Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region 3 PRE-Season Rankings 4-11-07

I plan on bringing some brass knuckles! lol:

We can both get steel chairs... shooo.

**I say at regionals next year, we all make a pact that we will whoop the socks off of Nickel. It can be the grand finale finals match. **Region3(minus Derick) VS  Nickel....**  Put that in ur pipe and smoke it derick...!!! lol

ok how come im not frist in region??

its first not frist  bop come on  now take a deep breath and think before u spell sometimes ok its not hard but it is very funny :-D

its first not frist  bop come on  now take a deep breath and think before u spell sometimes ok its not hard but it is very funny :-D

Lol it is pretty funny ha..

Anybody go to KCD today? SOUTHEND WRESTLING CLUB RUNNER UPS IN FREESTYLE AND GRECO ROMAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody go to KCD today? SOUTHEND WRESTLING CLUB RUNNER UPS IN FREESTYLE AND GRECO ROMAN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad you didnt win.. how did you do individually??

Too bad you didnt win.. how did you do individually??

I won in both styles. I did'nt have any actual 130 pound matches but i wrestled 5 exhibitions and went 4-1. I beat someone from our team twice, a woodford 125 (he asked me for the exhibition), and Moore's 135 I think. The one loss was to North Hardin's, like, 140... he was a hoss. He was way too strong for me, but i did hit him with a standing gator roll... it was sweet.

James Huffine (SOUT)

David Beck (FAIR)

James Childress (MEAD)

Patrick Lile (SOUT)

James Badgett (BUCE)

Wes Lewis (DOSS)

Aaron Choate (PRP)

Jake Maupin (FAIR)

Lou Cordero (IROQ)

Arthur Ohmes (MEAD)

Nick Reichmuth (PRP)

Christopher Barrett (SOUT)

Brandon Nix (DOSS)

Connor Johnstone (FAIR)

Alex Hacker (DOSS)

Tony Tinnell (BUCE)

Beshawn Moore (IROQ)

Branden Wyatt (MEAD)

Corey Mills (PRP)

Alan Marksbury (DOSS)

Rayshawn Graham (IROQ)

Antonio Stewart (MEAD)

Eric Abbott (BUCE)

Justin Willenborg (HOLO)

Rob Noe (SOUT)

Marc Blanford (SOUT)

Billy Cahill (DOSS)

Jacob Colston (PRP)

Ethan Medley (MEAD)

Joe McDaniel (HOLO)

Justin Walls (BUCE)

Aaron Cosgrove (DOSS)

Donald Phillips (PRP)

Alex Pike (DESA)

Josh  Tygret (MEAD)

T.J. Gober (IROQ)

Brad Miller (HOLO)

William Northington (PRP)

Thomas Roach (MEAD)

Michael Chaney (BUCE)

Nick Boner (DESA)

George Elliot (DOSS)

Dusty Stengel (PRP)

Kevin Snyder (DESA)

Akeem Bennett (BUCE)

Sean Hartman (IROQ)

Austin Woosley (FAIR)

Chris Coomer (MEAD)

Lamar Lattimore (SHAW)

Dakoda Choate (PRP)

Jeremiah Walls (BUCE)

Nathan Kelch (MEAD)

Robbie Spann (DESA)

Mark Monroe (DOSS)

Dwayne Brutscher (SOUT)

Jason Johnson (FAIR)

Sonny Jeffries (VALL)

Jarred Vincent (HOLO)

Nick Sivado (IROQ)

NajJah Savery (PRP)

Cody Bruce (MEAD)

Alex Meads (IROQ)

Tyler Cusack (FAIR)

Myles Poole (DESA)

Rocky Wright (SHAW)

Daniel Smith (VALL)

Jarrid Perrson (DOSS)

Chase Lloyd (DESA)

Bryant Wilson (SOUT)

Justin Geary (MEAD)

Michael Snoddy (IROQ)

KeVan Avery (PRP)

Shawn Green (DOSS)

Pat Elam (FAIR)

Logan Teagardner (HOLO)

Derek Nickel (DOSS)

John French (DESA)

Jordan Blakemore (SOUT)

Kyle Smith (PRP)

Tyler Crow (MEAD)

Cory Allen (BUCE)

Austin Jaggers (HOLO)

Derrick Lawson (DOSS)

James Payne (IROQ)

Bebop Smith (VALL)

Bobby Fuqua (MEAD)

Larry Brown (BUCE)

Zack Entrican (SOUT)

Cody Jaggers (PRP)

Rajah Coyler (SHAW)

Chris Alexander (WEST)

Team Rankings:

Doss

PRP

Meade Co.

