Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Hoptown Takedown Tournament...

Jake Wempe beat Zack Bontrager by 2 takedowns. I'd love to see this on the mat though Bontrager is more of a mat wrestler. Jake Skinner got beat by Luke Ervin by 4 takedowns. Jake Skinner beat Josh King by 5 takedowns. Thomas beat Cody Martin  by 2 takedowns. Dustin Thomas got beat by Wempe by 2 takedowns. Isaac Ervin looked big, I'd say Peace better look out. Mitch looked great as well, I cannot wait until he meets up with Wolsifer. Calvin McNeely, from Christian County looked good only loosing to Woolen from Ohio County by one take down. Robert Gearlds looked good against Adam Lynch by going even with him, they went into overtime and didn't score so no one won. Dee Leavell faired well going undefeated. Preston Lashley went undefeated also at 215. Christian County's football team lost this past Friday so we will be getting alot of our varsity down in the room. Ft. Campbell's football team is still in the playoffs so they were missing some key wrestlers. Jared Smith is going 112. There was alot of good wrestling but the referees, ... I don't even think they are certified to referee.

Jake Skinner  beat josh king 6-2. i think issac ervin was 152 yesterday.  adam lynch was also wrestling 152 yesterday.  geralds looked beater than last year nice job on the tie with lynch.  i didn't get to see what ft. campbell  or hoptwon had to offer so can't really say much on that part.  i think region 1 is really going to step it up this year.  i do have to give a hugh congrats to preston lashly from christan....he beat all three of apollo's 215 yeaterday. nice job man

Preston Lashley beat all three of the Apollo 215's, one maybe even a heavyweight, Hoptown's 215, and Ohio County's 215. We wrestled Union County but they did not have a 215.

Man this is adam lynch that christain county kid kept backing out every time i did duck unders and snap down but everytime he would hurry up and get out of bounds cant wait until we wrestle in the season

Jake Skinner beat josh king 6-2. i think issac ervin was 152 yesterday. adam lynch was also wrestling 152 yesterday. geralds looked beater than last year nice job on the tie with lynch. i didn't get to see what ft. campbell or hoptwon had to offer so can't really say much on that part. i think region 1 is really going to step it up this year. i do have to give a hugh congrats to preston lashly from christan....he beat all three of apollo's 215 yeaterday. nice job man

robert geralds wasn't at 152 this weekend he was at 140...issac ervin wrestled 140/145

Jake Wempe vs Zack Bontrager will be a match to see come season