Navybro

Tattoos

Who has the coolest tattoos  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the coolest tattoos

• Coolest tattoos
    • most original

I keep hearing its a form of self expression.  What exactly are you expressing. 

No sarcasm here, it's an honest question.  I don't get the "SELF EXPRESSION" statement.

To me its a phrase used by someone who just wants to do something that they have no real reason for doing. IE:  Tattoos, earrings, piercing, saggy pants, tight pants, tongue splitting etc. etc.

I would say it is more a way of expressing something about yourself that you don't really have.  It becomes necessary to get this artificial marking on your body to tell everyone who you really are.  And without that snake or skull or barney you would still be that boring wimp.  But the tatoo suddenly makes you cool or a tough guy.

I've always wanted one but couldn't bring myself to do it for religious reasons.  It is specifically addressed in the bible and is considered a sin.  Knowing that it makes it hard to get it done.  I feel like I'm automatically condemning myself.  I was branded when I was young.  I think that falls in the same realm but I didn't know about it being addressed in the bible at that time.  Can I claim stupidity when I stand before the pearly gates?  I'm not preaching here.  Just sayin why I never got one.

Frogman, you're the man! You may be joking around, but I agree with everything you said. And, as for being old-fashioned, I know kids who have sense enough to say, "Yeah, I don't know how that big eagle or snake or whatever is going to look when it's hanging off a flabby arm or belly."

Only kidding on who signed it! Thanks! MatMama! nice to know that there are responsable parents that read this stuff!

I've always wanted one but couldn't bring myself to do it for religious reasons.  It is specifically addressed in the bible and is considered a sin.  Knowing that it makes it hard to get it done.  I feel like I'm automatically condemning myself.  I was branded when I was young.  I think that falls in the same realm but I didn't know about it being addressed in the bible at that time.  Can I claim stupidity when I stand before the pearly gates?  I'm not preaching here.  Just sayin why I never got one.

U are excactley wright! just because u want to express your self does not mean it's wright. SheHateMe speak your mind dont feel pressured by the liberal meadia here, let it rip.

U are excactley wright! just because u want to express your self does not mean it's wright. SheHateMe speak your mind dont feel pressured by the liberal meadia here, let it rip.

Do you feel this way about every sin you commit? Seriously? Just a Question!!!

It looks like two guys humping eachother.

Wow, that kind of concerns me if you look at his tattoo & that image instantly pops in your head.  I hope you're not offended that you are not one of those 2 guys. :-D  Seriously though, I personally don't believe in them or really like them, but if someone is willing to live with the potential consequences later in life so be it.  My son will not have one before he turns 18, but after that, he is an adult and can make his own choices.

Do you feel this way about every sin you commit? Seriously? Just a Question!!!

I just never could do it for that reason.  Not preachin just sayin.

As far as my other sins.  No, but thats for me and St. Peter to wrestle about one day.

I never told her in high school I always tried to date the chicks with tattoos. Usually made for an adventurous date.

I think all chicks should have tatoos for those "adventrous dates"....lol. Its hott. Unless they are fat and ugly.

i have a tatoo, i dont believe that it is wrong to have one. but i can definantly respect those who are reliligously convicted not to get them.

Tattoos are a sign of weakness. They are kids that have fear in there hearts, that are trying to scare their opponents. They receive very little or no attention from the people that should be giving them attention their parents .It also shows that parents are not the parents. they just go along with anything the kids want because they feel guilty for something that has happened some where along the way .When their are no boundaries set by parents, kids well push until they get their way. Eventually, a break down of communication comes about and the parents wonder what has happened. I feel that the KHSAA should have rules related to this issue. When my son or daughter moves out of the house and decides to move to California to join the Hells Angels, I will buy them a tricycle  until then they will have to ride in my 1968 Station Wagon. Signed the former Mothers of Hells Angels

now this  isnt completely true you cant judge someone on a tattoo. you make it seem like and kid with a tattoo has a bad home life. this just isnt true. yes i agree they should wait until they are 18.(i had to do it and it was not that bad to wait to know exactly what you want) but to say a tattoo is a reflection on a kids life is crazy

I keep hearing its a form of self expression.  What exactly are you expressing. 

No sarcasm here, it's an honest question.  I don't get the "SELF EXPRESSION" statement.

To me its a phrase used by someone who just wants to do something that they have no real reason for doing. IE:  Tattoos, earrings, piercing, saggy pants, tight pants, tongue splitting etc. etc.

OK maybe I'm just close minded, or short sighted, to old, or just plain dumb.  But I don't think my question was answered.  I still don't really know what is being expressed by a tattoo and the other forms I stated.

This old fart is just trying to understand the meaning.  It all seems to have originated from prison Tat's and Dennis Rodman.

i've got a tattoo of my last name across my back to me it always lets me know who i am and where i came from, or when i get old and can't remember how to spell it i just have to find a mirror, i believe that they are OK as long as it something that means something to you, but everybody has there own opinion

I don't really care for tattoos myself and won't let my sons have them until their 18. My oldest son did get one practically the day he turned 18. I didn't see it until I was at his wrestling tournament and lots of people were around. When I thought about it, I still didn't like it but there are a lot of worse decisions a young person can make like using drugs, stealing and hurting people. So if he wants a tattoo and he's otherwise a good young man I'm happy!

I'm not bashing god, I'm bashing short sighted people who use god to bash others.

If you feel convicted go to a alter otherwise lay off god and three. He only voiced his opinion, you don't like it oh well we all don't agree on everything everyone says around here, now do we.

Hold on now.  I wasn't throwing god or bashing anything.  I was stating that I couldn't get past it but I always wanted one.  I am in no way trying to put my views on others.  I read it and couldn't bring myself to get one, it just really stuck in my mind.  It was more an analogy of how little things like that will stick in your head.  I think my previous posts stated that.  I didn't think by mentioning the bible I was hitting anyone over the head with it.

I saw a wrestler from Ohio Co. yesterday, maybe 140, that looked like he had a flaming pair of undies on his chest. He had several, but that one really stuck out to me.

I saw a wrestler from Ohio Co. yesterday, maybe 140, that looked like he had a flaming pair of undies on his chest. He had several, but that one really stuck out to me.

There is something very wrong with that! LOL