Guest wildcats143

UNION COUNTY (over rated?)

The primary point is that yes Union is a great team (even though i 've heard they got beat by Trinity in state duals) but to evolve into a great program it takes time.  I wish them the best this state needs other great programs.   My question is how long can they maintain their present level of excellence and how will they compete with Joe Carr's' boys when they reload. (which unfortunately for Harrison Courtney is at least 3 years away

RELOAD?

112-Isaac Thomas-11th

119-Arron Carr-11th

130-Caleb Ervin-9th

135-Luke Ervin-11th

140-Matt Young-10th

145-Isaac Ervin-11th

215-Levi Griggs-11th

JV-189-Tim McKenney-9th(looked good this weekend at the duals)

plus a very good looking middle school team, so we're not reloading we're maintaining. lol

RELOAD?

112-Isaac Thomas-11th

119-Arron Carr-11th

130-Caleb Ervin-9th

135-Luke Ervin-11th

140-Matt Young-10th

145-Isaac Ervin-11th

215-Levi Griggs-11th

JV-189-Tim McKenney-9th(looked good this weekend at the duals)

plus a very good looking middle school team, so we're not reloading we're maintaining. lol

i believe he was talkin about when woodford reloads, but i do agree that union will stay tough for a while

I would love to see both of them back at top notch. That just makes Kentucky look better. I hope that we grow more and more over the next few years so that we have State competition between several schools and not just the elite ones with feeder programs. Kentucky needs to really grow in wrestling to catch up with some of the surrounding states.

[shadow=red,left]Union has the respect for trinity too... love the matchups... and the reason Joe Carr didn't win 5 state titles is because of a union county wrestler named Greg Woodring. Carr would be the lone 5 time champ if it wasn't for the heart of a great man determined to win. [/shadow]

Please  don't get your speedoes in a bunch I am really not trying to diminish Unions accolades.  All that was meant was Union has a good team.  We will only be able to tell if it is a great program in the future.  I wasn't speaking of individual accomplishments.  Sure Joe Joe might have lost to the Union Guy, and the Union kid was most likely very good.  Unfortunately for Union, Joe's team won out over Union not just that year but every year he was there.  A programs success is determined by how instrumental it is in developing everyone involved through out its existence.  Sure Union won 4 state titles in 32 years (YEAAAAHHH!!!! I'm happy 4 them) but this recent championship (I believe) is under a different administration (coach, A.D, Ass Coaches etc)  Sorta like the Cleveland Browns are still the Browns but Not really the Browns.  The only fair way to judge Romeos new Browns is to give em 10-20 years then look back over its history.  Only time will tell if this is a good program or a great one.  How many collegiate, Olympic wrestlers come out of the program, how many middle, high and collegiate coaches, how many legacy's wrestlers, how many A.D's etc....Its just not about the individual state tournament...Its about the duration of elevation.  Which is my science of of success.

ok unions 4 titles came by luck. i guess theyll never be "trinity" but its obvious woodford has dominated wrestling in ky since its existence. how many years has trinity had a team, and they should win state every year with how many guys they have in their high school to choose from. its hard for a small school like union to keep numbers up. I think the legacy wasnt made by Coach Walls but continued by Coach Walls...

ok unions 4 titles came by luck. i guess theyll never be "trinity" but its obvious woodford has dominated wrestling in ky since its existence. how many years has trinity had a team, and they should win state every year with how many guys they have in their high school to choose from. its hard for a small school like union to keep numbers up. I think the legacy wasnt made by Coach Walls but continued by Coach Walls...

I'd think it would be better to be on a team from a small school. Those teams are so tight nit and all they have to do is wrestle I mean theres nothing else to do in places like LaRue County, Union County, or over in Eastern KY like Wayne County. But what I'll say for who will win state is which team will stay focused, healthy, and simply win. Teams like Campbell County, Ryle, and Wayne County and just chomping at the bit listening to all this talk about Trinity and Union County (the two teams everyone expects to be fighting for it) but don't be suprised if those three teams aren't right behind Union and Trinity's heels.

IMO Trinity got pretty lucky from Coach Hitchings' move from the Fern Creek Club to start a middle school program at Trinity. Just think, if Hitchings had moved to Trinity just one year later, most of Trinitys lineup would be at Fern Creek right now. Trinity will be dominant for a few years but once Hitchings, Ohlmann, Bradbury, Lewis, Harbolt, McCauley etc. graduate, who's left? Of course Brent Hitchings, but other than that? To me it looks like Yoda is describing what looks like is gonna happen at Trinity.

[shadow=red,left]   Only time will tell if this is a good program or a great one.  How many collegiate, Olympic wrestlers come out of the program, how many middle, high and collegiate coaches, how many legacy's wrestlers, how many A.D's etc....Its just not about the individual state tournament...Its about the duration of elevation.  Which is my science of of success.

So how many has Trinity produced?

Do your homework.

Examples for you to look up: Tim Ervin,Jason Walls,Danny Lovell here's a few. lol