Sign in to follow this  
colonelcoach2007

top three teams in region I

With Union County the clear favorites, the region is pretty wide open.  Ohio County lost most of their talent.  I think 6 or 7 seniors.  I would have liked to see Burdin have wrestled his senior state tournament.  Christian County is coming up, and Caldwell is always hanging around with at least 4 "good" wrestlers a year.  Teams shouldnt over look Henderson County this year.  With Bryce Alexander returning (Nearly had a huge upset at state against Woodford's 119 at the state tournament.  The boy tapped out at one point)  Chris Merrywether back at 103, the possible return of Cody Johnson (sophomore 215 pounder, did not compete last year, undefeated in middle school)  Jimmy Jones freshman, middle school state champ, and a few unheard of's that will surprise people this year, alongside 4 or 5 seniors.  I think they are a top three team.  The light weight classes are going to need some new blood.  Ft. Campbell is usually pretty decent.  Their 119 pound kid was tough.  Who will be the top three.  I say Union, and then its going to be a dog fight between Caldwell, Christian, and Henderson)

Hmm I really think UHA can pull out with a top 3 finish.

i dont think so, maybe in 4 years but they only had 1 varsity wrestler (austin conner) they are a reaaly young team, i think it will be a few years

yea umm i think nothin has changed for caldwell

103-?

112-?

119-?

125-Mitchell Coleman

130-Joe Young/ Lee Linder

135-Clay Overby

140-?

145-Gavin Agneau

152-Sam Mitchell

160-Steven Lamb

171-Kyle Proffitt

189-Zach Vinson

215-Logan Kennaday

HWT-Tanner Flynn

Well with that said what do you think the outcome between UC vs Caldwell will be in each matchup...

Caldwell            vs                    Union

103-?                                    Jarvis Elam       

112-?                                    Aaron Carr

119-?                                    Caleb Ervin

125-Mitchell Coleman                Jake Wempe

130-Joe Young/ Lee Linder        Luke Ervin

135-Clay Overby                      Matt Young/ Matt Burke

140-?                                    Isaac Ervin

145-Gavin Agneau                    Clint French/ Josh Willett

152-Sam Mitchell                      Mitch Ervin

160-Steven Lamb                    Timmy McKenney

171-Kyle Proffitt                      Jarrad Burke

189-Zach Vinson                      Deonte Wright

215-Logan Kennaday                Levi Griggs

HWT-Tanner Flynn                    Zarr Dudley

Well with that said what do you think the outcome between UC vs Caldwell will be in each matchup...

Caldwell            vs                     Union

103-?                                     Jarvis Elam       

112-?                                     Aaron Carr

119-?                                     Caleb Ervin

125-Mitchell Coleman                Jake Wempe

130-Joe Young/ Lee Linder         Luke Ervin

135-Clay Overby                      Matt Young/ Matt Burke

140-?                                     Isaac Ervin

145-Gavin Agneau                    Clint French/ Josh Willett

152-Sam Mitchell                      Mitch Ervin

160-Steven Lamb                     Timmy McKenney

171-Kyle Proffitt                       Jarrad Burke

189-Zach Vinson                      Deonte Wright

215-Logan Kennaday                 Levi Griggs

HWT-Tanner Flynn                    Zarr Dudley

thanks for the kick in the nuts, yea well have a good team but uc beat us even with our best team in years.('05)

i dont see why hopkinsville is put out you have dee allen who hasent face UC's 189 and zack shaw , as well as erik martin who place 4th in region last year and other good wrestling like derick dillard who wasent able to make it ( hip injury) i see him placing top in region as well. evan butler who in his 6th grade year place 4th in middle school region and 5th in high school will be underestimated with ass. coach Willie Ennels doing his thing. team duel wise i think that hopkinsville can probally be at least 3rd or above but with the consideration of union still being #1 in region.

jus dont see hoptown doin that good...only wrestlers i see doin anything from them are zack shaw(145)..dee allen(189)...erik martin  thought he was a senior...

no erik martin will be a senior this comming up year with dee allen and zack shaw as Jr.'s  but ive seen them in pratice and most of them dont take it serious if they would get more sserious hoptown could be a top school in the 08-09 season whe nshaw and allen make them step it up.top as in maybe most of the wrestlers actually placeing in region and maybe even state with the right modivation.

I dont understand all this talk about caldwell and Hoptown.....Now if Willie could get a motivated team he could turn Hoptown in to a state contender.  Caldwell will not be a top two.  I want to see what team Christian County brings to wrestle.  There will be a tournament this year and the top two teams will go to the state duals.  All of this talk is just idle chatter until then.  I think the number one spot is taken, obviously.  I see Christian, Henderson, and maybe Fort Campbell vying for the number two spot.  Caldwell will be in the running if they can get t afull team.

Last 3 years Region 1 couldn't get a second team to go to state duals besides Union.. There was always an open spot and I figured Christian Co. or Ohio in past years should have represented region 1 at the state level. Union County wont be attending the Christian Co. tournament this year due to interference with a tougher tournament, either Mater Dei or Brentwood Academy Tournament.

Last 3 years Region 1 couldn't get a second team to go to state duals besides Union.. There was always an open spot and I figured Christian Co. or Ohio in past years should have represented region 1 at the state level. Union County wont be attending the Christian Co. tournament this year due to interference with a tougher tournament, either Mater Dei or Brentwood Academy Tournament.

i dont think caldwell will be going to mater die this year cause christian county is closer

Union will be trying to win the Mater Dei tournament this year... It is alot tougher than the Christian Co. tournament. Union placed 5th last year, its going to be tough to beat Mater Dei. Why did christian county changed dates?

28-29 Woodford Co Invitational Woodford Co

29 Christian Co Invitational Christian Co

29 Valley Invitational Valley

29 Border Classic Wayne Co

to compete with wc inv. is stupid we also changed it because it interferes our annual alabama trip. this year it will be a two day tournament. the first day will be a jv tournament then the second day will be varsity tournament. similar to the mcgavok tournament. this date change allows us to go to alot of tougher tournaments like big east and trojan inv.

i think we have a good season to look too.

i say if christian co. lower weights can pick up the fight union co. and henderson co. will have a hard stoping them.

christian co. donnie thomas is looking to make a statement this year as a senior. not goin to region may have hurt him but you just watch and see.

christian co. dustin thomas and union co. isaac ervin will be a good match up

christian co. robert geralds and union co. luke ervin is a toy match up aS geralds step into his second year wrestling luke have been wrestling for a while. i will like to see this match up.

at region geralds took luke to the 3rd period then lost by pin fall as a first year wrestler you have to expect big things in the future so just look out for the out break of geralds

Apollo is gonna have a pretty descent team this year.  they have a chance to make a run for the top three in region 1.  We have alot of young talent on the rise and two seniors to lead(cody martin & josh king) Both state qualifers.  martin is gonna wrestle 130 and king 140.  Brent feher will be 112 and will surprise some teams this year.  Zach Mitchell and Clay Kuegal are both strong wrestlers and with them some help from sophomore's Kevin Whitaker & Steven Randall Apollo should be a pretty tough challenge for a yop 3 spot in region 1