Sign in to follow this  
punisher112xxx

The most underestimated

who in your opinion do you think is most underestimated in any weight class?

and who do you think is going to come out victorious at state next year that no one would of

ever thought of?

I've had the opportunity to watch a lot guys wrestle this spring and summer so I feel confident saying that Dust Stengel from PRP is perhaps the most underestimated wrestle in Louisville. Stengel and Choate will be a great combination for PRP this year.  Jeremy Bollman from Oldham County is another kid who will surprise alot of people this year.  Saint X will have Freshman Kyle Honeycutt wrestling 103, there are at least 10 people currently ranked at 103 that Honeycutt can beat.

I believe that Ryan Houchens from South Oldham will win 189 this year.  Ryan could also win 215 and if he wanted to drop the weight,(and he could) he could probably beat Reid at 171.

reid beat him last year at cincinnatti nationals i dotn think ryan would stand a chance in folkstyle

Results from 2006 Cincinnati Nationals  189 Cadet

Houchens    Greco 1st    Freestlye  1st    Folkstyle  4th

Ried            Greco  3rd    Freestyle  3rd    Folkstyle  1st

I would say that the results from last year would put them pretty close.

Houchens won all three styles at Cinnci this year and has been working hard all spring.  Has Ried been practicing or wrestling in any tournaments?  If he bumps to 189 next season it will be one hell of a weight class, I can't wait to see some of those matches.

Taking nothing away from Reid but Houchens wont be stopped. And lets be real, Reid would be fat at 189 and Houchens would be fat at 215. Most likely they wont meet at the highschool level, although it would be an interesting match.

Those 2006 cincinnati nationals results mean nothing, it wouldnt make it a closer match, if you arent use to freestyle or greco and not totally aware of the rules, you can easily get beat even if you are an amazing folkstyle wrestler, but as you see Reid beat Houchens in folkstyle. Thats all that matters. Plus that was a year ago. It will be an intense match if it happens, but I dont see it happening. They will go seperate weight classes, and I cant even see Houchens beating Jones or Kelly.. he would most likely get MOW if he beat both of them or maybe even one of them unless there was a big suprise.

Those 2006 cincinnati nationals results mean nothing, it wouldnt make it a closer match, if you arent use to freestyle or greco and not totally aware of the rules, you can easily get beat even if you are an amazing folkstyle wrestler, but as you see Reid beat Houchens in folkstyle. Thats all that matters. Plus that was a year ago. It will be an intense match if it happens, but I dont see it happening. They will go seperate weight classes, and I cant even see Houchens beating Jones or Kelly.. he would most likely get MOW if he beat both of them or maybe even one of them unless there was a big suprise.

Well, thats why I listed him as one of the most underestimated wrestlers.  I believe in Houchens, I've watched him wrestle several times this summer and I feel that this will be his year.

I've had the opportunity to watch a lot guys wrestle this spring and summer so I feel confident saying that Dust Stengel from PRP is perhaps the most underestimated wrestle in Louisville. Stengel and Choate will be a great combination for PRP this year.  Jeremy Bollman from Oldham County is another kid who will surprise alot of people this year.  Saint X will have Freshman Kyle Honeycutt wrestling 103, there are at least 10 people currently ranked at 103 that Honeycutt can beat.

I believe that Ryan Houchens from South Oldham will win 189 this year.  Ryan could also win 215 and if he wanted to drop the weight,(and he could) he could probably beat Reid at 171.

Honeycutt at St. X?  I thought he moved to Johnson Co.?

Honeycutt at St. X?  I thought he moved to Johnson Co.?

Yes, they moved to JC for a couple of weeks so that he could be eligible for m.s. state.  Apparently he was ineligible at Oldham County.

ive seen honeycutt recently and that kid still has a lot of room to grow over the summer and i hear he will be playing football at saint x as well. I guess wat im trying to say is that you should be looking for honeycutt to be wrestling around 119 or 112 next year. How does Saint X look at those wieghts?

I think Houchins did beat Jones.

Ok then, they can go ahead and make the 2008 MOW for state out to Houchens! Good Luck to all!

Ok then, they can go ahead and make the 2008 MOW for state out to Houchens! Good Luck to all!

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. lol.

Didn't happen. Marks only loss was in the finals last year. Also he was 2-0 against Houchins in 05-06 season

Didn't happen. Marks only loss was in the finals last year. Also he was 2-0 against Houchins in 05-06 season

Thanks. I wasn't sure. I thought I heard somethin' about it. I guess I heard wrong.

Sorry he never beat me he almost in 05-06 at woodford but ever one knows that that a long day. At state it was a blow out i think it was 14-5the only person that i didnt pin but starks that year

Sorry he never beat me he almost in 05-06 at woodford but ever one knows that that a long day. At state it was a blow out i think it was 14-5the only person that i didnt pin but starks that year

Jones,  I sat behind your team all week last year at state.  Great bunch of kids, I was impressed with the way you handle your role as team leader.  It was clear that they look to you to keep everyone focused and motivated.  It was easy to see how much you cared about your fellow teammates.  189 is going to be a tough weight class next season, I hope to see you in the finals.

Thank you. 189 is going to be a hard class you never know who might move up, but thanks im glad to see that there are other people are out there that see that i care about my team and not just myself.