one ref there that was horrible.. i saw at least 4 pins that the ref didn't get down quick enough for..

all from one ref

I does no good to complain about the refs. If the coaches think a ref does an overall decent job he will continue being used. I heard there is one ref that was at state last year that isn't invited this year. IF that's true then there is some accountability that makes refs try to do a good job. I think they have a tough job since they have to be alert all day with only short breaks.

If wrestlers watch enough matches they will know what refs make certain calls and adjust their style to compensate.

all from one ref

And this has what to do with Matt Neal's conduct? 

it was also his ref lol

i didn't wrestle, i just don't like seeing a poor job being done by the refs especially at region.

i haven't seen any of the refs before.

I understand it is hard, but some seem to not try very hard. just an observation

That official wouldn't happen to be a very large African-American gentleman by chance would it?

I thought this thread was about Matt Neal!

The thread for bad refs isn't supposed to be for another week.

Every year right after state the complaining about refs thread is started, usually by 1:30PM.

I does no good to complain about the refs. If the coaches think a ref does an overall decent job he will continue being used. I heard there is one ref that was at state last year that isn't invited this year. IF that's true then there is some accountability that makes refs try to do a good job. I think they have a tough job since they have to be alert all day with only short breaks.

If wrestlers watch enough matches they will know what refs make certain calls and adjust their style to compensate.

It is, but since this thread like almost every other thread on this website strays off course, I just thought I would ask.  You are free to go back to discussing Matt Neal.

All the criticism about refs doing a bad job is bogus. I used to blast referrees while I was wrestling, but then I started reffing this year. If you think the reffing is bad, then do something about it. I'm sick of all these people who criticize refs but when they are done with wrestling, they don't go back and ref, they just keep criticizing. If you want reffing to improve in the state, become a ref and be a good one. In time, your reputation will spread as being a good ref, and you will be assigned more often and to the more prestigious tournaments. I received good reviews this year from almost all coaches, and it paid off for me. I came in late, so I didn't get a lot scheduled, but a little bit into it, coaches started talking me up and I was called to do a lot more tournaments.

Thanks, it felt really good to have the big boys on top again. Hopefully all of them can place Sat. I wish Greg could have at least gotten fourth, but three champs, I'll take that!