Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingforyears

UNDEFEATED

He first started wrestling when he was a young boy with coach Joe Burroughs head coach of NO OX wrestling club.

Not true. He spent little time with Joe B. He has been coached by Coach Smith and Coach Riley since his 8th grade year. In fact we all were coached and trained by Coach Smith and Riley up until we graduated last Year. I give credit where credit is due.

how is that true when mark jones started wrestling when he was in the 5th grade. oh hang on... same situation as josh johnson. yes coach smith and riley was his high school coach but who do you think taught him the collar tie, the shot, the basics. Joe B.

how is that true when mark jones started wrestling when he was in the 5th grade. oh hang on... same situation as josh johnson. yes coach smith and riley was his high school coach but who do you think taught him the collar tie, the shot, the basics. Joe B.

Please, I've known Mark forever. I know when he really learned to wrestle good. You guys at John think that Joe B is the only coach in town. I got news, he is not!! Keep drinking the kool-aid they are serving you.

what ever if the kool aid is making john the champions we are coming up to be then we better get are middlers drinking it to. :-)

All teams have rebuilding years. enjoy your success, because North Hardin will not spend much time rebuilding. North Hardin Alumni (thats me!!!) will not let that happen. North Hardin has many alumni and many years of tradition.

He first started wrestling when he was a young boy with coach Joe Burroughs head coach of NO OX wrestling club.

For everybody yes i did start off with no ox 6,7 and part of 8 i did have the program that we have now. so i started no ox but after that i learned everything i know now for my coaches and form camps. Don't get me wrong Joe did teach me and i thank him for that. But after that coach Riley and smith took me from there on.

i cant help but get the sense people are actually slamming joe b in some way. this guy is a pioneer of wrestling in ky. thats right pioneer. we are only in the infancy of wrestling .so anyone trying to be an advocate for wrestling in our state at this point in time of wrestling in ky, is a pioneer. our ky wrestlers that could actually compete at a national level are so few ,(but growing),that we need as many people like joe b involved in this sport as we can get. i see him two hours away from his home every sunday in the cincinnati youth wrestling association tourneys. i know of his camps that he organizes and drives his kids to during the season and the summer. and while you can give no one person credit for the advancement of another human being in anything, you can hand pick a certain few that lead our kids in the right direction. joe b is one of those few.

i cant help but get the sense people are actually slamming joe b in some way. this guy is a pioneer of wrestling in ky. thats right pioneer. we are only in the infancy of wrestling .so anyone trying to be an advocate for wrestling in our state at this point in time of wrestling in ky, is a pioneer. our ky wrestlers that could actually compete at a national level are so few ,(but growing),that we need as many people like joe b involved in this sport as we can get. i see him two hours away from his home every sunday in the cincinnati youth wrestling association tourneys. i know of his camps that he organizes and drives his kids to during the season and the summer. and while you can give no one person credit for the advancement of another human being in anything, you can hand pick a certain few that lead our kids in the right direction. joe b is one of those few.

Joe B should be given applause. The problem is that there are local, never go anywhere people that give praise to one, the only one they know, and disrespect the others in the community that are working just as hard.

Just to lighten the topic, I thought some wrestlers/students may find this interesting. No ox, means, no oxygen.  Why would a coach call their wrestling club No Ox??? The body has 2 exercise modes for burning fuel at the cellular or muscle tissue level, aerobic and anaerobic. Aerobic means oxygen is being delivered to the cells and anaerobic means the muscles are functioning without oxygen. In the anaerobic state, the muscles are working faster and harder than the oxygen can be delivered to them.  Notice this is muscle functioning without oxygen, if this happens to the brain, we die or at least pass out. Many people believe Billy Fuller and Grappler of Old function without oxygen to their brain, but that is not the case.

The muscle cells are actually capable of producing more energy faster and more efficiently when functioning in an anaerobic state. The muscles can only function in an anaerobic, or without oxygen state, for a limited amount of time.  The longer and harder a person trains, the longer they can remain in the anaerobic state. No pain, no gain, get it? The burning you feel with intense exercise during the No Ox, or anaerobic state, is the build up of lactic acid. Lactic acid is produced during oxygen deprivation. Lactic acid also causes right sided abdominal pain as it pains the liver. That is why runners will have pain in the right side during running. 

I have always loved the "No Ox" logo. Anyway, people like plee will probably make fun of me again and call me a nerd, but, I thought some of the wrestlers may appreciate the meaning of the logo. Coach Joe B, if this was your idea, it was brilliant!

Sandman, how much you getting paid for this statement? sheesse , There are coaches all over this state working to get KY kids to the next level. If my son was young and wrestling, i would travel too.

