Sign in to follow this  
Bernard

Another possibe 4 time state champ in Kentucky

Harrison Courtney as you all know is going for his third title as state champ. It suprises me that is a little over 6 foot tall and only wrestles 145. I had just seen him recently upclose and though he looks like a big 145 just because of how tall he is I would of never guessed he might be the 5th person in Kentucky history to be a 4 time state champion. I just want to know what all you think about him whether you had wrestled him or just how decieving he is by how he looks!

Harrison Courtney as you all know is going for his third title as state champ. It suprises me that is a little over 6 foot tall and only wrestles 145. I had just seen him recently upclose and though he looks like a big 145 just because of how tall he is I would of never guessed he might be the 5th person in Kentucky history to be a 4 time state champion. I just want to know what all you think about him whether you had wrestled him or just how deserving he is by how he looks!

He's a great kid :wink:

Great support net work and an outstanding wrestler :-D

What, are you expecting someone to post something negative :? :-o

I wasnt looking for a negative remark its just a 4x state champion should be able to wrestle for a good college and most good college wrestlers are shorter and stockier what do you think about it?

Tall skinny people are better than short jacked people I think in general

Are you calling him skinny? :lol: Harrison is huge. His deltoids are like volly balls. The kid is huge and somehow he is around 6' tall. Crazy.

He's not that huge for 145, just noone in kentucky cuts much weight, most kentucky kids would be atleast 1-2 weightclasses lower if they would hope to wrestle in ohio or california. If he's so huge then why would he be deceiving looking like you said bernard.

Are you calling him skinny? :lol: Harrison is huge. His deltoids are like volly balls. The kid is huge and somehow he is around 6' tall. Crazy.

I wouldn't say he's huge. If he really wanted to lift he would be dangerous. He has a ton of natural ability along with great coaches and a great family. I've know his dad for years and Harrison couldn't be a better kid. I hope he's able to win this year and next. I'm not sure (about the record) but I think he has a shot to end his high school career with a very impressive win total.

I wouldn't say he's huge. If he really wanted to lift he would be dangerous. He has a ton of natural ability along with great coaches and a great family. I've know his dad for years and Harrison couldn't be a better kid. I hope he's able to win this year and next. I'm not sure (about the record) but I think he has a shot to end his high school career with a very impressive win total.

Im not sure of how many wins he has, but i think him missing matches at the first of this year may have put the record out of reach.  Anyone know where he stands currently on wins, and how many he needs?

I think if anything about Harrison is deceiving, it is not his size, but his speed & quickness.  He is bigger in his upper body, but has long skinny leg, which is partly why he is so affective at riding legs.  However, he is way quicker and faster than people might expect.

He's not that huge for 145, just noone in kentucky cuts much weight, most kentucky kids would be atleast 1-2 weightclasses lower if they would hope to wrestle in ohio or california. If he's so huge then why would he be deceiving looking like you said bernard.

While this may be true of other kids I would put Harrison up against anyone in the country at 145.

While this may be true of other kids I would put Harrison up against anyone in the country at 145.

Harrison is really good.  In the most recent national rankings for Juniors, he is 18th in the nation.  However, in the all class rankings, he didn't make the top 30 so it might be overstating a bit to put him up against anyone in the country. 

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/allmajorpages/bestwrestlers.html

I seriously doubt if Harrison will make the all class rankings until he proves himself against the best.  He may slip in with a 4th title but it will be at the bottom.  He needs to place in Fargo or High school nationals. 

He is a very good wrestler and I wouldnt be suprised if he took state this year and next. I'm not sure on his record either but his number of wins at the end of his carrer is going to be outstanding.

If anyone knows his record please post it!

He is a very good wrestler and I wouldnt be suprised if he took state this year and next. I'm not sure on his record either but his number of wins at the end of his carrer is going to be outstanding.

If anyone knows his record please post it!

He went over 200 this past weekend at state duals. I think he finished with 203 or 204, not sure.

Harrison is really good.  In the most recent national rankings for Juniors, he is 18th in the nation.  However, in the all class rankings, he didn't make the top 30 so it might be overstating a bit to put him up against anyone in the country. 

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/allmajorpages/bestwrestlers.html

sullivan is ranked 9th in his class

Harrison ans Travis are both very talented wrestler and would probally both be ranked in the all class rankings if they wrestled a schedule that contained more tournaments with national visibility.