Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Region 1 Finals

Region is a different deal from state look at paul dunbar winning region last year over woodford but woodford placing 2nd at state. CCHS has the kids winning the matches in the wrestle backs to get points over union plus union doesn't have a heavyweight CCHS has all 14 and backups.

Henderson County wont beat county..wont come close..you say County isnt good..next union they have the most returnin state qualifers...i saw the match..both of yall lookd tired..geralds jus pulld out the win...jus dont see henderson county beatin christian county..i see bryce wrestling 125-140(depending on if he watns to cut wait or not)

who's county? you should spell check yourself.

County is always Henderson County duh

"4 or 5 decent wrestlers" all im saying is that cc vs. hc will be close, even if cc wins

uc vs cc however, will not

Check your background HC until you produce state champions or even state placers every year maybe you can earn it but County IS Christian County always has, always will be. Henderson County if you think you can compete with the County fam. it's simple bring it to the mat we'll be ready. :evil: as goes for you union.

Btw HC i dont mean MS placers im talking about up at Frankfort.

lolol  nooooo if yall beat union county then you have a running for winnning state lolol  there is noooo way christian county is  winning either of those.

Ok sounds like someones scared of the big bad union county wrestlers. Gah man your defeated before you step out on the mat. :?

This is brandon brack and yeah your right it wont be as close as anyone thinks.  HC is gonna win really bad.  The reason Robert beat me was because I didnt sleep for the night before the match and I was running off energy drinks.  I guarantee it wont be close this time.  Besides I took him down over and over and the penalty points helped him out.  I ended up losing because I was tired and heard the whistle and stopped.  You know how it is not wrestling with any sleep or at your best. I was neither and I was cutting weight the night before too. If you watched the match, you would see how much I dominated him. I am the best first year wrestler this side of the mason dixon line and will put it on the line against him again if HC faces CH in a duel or tournament. Also Christian county isnt good. 

I'll let my schools history speak for itself. Whats your school done? Complain? Sorry, i don't think we award teams called "The Dog Ate my Homework" award.

i cant believe yall are leavin caldwell out of the mix!! we have been a contending team almost every year, plus we have 11 of 12 starters from last year, and young kids coming  up with high expectations, but that doesnt matter we'll see whos second in febuary!

i cant believe yall are leavin caldwell out of the mix!! we have been a contending team almost every year, plus we have 11 of 12 starters from last year, and young kids coming  up with high expectations, but that doesnt matter we'll see whos second in febuary!

you cannot have a mentality of second to get second. seems caldwells given up their season already.

Yes you should be resonable to your mentality but goin into a match like well i feel as though i can win but lets be real im facing union ..dats not a good mindset going in to a match..thats why woodford is so good..folks go into a match oh man im wrestling woodford county and end up w/ a piss stain in their singlet..

Lol piss stain. Woodford isnt always big and bad, even if they seem it.. Take Coty Lewis for example at state this past year, if you have the right mindset and mentality almost anything is possible. As for anyone saying that they can beat UC, you better work hard because Walls will not give up a loss to any regional opponent easily, its been since 2002-03 since UC has lost to an regional foe dual meet wise. Brack has surprised many people, just wait and see when december rolls around so the wrestling mat will decide what happens. This is just a predictions post so anyone can say what they want. When i hear county i think of henderson but its just because im from union and thats what everyone refers to around here as county. But im sure in the hopkinsville area, county is christian county so it doesnt really matter whose county whose not..

Lol piss stain. Woodford isnt always big and bad, even if they seem it.. Take Coty Lewis for example at state this past year, if you have the right mindset and mentality almost anything is possible. As for anyone saying that they can beat UC, you better work hard because Walls will not give up a loss to any regional opponent easily, its been since 2002-03 since UC has lost to an regional foe dual meet wise. Brack has surprised many people, just wait and see when december rolls around so the wrestling mat will decide what happens. This is just a predictions post so anyone can say what they want. When i hear county i think of henderson but its just because im from union and thats what everyone refers to around here as county. But im sure in the hopkinsville area, county is christian county so it doesnt really matter whose county whose not..

why the insult...piss stain?grow up chambliss

I think Region 1 is looking better than I expected.  Right after last season I thought it would be Union and no one else.  I still think Union wins region easily and is by far the highest finishing team from the region at state.  BUT, I see a couple other teams potentially cracking the top 20.  Last year's finish: Union #1, Ft Campbell #26, Ohio Co #30, Caldwell Co #34, Christian Co #43, Henderson Co #55, Calloway Co #58, Hopkinsville #58, Daviess Co #62.  No other teams scored.

Right now I see the order at state as Union, Christian, Ft Campbell, Caldwell, Ohio, Henderson, University Heights, Hopkinsville, Daviess.  At region things could shift a little bit.

