Sign in to follow this  
189lateral

189`s in last Five years

No Will Starks?  He did win it twice, beating Mark Jones both times.  You have to at least put him ahead of Jones and Orth, making him second only to his brother.

No Will Starks?  He did win it twice, beating Mark Jones both times.  You have to at least put him ahead of Jones and Orth, making him second only to his brother.

my bad, thought it was the same guy, were they brothers?

next seasons top 3 would be

mark jones

ryan kelly

ryan houchens

was that supposed to be in order because i jones was losing to Kelly before Kelly dislocated his elbow.

i see will at third in the past five years orth would have beat him but he did get lit up in the finals against richard

My Top Picks would be like this

Richard Starks -Untouchable his junior and senior years

Will Starks- Undefeated his senior although The Jones match in the finals was pretty close

Kevin Orth- He was pretty tough I actually thought richard was gonna have a hard time with him in the finals.

Joe Cooke- from Dunbar was pretty tough i belive he placed 3rd or 4th his senior year

mitchel rogers,wow. He was a scapper, and you never knew what was gonna happen. i don't know how many times i saw him being majored and then launch somebody and stick um. he was very fun to watch.

Starks his senior year would walk through anyone at 189 in the last five years, including Green and Perry from McCreary.  I also think everyone is forgetting about Kyle Vanzant from Woodford who won it in 2003.  He beat the returning state champ from the year before at 215 Derek Sawyer.  He was an absolute stud, had basic technique but knew it well and was as strong as an ox.  Honestly I would place him second behind Richard Starks and Will Starks at third.  After that I would put AJ Green at fourth.  Alex Wenninger from Oldham would probably be next just because he never won a title.  If Wenninger hadn't had to wrestle Richard Starks all those times he would be at least a one-timer and he would then be ahead of AJ Green.  After Wenninger it would be Perry or Mark Jones.

Richard Starks

Kyle Vanzant

Will Starks

AJ Green

Alex Wenninger

Brandon Perry/Mark Jones

Starks his senior year would walk through anyone at 189 in the last five years, including Green and Perry from McCreary.  I also think everyone is forgetting about Kyle Vanzant from Woodford who won it in 2003.  He beat the returning state champ from the year before at 215 Derek Sawyer.  He was an absolute stud, had basic technique but knew it well and was as strong as an ox.  Honestly I would place him second behind Richard Starks and Will Starks at third.  After that I would put AJ Green at fourth.  Alex Wenninger from Oldham would probably be next just because he never won a title.  If Wenninger hadn't had to wrestle Richard Starks all those times he would be at least a one-timer and he would then be ahead of AJ Green.  After Wenninger it would be Perry or Mark Jones.

Richard Starks

Kyle Vanzant

Will Starks

AJ Green

Alex Wenninger

Brandon Perry/Mark Jones

You are forgetting a very good 189 that i think would have distroyed will starks... Keving ORth 2005 runner-up to richard...he was an amazing wrestler just ran into starks at state