Navybro

Tattoos

Who has the coolest tattoos  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the coolest tattoos

• Coolest tattoos
    • most original

When I posted this thread I didn't want to start some kind of rediculous debate about tattoos. I am reading these posts and I am laughing my butt off! Parents aren't parents if they let their kids get a tattoo? WHAT!!! You are crazy! A sign of weakness? Haha! All I asked was who has the coolest tattoo. JESUS!

When I posted this thread I didn't want to start some kind of rediculous debate about tattoos. I am reading these posts and I am laughing my butt off! Parents aren't parents if they let their kids get a tattoo? WHAT!!! You are crazy! A sign of weakness? Haha! All I asked was who has the coolest tattoo. JESUS!

Jesus!!

Well, you obviously raised a controversial subject! But I am another parent who would never consent to my child getting a tatoo. My hope was by the time they were 18 they would have better sense. My oldest did go get a very tiny one that's only visible when his shirt is off. But even he thinks kids with big ones will be sorry one day.

some people are rediculous on here. signs of weakness? bad home life? i believe this would be stereo-typing every person with a tat. every person gets one for different reasons, even if it is just because they wanted to get one. i've seen many tattoos that i would never get, and i dont agree with such as curse words, girlfriends names, derogatory statements, and really generic ones but who am i to tell someone what to do with their body? same as the state. im proud to have one. and for all of the people that believe in the 18 yr old law i was only 17 and my parents did have to sign for it. think less of me now.  :-P at the end of the day it will still be there and when i get on the mat you will see it. disagree or agree people will do what they want regardless of what people talk about on forums.

i've got a tattoo of my last name across my back to me it always lets me know who i am and where i came from, or when i get old and can't remember how to spell it i just have to find a mirror, i believe that they are OK as long as it something that means something to you, but everybody has there own opinion

yea im getting one on my upper back too and yes im getting my parents to sign for it and just because they are signing for it doesnt mean they are bad parents. it means they trust me enough to let me think for myself and if they were bad parents then i wouldnt really be on kentucky wrestling right now, i would be in jail somewhere or on the streets doing stuff i shouldnt, which im not because of the fact that my parents taught me better then that. so you can judge me how you will.... :-D

This topic challenges me to try and explain why,at 45yrs old, I have difficulty relating to the things teenagers are attracted too today.We were known for what we were good at,he is a football player,or he is a honor student,and all the other things one could be good at.I think it is alot easier to get attention for what you look like than it is to be known for who you have become

I pray every day the children I see once a week at the UK Children's Hospital could (but not necessarily would) spend the time worrying/talking about things like tattoos.

Sorry I posted by accident.Being known by your accomplishments,achieved through hard work was our way stating who we were.The people who chose to be known for what they looked like were mostly people who were too lazy to do the work.So that being said I have no appreciation for tatts.My wife says with all these diverse looks people try to achieve in their quest to be thenselves they have all become alike.

some people are ridiculous on here. signs of weakness? bad home life? i believe this would be stereo-typing every person with a tat. every person gets one for different reasons, even if it is just because they wanted to get one. i've seen many tattoos that i would never get, and i dont agree with such as curse words, girlfriends names, derogatory statements, and really generic ones but who am i to tell someone what to do with their body? same as the state. im proud to have one. and for all of the people that believe in the 18 yr old law i was only 17 and my parents did have to sign for it. think less of me now.  :-P at the end of the day it will still be there and when i get on the mat you will see it. disagree or agree people will do what they want regardless of what people talk about on forums.

I was not one who said it was a sign of weakness, nor bad home life. 

We were all young and pretentious at one time in our lives.  I in my youth did many things that I regret at my advanced age.  Fortunately very few of those actions have left permenant marks on my external body for others to see.  (A few scars here and there).  A few of my actions have left internal scars however. 

As an ancient adult I just try to pass on some of my life experiences to help the younger generation. So that they will  not make the same mistakes I/we did.  I have seen many of my friends not get high positions in companies because of the tattoo across their forehead, or the "OZZY" across their knuckles.

Some of these friends went through the Laser surgeries to have them removed.  This was a cost they had to pay as an adult for actions they made as a child.  I am not implying that parents today are bad parents, what I have observed is that parents today give into their children much more than they did when I was a child. This is a different topic that has to do with the court system and the interpretation of laws.

What our point is to the youth on here is that all actions you make now will be with you for the rest of your life.  We were all young and indestructible at one time.  We believed that nothing we did would affect us when we got older.  Unfortunately we found out later that this belief was wrong.  A tattoo is one of these actions that can greatly affect your adult life. 

I am really not that far advanced in my old age that I cannot remember my youth and the feeling of power and being untouchable, with the whole world as my playground.  :lol: