Sign in to follow this  
ˢʰᵃʷⁿ¹¹²

Bullitt Central Results

In all I think this was a very good ran tournament.  There was a lot of oppurtunities for JV wrestlers to get some wrestling in as well. Meade county contunues to get better and better.  Watch for them to make some serious noise in the years to come.  There coach's seem like a class act.  The wrestlers that impressed me the most were Pile(Nelson), Mills(prp), and Nickel (doss).  All three pinned in the finals, and looked impressive all day.

As far as how the tournament was ran, I've seen better, but I have also seen worse.  As for the wrestling, the top tier wrestlers really didn't get a work out too much.  For example, Nickel pinned through the tournament including a 20 second pin in the finals.  Don't get me wrong, there were some good matches like Justin Walls vs. William Northington in the semis, but overall there weren't very many.  However, it was a good tournament for the inexperienced wrestlers.  A lot of teams had holes in their line-ups so teams like Meade Co, PRP, B.C. & Southern who have JV wrestlers had the opportunity to get those guys some mat time, which is always good.  In all honesty, this tournament was nothing more than a preview of the Region 3 tournament the 2nd week in February.  There were a few teams missing, but most of the Region 3 teams were there with a few others mixed in like Nelson, Bourbon and Caldwell.  Of course there were a few key wrestler missing from some of the Region 3 teams and some of the kids were not at weight just yet, but this tournament was pretty much indicative of how the Region 3 tournament will end up.  Just my opinion.

In all I think this was a very good ran tournament.  There was a lot of oppurtunities for JV wrestlers to get some wrestling in as well. Meade county contunues to get better and better.  Watch for them to make some serious noise in the years to come.  There coach's seem like a class act.  The wrestlers that impressed me the most were Pile(Nelson), Mills(prp), and Nickel (doss).  All three pinned in the finals, and looked impressive all day.

and james huffine form southern pinned too and it was a pretty fast one for the finals for a sophmore

I don't know any scores.  I had to leave before the consi-semis.

The top 3 were 1. PRP, 2. Southern, 3. Meade Co..  I'll take a stab at the final results from what I was told after the tourney.

103  Huffine (SOUT) pinned Childress (MEAD)

112  Badgett (BUCE) pinned ??Soriano (BOUR)??

119  Noe (SOUT) dec Ohmes (MEAD)

125  Coslton (PRP) pinned Wyatt (MEAD)

130  Mills (PRP) pinned ??Lewis (DOSS)??

135  Barrientos (FTKN) pinned Reichmuth (PRP)

140  Graham (IROQ) over Medley (MEAD)

145  Pile (NELS) pinned Porter (CENT)

152  Walls (BUCE) over ??Snyder (DESA)??

160  Choate (PRP) pinned Thomas (NELS)

171  Walls (BUCE) over Garcia (FTKN)

189  Bruce (MEAD) over ??Meads (IROQ)??

215  Nickel (DOSS) pinned Entrican (SOUT)

285  Payne (IROQ) over Flynn (CALD)

Huffine and Noe! Im proud of you lil dudes! Keep it up!... Hopfully ill be at your next tournament. Sorry I couldnt be there.

Huffine:Rob told me you wore my shoes in the finals since I couldnt. Thanks buddy!

Rob: Nice win over Arthur Ohmes. Next match I want to see A PIN. Region Champ??

oh yeah...soo who all placed from yall

Tanner Flynn placed 2nd, sam mitchell and gavin agneau placed fourth, but wat i meant was that a few JV kids had a good tournament,we had 5 1st year wrestlers who won a few matches and 2 that lost the consolation semis.

As far as quick pins, Nickel was the only one with a 1st period pin in the finals and that was 20 sec.  Rob Noe definitely has improved and I am happy for that young man.  Just one thing, as far as region champ, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves yet.  I'm sure Ohmes will be better by the end of the year and Lewis from Doss is dropping to 119 (He weighed in at 123 and will wrestle 119 after Christmas).  Nice job on improving this year, but there is still a long road ahead.

id have to say that some of the ref.'s calls in the championship matches of arther ohmes 119 and sean garcia 171 were questionable, garcia was called pinned when (in some peoples minds he wasnt) and arthur was called for some questionable slams that lost him the match!!!!so yea other than those too id say that the tournement went really well and was fun.!!!!!good job to everyone who competed

id have to say that some of the ref.'s calls in the championship matches of arther ohmes 119 and sean garcia 171 were questionable, garcia was called pinned when (in some peoples minds he wasnt) and arthur was called for some questionable slams that lost him the match!!!!so yea other than those too id say that the tournement went really well and was fun.!!!!!good job to everyone who competed

yea there was a couple of times the refs made very questionable calls against caldwell, first, the 189 match between kyle proffitt(cald) and the prp kid was very bad, the ref ruled it an intentional slam, which looked like a regulear slam, prp's rib landed on proffitt's hand, which hurt the kids rib. also in the 3rd and 4th match for 152 there were a lot of questionable calls that ref made, mitchell and the prp kid went out of bounds, mitchell tried for the escape, went out, landed on top of the other kid out of bounds, feet still in , and did not get the escape point.

Guest 103GBM?

So Southern had a full line-up?

I see they had two Champions and a runner-up.

Did anyone else place?

we had like 4 other places i think?

I believe the official everyone is referring to is Phillip Baker.  It was his 1st match, not just his 1st tournament, but match.  He did have some questionable calls, but I am sure he was nervous and overall (minus about 4 or 5 calls) he did okay.  There were a couple of illegal slam calls against Ohmes in the finals, a pin call that he reversed because he called it with the kid's shoulders way far out of bounds and an escape call (or lack there of) with Northington from PRP and the kid from Caldwell.  Other than those calls he did fine.  Only the calls against Ohmes affected the outcome of the matches so they can mostly be overlooked.  I'm sure learning to be a good official takes time just like learning to be a good wrestler.