Sign in to follow this  
Two_Cents

Team Dual Rankings

its cool...our coaches goal is just not to be last...i want 14th at LEAST

The State Duals only place the top 8.  The only way you can place top 8 is to place top 2 in your pool. the other 8 teams get 1 additional match after pool wrestling.  Basically, you are guaranteed 4 matches if you place top 2 in your pool you are guaranteed 5.

hey wat do u all think about MEADE making it to the state duals????

there has been a post about this we are impressed with them making it to state duals (no smart** remark ment)

who cares that they made it to state duals this is not the thread for that topic but back on topic if you win your pool do you automatically place top 4 or no?

I believe so.  The 4 pool winners wrestle for places 1-4 and the runner-ups from the pools wrestle for places 5-8.

top ten  :-D

1. Union county

2. Trinity

3. John Hardin

4. Wayne

5. Larue

6. Campbell county

7. Ryle

8. Seneca

9. Johnson Central

10. Fern Creek

1. Union county

2. Trinity

3. John Hardin

4. Wayne

5. Larue

6. Campbell county

7. Ryle

8. Seneca

9. Johnson Central

10. Fern Creek

You got Campbell too low, 4th at worst, should be 2nd, could be first

1. Union county

2. Trinity

3. John Hardin

4. Wayne

5. Larue

6. Campbell county

7. Ryle

8. Seneca

9. Johnson Central

10. Fern Creek

Fern Creek didn't even make it to state duals.

Here is what I think.

1  Union Co

2  Wayne Co

3  John Hardin

4  Trinity (Louisville)

5  Campbell Co

6  Ryle

7  Larue Co

8  Woodford Co

9  South Oldham

10  Seneca

11  North Oldham

12  Johnson Central

13  Meade Co

14  Paul Dunbar

15  Henry Clay

16  Southern

Ok I ran my simulations one last time with the 16 teams that I believe are attending.  If I am wrong let me know and I will change.  I did change one rule now that Ranger has ranked the top 35: any unranked spot gets a 45.

In an odd twist of fate the numbers ended up almost identical to Ranger's rankings.  Only Woodford and Campbell are switched.

1. Union County 15-0-0  (45 pts)  (3 for a win and 1 for a tie)

2. Ryle  14-1-0  (42 pts)

3. Trinity  12-2-1  (37 pts)

4. Wayne County 11-3-1 (34 pts)

5. John Hardin  11-4-0  (33 pts)

6. Campbell County  10-3-2  (32 pts)

7. Woodford County  9-6-0  (27 pts)

8. Larue County  8-7-0  (24 pts)

9. Seneca 7-8-0  (21 pts)

10. South Oldham 6-9-0  (18 pts)

11. Johnson Central 5-10-0  (15 pts)

12. North Oldham 4-11-0  (12 pts)

13. Tates Creek 3-12-0  (9 pts)

14. Meade County 2-13-0 (6 pts)

15. Southern 1-14-0 (3 pts)

16. Henderson County  0-15-0 (0 pts)

Below are the simulated scores between region #1s.  Remember these scores are based on rules and will tend to be lower on both sides than actual scores.

Union 34  Trinity 22

Union 31  Wayne 23

Union 42  Woodford 15

Union 35  Campbell 22

Union 35  John Hardin 20

Union 44  South Oldham 17

Union 60  Meade 7

Trinity 29  Wayne 27

Trinity 38  Woodford 28

Trinity 28  Campbell 28

Trinity 30  John Hardin 26

Trinity 47  South Oldham 21

Trinity 54  Meade 12

Wayne 42  Woodford 19

Wayne 31  Campbell 31

Wayne 33  John Hardin 25

Wayne 44  South Oldham 15

Wayne 53  Meade 8

John Hardin 41  South Oldham 16

John Hardin 46  Meade 14

John Hardin 29  Woodford 24 

John Hardin 29  Campbell 28 

Campbell 43  South Oldham 18

Campbell 57  Meade 16

Campbell 32  Woodford 29 

Woodford 35  South Oldham 25

Woodford 44  Meade 17

South Oldham 45  Meade 15

John Hardin did lose to Trinity as you said who I have in the 4 spot.  Also, They beat Ryle when Ryle didn't have some of their beasts in. They will change quite a few things.  I can't defend my posting on Seneca though.  I just think Chuck is quite a coach and has a way of motivating his kids.  Somehow, year after year, he has some very tough competitors.  Plus, Poulton is now in which will change some things from their past duals.

OK the reason why I hadn't posted to this comment earlier was I wanted to investigate this a little more and come to find out the only people Ryle was missing was Peace and Reid which are the best granted. But notice the score John Hardin 42 Ryle 26. That was a 16 point match difference even if giving that Peace and Reid would had pinned both there guys which they probally would have, they still would had lost by 4 points. You folks do the math.

If Peace and Reid pinned their guys then that would taken 12 points off john hardins score and added 12 to ryle making it 38-30 Ryle, do the math

Very true and I'm sorry I gave you a applaud I didn't factor that in. At any rate this will be a good dual against these two quality teams.

OK the reason why I hadn't posted to this comment earlier was I wanted to investigate this a little more and come to find out the only people Ryle was missing was Peace and Reid which are the best granted. But notice the score John Hardin 42 Ryle 26. That was a 16 point match difference even if giving that Peace and Reid would had pinned both there guys which they probally would have, they still would had lost by 4 points. You folks do the math.

If Peace and Reid pinned their guys then that would taken 12 points off john hardins score and added 12 to ryle making it 38-30 Ryle, do the math

We all can play the what ifs.  Below is also a situation if John Hardin had there starting lineup.

All true but John forfeited 160 which cost them 6 points.  there is a very good chance he would have won this match.  if so, this would have made it 33-32 John. also john was wrestling a jv at 119 which added another 6 points to ryle. at worst he would have only given up 3 points which would have made it 33-29 John. If john's 119 won then it is 36-26 John.

In reality, its fun to say what ifs but we will only know for sure Saturday night.

We all can play the what ifs.  Below is also a situation if John Hardin had there starting lineup.

All true but John forfeited 160 which cost them 6 points.  there is a very good chance he would have won this match.  if so, this would have made it 33-32 John. also john was wrestling a jv at 119 which added another 6 points to ryle. at worst he would have only given up 3 points which would have made it 33-29 John. If john's 119 won then it is 36-26 John.

In reality, its fun to say what ifs but we will only know for sure Saturday night.

Chris Pitcher is a very nice wrestler, but he would have faced Alex Pickett who is ranked 4th at 160.  I don't think the odds would have been in his favor to win the match.  Hopefully, all teams will be wrestling their true varsity line-ups and we actually get to see who is the best outside of Union.