Sign in to follow this  
sheeves

"Region 7 Duals"

The Region 7 Duals will be this friday and saturday at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School. Friday wrestling will begin aroun 5:00pm (due to woodford still having school I think?) and Saturday around 9:00am. From what i've seen so far this year it appears that Tates Creek is turning some heads already and may be in the running for state duals but it wont come easy due to top dog Woodford County following Harrison and Dunbar. What are yalls predictions and good matchups the wrestling world should keep an eye out for?

I think this year the Region 7 may be one of the best ones in the state. You have a soild five teams that on any givin day could beat each other. Friday and Saturday should be a lot of great wrestling.

Any projected line-ups :-D

103-Lenz,Brown,Milford, Mims, Bracco and Stephens

Lenz wont be at 103 this weekend due to his coach giving him the wrong weight loss plan. Sorry Guys  :x

285 in this region will be good with me (nathan gray) and evan bullock and dennis coomer. But i say Tates Creek with surprise some people

Tates Creek is ok, but this region is very competitive. I don't know if they can beat Woodford Co. or Lafayette. Sometimes it looks (at least to me) like they get intimidated by teams like Woodford Co. and others. Lafayette has some realy good upper weight wrestlers. Bullock and Gray will be a good matchup, but Matt Green is a man child and I don't know if Kinder is strong enough or in good enough shape to beat him.

Here's the way I break down the region.

1. Woodford Co.

2-5. Tates Creek, Lafayette, Henry Clay, PLD (these could go anyway)

6. Harrison Co.

7. Franklin Co.

8. Montgomery Co.

9. Bryan Station

10. Western Hills

11. Bourbon Co. (since their not coming to the duals)

This is just my opinion, I have seen all the Region 7 teams wrestle this year (except Bourbon Co., and Western Hills) Tates Creek has a great shot to make state duals. I really hope you guys have a new energy this year. You guys have some talent, but sometimes you don't act like a team. If you guys are more cohesive this year I could definitely see that happening. I think one thing TC has always missed is a great leader, that could make a big difference. When I used to wrestle you guys had some really good wrestlers like Jason Gray and Dan Trejo, but while the other teams warmed up and stuff you guys just laid around. I'm not trying to harp on you guys, but I saw you guys once this year at your all Team Duals and some of your better and older guys just played around and goofed off, and it showed vs. Union Co. and the others.

but Matt Green is a man child and I don't know if Kinder is strong enough or in good enough shape to beat him.

How is Matt Green a Man Child, he got pinned by Julian Dominguez, is he also a beast, i beleive hes droppin to 189, Matt Greens not big period he should be a 171 in all reality, or maybe a small 189.

Matt Green is a very nice wrestler. I'm not going to denigrate his abilities. I'm guessing you are Julian Dominguez based upon the screen name. If you beat Matt Green that's nice, good win. Since this is about Region 7 duals, whatever happened two weeks ago is moot, teams change, kids have bad days, it would be a mistake to overlook Mr. Green.

I'm definitly not Julian Dominguez, im not sayin Matt Greens not a good wrestler, but "man child". Comeon this term should be reserved for someone bigger, hes definitly not a big 215. Mark Jones and Ryan Kelly are both bigger than Matt Green and there at 189

matt green is way bigger than mark jones. i was there for the match against domiguez and green and i couldnt figure out why in world tyler pace wasnt wrestling. i dont believe that matt was giving it his all thought. I have seen matt wrestle better than that. matt made a mistake thats all that was.

mark is a beast yes and about 2 in. taller than Matt. i know because i see mark all the time and mark is 2 in. taller than me and me and Matt are the same height. Matt is bigger in the chest and shoulders but mark is bigger in the legs.  I see them both very often. He was up by 1 FYI if you also call that a killing. like i said it just came out of football season when the pin occurred and Matt made a mistake he tried to roll through with a move and got caught dominguez is quiet a good wrestler but sorry to say he got lucky. and matt was tired and gassed.