Sign in to follow this  

big east

103- Bradbury (T) pin Rupp (East)

112- Smith (T) Dec Leavell (Christian)

119- Wiexler (FC) moves up to a week weight and M.Dec Gillespie (T)

125- Thomas (Christian) M.Dec Michael (Moore)

130- Olhman (T) Dec Morlett (Oldham)

135- Davis (East) Dec Barton (T)

140- Thomas (Cen) Dec Watkins (T)

145- Barger (FC) pin Clark (East)

152- Mann (FC) Dec McNeely (East)

160- Schneider (Moore) Pin Whatley (T)

171- Hitchings (T) M. Dec Dunn (Moore)

189- Hardin (FC) Dec Tenneyson (Cent)

215- Chiba (Old) Dec Wesley (Cent)

285- Whiting (T) Dec Farley (Moore)

i would think that weixler would want some pay back with smith. I still think smith is a better wrestler but I think that weixler oculd have wrestled a lot better than he did at Jefferson county.

i would think that weixler would want some pay back with smith. I still think smith is a better wrestler but I think that weixler oculd have wrestled a lot better than he did at Jefferson county.

I think  :mrgreen: will de-bow Smith when they meet again.

I thought this tournament was run very well this year and it moved very quickly.  Congrats to Eastern for executing it so well!

My favorite moment was Cataan tripping backwards over Dan Smith...  :-D

I thought this tournament was run very well this year and it moved very quickly.  Congrats to Eastern for executing it so well!

My favorite moment was Cataan tripping backwards over Dan Smith...  :-D

Agree on all counts.  I hope someone can put that on youtube.  It was hilarious and couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Guest wrestler92

I thought it was a very weak tournament and very sporadic from year to year, but Cattan falling is a good day anytime.

i see no Joaquin Luna?? was he there and what did he look like if he was there?

He was there.  wrestled for 3rd and 4th.  I don't know if he won though

who beat him?? and when he lost did he have a melt down?

Lost to the guy who got first from Christian County.  Didn't have a meltdown.  It went to overtime.  He looked out of shape but lasted until OT so how out of shape could he be.  Not bad for the first time out.

Lost to the guy who got first from Christian County.  Didn't have a meltdown.  It went to overtime.  He looked out of shape but lasted until OT so how out of shape could he be.  Not bad for the first time out.

Dustin Thomas Chr Co beat him in OT in the second round, putting Luna in the 5th and 6th place bracket.

Luna took 5th only losing to Thomas in OT

did i misunderstand you? how can you lose only one match and end up w/5th. You cant even do that at state!

well that JCTC i beat the guys that toke 2nd and 3rd but i didnt this time lost to 3rd my 2 then trinity put me out by one point but o well.

And as for Big East i dont know of any other guys that are going to be there so.

yes but if you look theres not going to be not ranked kids there but someone at the every bottum

Grammar class anyone? My God...

Ok. Sorry for obliterating this thread by pointing out others grammar, or lack thereof, and this shall be my last post on this thread. (Until someone replys w/info regarding my next question)

What happened with the Morlatt nonsense? How did he do?

Morlatt did not wrestle. Luna took 5th because anyone who lost in the 1st round the best they could do was to wrestle back for 7th. If you lost in the 2nd round the best they could do was wrestle back for 5th, hence the best Luna could do was 5th after his loss to Thomas.

On another note my only problem was the seeding. At 285 Croney was seeded 6th even though he had pinned the 2nd seed. That worked out in the end. At 152 Cory Armstrong was seeded 5th even though he was the only returning state placer in his weight class. This didn't work out as Mann defeated him in the semi's. My question: why bother to give seeding criteria if you are not going to follow the criteria?

Morlatt did not wrestle. Luna took 5th because anyone who lost in the 1st round the best they could do was to wrestle back for 7th. If you lost in the 2nd round the best they could do was wrestle back for 5th, hence the best Luna could do was 5th after his loss to Thomas.

On another note my only problem was the seeding. At 285 Croney was seeded 6th even though he had pinned the 2nd seed. That worked out in the end. At 152 Cory Armstrong was seeded 5th even though he was the only returning state placer in his weight class. This didn't work out as Mann defeated him in the semi's. My question: why bother to give seeding criteria if you are not going to follow the criteria?

Anybody know why morlatt didnt wrestle?

the seedings are always a mess but i really think that it doesnt matter except in the case of a tournament like this where all you can do is wrestle back for x place. Otherwise the best wrestler will win the tournament.

Guest wrestler92

That's the reason this tournament is bull.  If you have 12 teams there is no way it should be set up to lose first match and only get 7th places.  There were some weight classes where someone lost the first match and they were done for the day because there weren't any other first round matches and so there was noone to wrestle for 7-8th.  This is one reason it went quick because there was noone who had more than 4 matches and most only had 2-3 i would say.

Anybody know why morlatt didnt wrestle?

the seedings are always a mess but i really think that it doesnt matter except in the case of a tournament like this where all you can do is wrestle back for x place. Otherwise the best wrestler will win the tournament.

That's the reason this tournament is bull.  If you have 12 teams there is no way it should be set up to lose first match and only get 7th places.  There were some weight classes where someone lost the first match and they were done for the day because there weren't any other first round matches and so there was noone to wrestle for 7-8th.  This is one reason it went quick because there was noone who had more than 4 matches and most only had 2-3 i would say.

Every year it just gets worse and worse.  it used to be a really good tournament.