160- Wright SEN Pin. STX

171- George STX Maj Dec. King SEN

189- Lange STX Pin. Stengel SEN

215- Gooch STX Dec. Davis SEN

Hwt- Hall SEN Pin. STX

Final

Seneca 36            ST. X  30

Guest wrestler92

I don't see how you could say the got the lead and never looked back?!?!  They only won by six so it could have easily come down to the last match or two inorder to win or lose the match.  Seems pretty close to me.

seneca got the lead and never looked back.

at 135 was ben freeman not jeff franklin.

due to weight issues our 152 couldn't wrestle for points. But he did pin his opponent. So if he would have counted it would have been 42-24

This was a really close one!  For St. X to do this well against Seneca, it should make them rise in the rankings.

I guess not! They really should have, but I think after they came within a point of Woodford, beat Ferne Creek and South Oldham, they sunk in the rankings!  But still its gotta be tough to keep up with all the teams. 

i'm not sure about the details

but i heard he got into some trouble before the season and was either suspended from the team or dropped out of school completely

i'm not sure

i hear hes back now though

I guess not! They really should have, but I think after they came within a point of Woodford, beat Ferne Creek and South Oldham, they sunk in the rankings!  But still its gotta be tough to keep up with all the teams. 

The rankings are based on how the individual kids will place at the state tournament and score team points there.  You can beat the top team in the country in a dual, but if all 14 kids go 2 and out at state you don't score.  I'm not saying St X will do that, but I haven't seen the individual results that support the team moving up.

Ranger, seems like this in itself gives a little evidence and the recent Jefferson Co. Tournament speaks well for St. X too as a dark horse. Anyway, we will be able to match up these rankings with the state tournament and see how you do. 

Did you rank this way last year and how did it measure up to the state results?  You have a tough volunteer job!

Ranger, seems like this in itself gives a little evidence and the recent Jefferson Co. Tournament speaks well for St. X too as a dark horse. Anyway, we will be able to match up these rankings with the state tournament and see how you do. 

Did you rank this way last year and how did it measure up to the state results?  You have a tough volunteer job!

JCTC was a crappy tournament compared to the last few years.

This is exactly the same way I have done it the last two years.  Here is a sample of my "stats" from last season's state tournament:

11 of 14 state champs (78.5%)

17 of 28 state finalists (60.7%) (one of my picks was Matt Miller who didn't compete due to injury)

88 of 112 medalists (78.6%) (also lost Adam Burdin due to injury)

This is exactly the same way I have done it the last two years.  Here is a sample of my "stats" from last season's state tournament:

17 of 28 state finalists (60.7%) (one of my picks was Matt Miller who didn't compete due to injury)

I'm all about pumping up your team.  I graduated from St X, but give it a rest and understand how the rankings work.  Or at least realize they're just rankings.  Either way, I imagine it is a tough volunteer job.  Give the man less guff about it.

Oh and by the way I'm not tooting my own horn here.  I do think I did pretty well, but like many have said (and hopefully everyone realizes) the rankings don't determine who stands on the podium.  And those kids that step it up (and there are always kids that do) in Frankfort will prove many of us wrong (myself included).

Oh and by the way I'm not tooting my own horn here.  I do think I did pretty well, but like many have said (and hopefully everyone realizes) the rankings don't determine who stands on the podium.  And those kids that step it up (and there are always kids that do) in Frankfort will prove many of us wrong (myself included).

I went back and compared Rangers final rankings to the final state results.  I can confirm that the stats he quotes are quite accurate.  He mentioned Miller but did not mention others such as Caleb Wood and Josh Lewis who were injured during the tournament.  There may have been others.  I did notice that St. X was ranked 21st as a team and they finished 17th overall.  This was the result of outstanding performances by Cory Kress (rank 13) at 145 who finished 8th and Matt Bergamini (rank 18) at 171 who finished 7th offset a disappointing tournament for Nick Norwood (rank 10) at 119 and Elliot Bauer (rank 10) at 140 who did not finish anywhere near the top 10.  Chip Condon finished as expected at 6th instead of 7th.  Seems to me that if any team has better or worse performances, they will finish higher or lower then their rankings.  All in all, however, I think the rankings are helpful, directionally correct and fun to follow.  Without a structure like the AP Coaches poll or any other formal process, I think Ranger is kicking ___ and putting in a tremendous amount of time.  BluegrassRiver, if you prefer, there are rankings at www.kentuckywrestling.org.  You might not like these any better as they only have one St. X wrestler ranked in the top 10.