In regards to the discussion above, as an individual I agree that you have to go onto the mat with confidence every single match no matter who you are facing.  But as a team you have to face reality.  Not to pick on any team, but for a kid from Apollo (with say 5 kids on the team) to get on hear and say they are going to beat Union is crazy.  Or even for Caldwell (with maybe 14 kids, but some inexperienced kids) it is very unrealistic.  In my opinion, no region 1 team has a shot at beating Union.  Individually, I think there can be many wins against them and even some upsets.  But teamwise it just ain't happening.  And I don't think that is giving up before you start, it is just being realistic.  You go out there and give 110% in your individual match and cheer on your teammates, but I don't think anyone esle has the depth at 14 weight classes to hang with them.

Guest jp

Concur,

Look at region 2 - Fort Knox the few kids they have are pretty good.

If you only count the matches they win vs lose; they win allot of duals.

Regretfully you have to add the forfeits up and that crush Ft. Knox.

Ranger is right. I dont go into a match thinkin I will lose. I could really care less. If I go out there and try my hardest I could win an upset or something like that. Just because one guy can beat union that doesnt mean your whole team will, and thats what matters in regionals and state. I never think im going to lose. Christian has the mindset they just need to go out there and place as high as they can. The same for everyone else. thats how teams place.

Check your background HC until you produce state champions or even state placers every year maybe you can earn it but County IS Christian County always has, always will be. Henderson County if you think you can compete with the County fam. it's simple bring it to the mat we'll be ready. evil as goes for you union.

Btw HC i dont mean MS placers im talking about up at Frankfort.

I don't know why CC wrestlers feel the need to insult others instead of talking about wrestling.

Our dual meet was close last year, and we are returning EVERYONE, we didn't have a single senior last year, plus we are getting some new wrestlers, so yeas CC vs. HC should be close again this year.

why the insult...piss stain?grow up chambliss

I am grown up, I was laughing at the fact that the guy who posted previously said piss stain. I was just thinking what if someone got a piss stain during a match. I wasn't talking down on anyone or insulting anyone.

I don't know why CC wrestlers feel the need to insult others instead of talking about wrestling.

Our dual meet was close last year, and we are returning EVERYONE, we didn't have a single senior last year, plus we are getting some new wrestlers, so yeas CC vs. HC should be close again this year.

Didn't mean to insult anyone. I was just stating cold hard facts but if i offended anyone, my apologies. But this season will be interesting to say the least. If HC thinks that they we'll have a close match then  i'm excited b/c thats the only thing that will make this region better. I just hope there could be a little more stir up on here about our region.

Didn't mean to insult anyone. I was just stating cold hard facts but if i offeneded anyone, my apologizes. But this season will be interesting to say the least. If HC thinks that they we'll have a close match then  i'm excited b/c thats the only thing that will make this region better. I just hope there could be a litter more stir up on here about our region.

I agree entirely.  I dont hate christian county right now.  I just can't wait to face them and really see who wins.  Im all excited again.

Christian County is Da Bomb

103 Kid From Pennsavania

112 (Turtle) Dee Leaval

119 Austin Jones

125 Dustin Thomas

130 Anthony Adams

135 Jake Skinner

140 ??

145 Josh Fulford want it

152 My Man Cory Armstrong

160 Calvin Mcnealy

171 Preston Lashley A beast

189 Mark Payne Beast Mode

215 Darryl Dobson but Donnie Thomas might make his big return

285 The Big Man Houston Croney

Henderson or caldwell Dont have a chance

lol we get it christian county is the best in the state.  Gerard would be 140 wouldnt he?  I hope I get to wrestle him again.  Me and him had an epic match.  If he doesnt wrestle 140 during the season then I hope he goes 140 in our dual if we have one just for me.  Def. match of the year material.

lol we get it christian county is the best in the state.  Gerard would be 140 wouldnt he?  I hope I get to wrestle him again.  Me and him had an epic match.  If he doesnt wrestle 140 during the season then I hope he goes 140 in our dual if we have one just for me.  Def. match of the year material.

Robert Geralds...prolly will be at 140...145 i dont see fulford  gettin in the line-up..

you cannot have a mentality of second to get second. seems caldwells given up their season already.

its not that we have that kind of mind set it because there aint many teams in region 1 that can compete with union county

Christian County is Da Bomb

103 Kid From Pennsavania

112 (Turtle) Dee Leaval

119 Austin Jones

125 Dustin Thomas

130 Anthony Adams

135 Jake Skinner

140 ??

145 Josh Fulford want it

152 My Man Cory Armstrong

160 Calvin Mcnealy

171 Preston Lashley A beast

189 Mark Payne Beast Mode

215 Darryl Dobson but Donnie Thomas might make his big return

285 The Big Man Houston Croney

Henderson or caldwell Dont have a chance

103?? A kid from pennsylvania?? That cant be good for the 103's....only sickos come from pennsylvania. He has to be pretty sharp.