Sign in to follow this  
stand-up

KCD will host a folkstyle August 18th

Could you please post some more info if you have it.  Price? Weigh in times? Address? Divisions?    Thanks

OK here is some info:

LOCATION            ---      Kentucky Country Day High School

4100 Springdale Road

Louisvill, Ky 40241

TIME                    ---      August 18th

8:00am weigh-ins (103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 285)

ENTRY FEE            ---      $15.00 (must be a USA wrestling card member)

FORMAT                ---      Folkstyle

DIVISIONS            ---      9th to 12th graders (must not have turned 19)

I would enjoy some good hard matches at this tournament.This could be a preview of whats to come.A turn out of good past wrestlers the ones to come.We can see whos been working this summer and how much they have improved.

Guest jp

The tournament is a great idea; regrettable, I think the numbers will be low due to other sports football, soccer ect already under swing. 

I expect coaches would go thru the roof if they new kids were wrestling and could possible get hurt. :?

I was referring to guys who put wrestling first.Many people talk about getting Kentucky wrestling to the same level of competetion as some of the northern states,it will never happen if wrestlers dont commit to it all year long.These other so called sports arent sports at all in comparison to wrestling.I have played them all and nothing requires the level of commitment wrestling does.So if wrestling is going to grow in Kentucky it will take dedication from the wrestlers first. So I am throwing out a challenge to the real wrestlers to make Kentucky wrestling great by making Kentucky tournaments great and requires big turnout of our best and our WANT TO BE THE BEST.See you this Saturday at KCD no excuses .