Just to lighten the topic, I thought some wrestlers/students may find this interesting. No ox, means, no oxygen.  Why would a coach call their wrestling club No Ox??? The body has 2 exercise modes for burning fuel at the cellular or muscle tissue level, aerobic and anaerobic. Aerobic means oxygen is being delivered to the cells and anaerobic means the muscles are functioning without oxygen. In the anaerobic state, the muscles are working faster and harder than the oxygen can be delivered to them.  Notice this is muscle functioning without oxygen, if this happens to the brain, we die or at least pass out. Many people believe Billy Fuller and Grappler of Old function without oxygen to their brain, but that is not the case.

The muscle cells are actually capable of producing more energy faster and more efficiently when functioning in an anaerobic state. The muscles can only function in an anaerobic, or without oxygen state, for a limited amount of time.  The longer and harder a person trains, the longer they can remain in the anaerobic state. No pain, no gain, get it? The burning you feel with intense exercise during the No Ox, or anaerobic state, is the build up of lactic acid. Lactic acid is produced during oxygen deprivation. Lactic acid also causes right sided abdominal pain as it pains the liver. That is why runners will have pain in the right side during running. 

I have always loved the "No Ox" logo. Anyway, people like plee will probably make fun of me again and call me a nerd, but, I thought some of the wrestlers may appreciate the meaning of the logo. Coach Joe B, if this was your idea, it was brilliant!

...nerd :-D

The muscle cells are actually capable of producing more energy faster and more efficiently when functioning in an anaerobic state. The muscles can only function in an anaerobic, or without oxygen state, for a limited amount of time.  The longer and harder a person trains, the longer they can remain in the anaerobic state. No pain, no gain, get it? The burning you feel with intense exercise during the No Ox, or anaerobic state, is the build up of lactic acid. Lactic acid is produced during oxygen deprivation. Lactic acid also causes right sided abdominal pain as it pains the liver.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

very BORING DR. NERDOID!

I dont think Joe B came up with that name, or what it stands for.....not a knock on Joe at all (he is 100% class from what I've known of him), I just thought I heard somewhere that he seen that somewhere else.....maybe another club or something in Ohio.

The TRUE meaning of No-Ox is really cool.  (not dr. supernerd's definition).  If anyone has that, please post that on here so i can remember that definition instead of this one. 

Hey now I resemble that comment. :evil: :x

Wow, oxygen I thought that was the stuff you put on your face for pimples. Oxy for Gentlemen

Anaerobic, I thought you used this in sentences like (Anaerobic fought another robic on a far away world)

Aerobic,  Isn't that the cube where you have to get all the colors on the same side to win.

Cellular, now I know what that is.  It is the phone we all carry around today.

Wow, my head is starting to hurt.  I think I need to take two aspirin and call someone in the morning.  :-D :?

this is what i used to be told

North Hardin and Fort Knox

but i guess it could stand for that 2

didnt this team used to be a mix of the area?

probably wrong but i was young

this is what i used to be told

North Hardin and Fort Knox

but i guess it could stand for that 2

didnt this team used to be a mix of the area?

probably wrong but i was young

It could be easy to thin the North Knox due to the letters.

BUT ITS NOT :-D

NO Oxygen, Yes there is a story, the short story is something about taking your last breath or being pinned.

This is to clear up all of the rumors and misinformation about Joe Burroughs and No-Ox wrestling (these words came straight from Joe's mouth)

1) No-Ox was originally started by Joe for Matt Eck, Josh Johnson, Cassidy Veach, and Justin Burroughs.

2) The club soon expanded to include many wrestlers from all the hardin county schools(including Mark Jones).

3) The real story behind the No-Ox name:

A few years ago when Joe was reading a bodybuilding magazine he came across an article that was the inspiration for the name No-Ox (No-Oxygen).

The story was about John Defendis, an amerature bodybuilder who needed to win an upcoming competition in order to turn pro.

On a summer day in 1988, Defendis was in California training with pro budybuilder Steve Malich.

As the 2 headed towards the beach Defendis kept peppering Malich with questions on what it would take to win the competition.

Malich ignored every question, leaving Defendis somewhat bewildered.

As they dropped their gear and headed for the water, Malich trailed Defendis by a couple of steps. When the two were in five feet of water, Malich suddenly jumped on Defendis' back.

With all his strength Malich drove his training partner underwater and would not let up.

At first, Defendis thought Malich was playing a joke. But as he felt the grip tighten and his face being pushed farther into the bottom of the ocean, Defendis knew he was in a dire situation.

Defendis began kicking and fighting, his mind racing with fear as his mind began to burn.Finnally, the 90 second ordeal, which Defendis said seemed like an eternity, was over as Malich released his hold.

As the two made their way back to the beach, Defendis was outraged and demanded to know why Malich had tried to kill him.

What malich did was simply give Defendis the answer to his question.

Malich said Defendis would find succsess when winning was more important than his last breath.

Defendis took the message to hurt, winnig the competition and turning pro.