Sign in to follow this  
Henderson140

UK Wrestling?

Both UK and LSU had Wrestling in the early 80's.....

the whole SEC had wrestling, back when they had a team Fletcher Carr coached, with Joe Carr on the team. one year they won the sec tourny held at U Tenn, seen a pic in Coach carrs office. At one time the sec was good at wrestling, one year Carr told me that Auburn was ranked like 4th in the nation.

Wasn't Coach Headley from Henry Clay on that team?

yes, Headley and Carr were on the team. If anyone remembers Chad Scott from Woodford, his father had earned a scholarship to wrestle at UK but they dropped the program soon after he got here.

yes, Headley and Carr were on the team. If anyone remembers Chad Scott from Woodford, his father had earned a scholarship to wrestle at UK but they dropped the program soon after he got here.

Coach Green was a kick boxer from uk and he also wrestled i believe

William Green. Coached Tates Creek for yrs., now helps out McCoy w/ Lafayette.

i wouldn't say that more like helps out Will Bryant, haha. every time i see will one place work out, sure enough coach green is there wrestling with him. but hey good for will, thats what i think those lexington schools need, some master technitions

I heard 100k came up missing and that closed the program.

wow. thats outrageous. we had a similar occurence at my high school. Baseball coach/yearbook teacher stole $8000.00 from the school and gambled it away at the boat. He's currently on the run and we didn't have a yearbook last year.