Guest wildcats143

UNION COUNTY (over rated?)

look at last year's results, and look at who they have returning.  factor in that their team is well coached, and they have worked very hard in the off season.  they are definitely deserving of a #1 ranking.  having said that, they are beatable and teams like Trinity, Ryle, Wayne, & Campbell are not going to hand them anything.

I think that woodford is down, larue is rebuilding, and a small school like union is dominating. I dont think their overrated, they work hard to be where they're at. Possibly the best coaching staff (as a whole) in the state, I think at Mater Dei I saw 9 people with Coaches shirts.

I will say Union is deserving of #1 also. The are doing really well and only getting better. I don't think that anybody except for Wayne Co. can stop them they have came the closest.

On the other hand I have said it time and time again in between there awesome coaching and the fact that they are constantly wrestling out of state and getting better might have something to do with it.

I will thought tell you who is over rated, not Union Co. but Ryle.

is union county the amazing team everyone says they are?

you're kidding , right? they are better in most weight classes than last year.as the saying goes,"to be the man,you have to beat the man.

By Kentucky wrestling high school standards they are.  Don't get me wrong, they are very deserving of their success and it will be hard for anyone to deny them their 2nd straight state title.  They are very talented.  They do very well against out-of-state competition so I think that helps to solidify them as a very legitimate team.  As for my earlier comment, let's say if Union were to compete against the best teams in Indiana like Mater Dei, Lawrence North, Pike, Mishawaka, Griffith, etc. I don't think they would win, but they wouldn't exactly embarrass themselves either.  They would hold their own & that would be hard for a lot of Kentucky teams to say.  However, in Kentucky which is all that matters for the state tournament, they are the best team this year, they should win the state duals & are definitely the favorites to repeat the 3rd weekend in February.

is union county the amazing team everyone says they are?

I think they are overrated.  They better hope they don't end up in the same pool as Meade Co. next weekend, or it's curtains. :-D

no, its just i think the overall talent in ky is down this year compared to past years

From what i have seen in the last few seasons...i have noticed this year there are way more thems actually in the running for a state title...making it a good state competition..

I think they are overrated.  They better hope they don't end up in the same pool as Meade Co. next weekend, or it's curtains. :-D

that's the funniest thing I've seen on here in a while!!1 :roll:

That was harsh. :)

That has to be a joke. If it is not, then I hope that they are in the same pool as Meade Co.. By the way, what weight are you?

Union is amazing. They are on a whole other level than any team in Kentucky. The only teams with a shot at beating them would be Ryle and Campbell County. Union is GOOD everywhere. Their only soft spot if heavyweight.

Union County has a GREAT team.  I saw them at John Hardin.  They beat Larue (score ?), and John Hardin (score ?).  And there is no way that Meade county can win againest Union County.  They will be lucky to even win a match.  I'm not trying to knock Meade, Union is just the best team in the state right now.  There are alot of schools that will give them a run.  We will find out if anyone can beat them this coming weekend.

I believe if you go back and read the Meade wrestlers comment it actually says he thinks the Union heavy weight is a little down but thinks the team as a whole is in his actual words    " great ".

Union has 3 picked to win and like 6 picked to place and the rest are ranked not sure if thats really true i know the 3 winners are though so dont look it up but yeah, but yeah i see them winning by at the least 60 or 70 points probably more :|

Henderson, Union teams advance to state duals

Gleaner staff

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PRINCETON, Ky. -- Union County won Saturday's regional duals at Caldwell County, while Henderson County finished second as both teams will advance to the state duals this weekend in Lexington.

Union County fielded two teams in the competition and both were unbeaten. The varsity (White) team posted wins over Calloway County JV 84-0, Fort Campbell 80-0, Daviess County 65-18, Calloway County varsity 78-6 and Henderson County 72-12. The junior varsity (Blue) beat University Heights 74-3, Ohio County 60-16, Henderson County 36-33, Calloway County JV 84-0 and Apollo 84-0.

Going 5-0 for the Braves' varsity were Jarvis Elam (103 pounds), Isaac Thomas (112), Aaron Carr (119), Jake Wempe (125), Caleb Ervin (130), Luke Ervin (135), Matt Young (140), Isaac Ervin (145), Mitch Ervin (160), Jarrod Burke (171) and Tim McKenney (189). For the JV team, Neal Reburn (103), Cody Quinn (112), Keaton Thomas (119), Duncan Taylor (125) and Jimmy Jones (189). Hunter Ratley was 4-0 at 152 pounds.

Henderson County beat Calloway County 39-36 to earn the region's other spot in the state duals, which will be Saturday at Lexington Henry Clay.