Bullitt Central

Southern

Iroquois

DeSales

Fairdale

Holy Cross

Valley

Shawnee

Western

Guest queen

I like these rankings at least it shows some kids that have been working hard all summer. Might not be how they end up but at least for some of these kids that have worked hard it gives them a little to be pround of. Maybe we should let the kids do the rankings instead of old fuddy duddies that are arm chair quarterbacks do the rankings. At least these kids see them everyday or every week some were and wrestle them.

Guest queen

The only point I would change is Marksbury from Doss I heard he is doing nothing and until he does should not be ranked as high

I like these rankings at least it shows some kids that have been working hard all summer. Might not be how they end up but at least for some of these kids that have worked hard it gives them a little to be pround of. Maybe we should let the kids do the rankings instead of old fuddy duddies that are arm chair quarterbacks do the rankings. At least these kids see them everyday or every week some were and wrestle them.

First, Danger is not nearly as old as me.  He is out there competing week in and week out and seeing who is working hard.

Second, we're not trying to be politically correct around here.  The primary point of the rankings is not to make everyone feel all warn and fuzzy inside because they see their name.  First and foremost, the rankings have to be accurate.  If you just throw someone's name high on the list because they've been practicing and wrestling alot, but have absolutely no talent, then you will look like a fool.  At least when I update the rankings the primary objective is to predict how things will fall out at state.  This is just based on what we are seeing early in the summer.  And just because some guys are working harder doesn't automatically make them shoot up the charts.  Coty Lewis (and probably a few others) has proven that theory wrong before.  Hard work and dedication are very important, but it is the total package that prevails in February.

Guest queen

I guess this is where we will agree to disagree. Having coached kids before every kid is different. As Coach Pinto once said " you can motivate kids differently some can be yelled at and some need kisses" I think for Region 3 to grow and to be better it takes kids to work all summer and to motivate others to do the same. When I see some of these kids going to tournaments and WIN, they are doing something. When they see kids sitting around all summer and doing nothing and then get ranked over them then they get down. I'm not say to be politically correct and just rank them because they work hard. I'm saying if they are wrestling in tournaments and WINNING why shouldn't they be moved up a few spots over someone you know is doing nothing. Perfect example DERRICK NICKLE , I read on here last year how hard he was working and how many tournaments he was winning and yet everyone still had him ranked low. And he proved everyone wrong. He is working harder this year and winning again. The same for alot of these other kids. Sometimes you just need a pat on the back to make an athlete even better and work harder. And believe me this might not make them win state but with their attitude and motivation it will make the rest of their team better. Enough on this subject. It was just my opinion and I love to see all these kids wrestle.

I guess this is where we will agree to disagree. Having coached kids before every kid is different. As Coach Pinto once said " you can motivate kids differently some can be yelled at and some need kisses" I think for Region 3 to grow and to be better it takes kids to work all summer and to motivate others to do the same. When I see some of these kids going to tournaments and WIN, they are doing something. When they see kids sitting around all summer and doing nothing and then get ranked over them then they get down. I'm not say to be politically correct and just rank them because they work hard. I'm saying if they are wrestling in tournaments and WINNING why shouldn't they be moved up a few spots over someone you know is doing nothing. Perfect example DERRICK NICKLE , I read on here last year how hard he was working and how many tournaments he was winning and yet everyone still had him ranked low. And he proved everyone wrong. He is working harder this year and winning again. The same for alot of these other kids. Sometimes you just need a pat on the back to make an athlete even better and work harder. And believe me this might not make them win state but with their attitude and motivation it will make the rest of their team better. Enough on this subject. It was just my opinion and I love to see all these kids wrestle.

I don't know about Coach Pinto, but I'll say one more thing (at least) on the subject.  Nickel is not the best example.  You're talking about a kid who could have placed as a sophomore with a little better draw.  So yes, when a good kid works hard good things usually happen.  Plus, just because you win some matches in the summer against questionable competition doesn't always tell the whole story.

And lastly, I say keep it up to all of the region 3 guys.  I'm rooting for you.  I hope to see a lot of you guys higher in the rankings when they have a little more meaning, late in the season.

just to give some people info on fairdale is one maupin is going to be 125 or 130. count on little david beck being in the top three at 103 and tyler cusack will be in the top 2 at 171. as every body else i dont know about we just lost five seniors and we dont have a liget senior who has been around for a while. but look for those three people to make some noise in the region.

Guest jp

some one needs to do a new set of rankings becasue this set is way way way off

Until the first week and weigh in's we have no clue who will be in what weight class :?

We have several kids that have gone up one or two weigth classes.

You could be ranked top 10 @ 103 and jump up to 119 and not even make the list :|

just to give some people info on fairdale is one maupin is going to be 125 or 130. count on little david beck being in the top three at 103 and tyler cusack will be in the top 2 at 171. as every body else i dont know about we just lost five seniors and we dont have a liget senior who has been around for a while. but look for those three people to make some noise in the region.

Is JJ wrestling this year?