Sign in to follow this  
Nathaniel Bryan

Coaches, Parents, Wrestlers, I need your help, ASAP:

Coaches, Parents, Wrestlers, I need your help, ASAP:

My name is Nathaniel Bryan and I cover sports for The News-Enterprise daily newspaper in Elizabethtown.

I am working on an article about staph infection for Thursday's edition.

If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me your thoughts, on some of the following issues, I would appreciate it.

- Have you had many wrestlers miss matches this season because of staph? How many kids were affected? How long were they out? PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MENTION A KID SPECIFICALLY; I AM NOT IN THIS TO "OUT" THE KID.

- What precautions do you take to handle staph? What do you do, if any, that goes beyond what the KHSAA requires?

- Do you think your kids are well-versed in what staph is and how to handle it?

- Add anything else here:

Please assume that anything you send me is on the record, as I do not write articles using "off the record information". And for clarification, please list your name and title. I can't use "a message board poster" or "anonymous source" said.

Thank you for your time, effort and consideration.

nbryan@thenewsenterprise.com

Nate,

No Disrespect intended, But you probly will not find many coaches willing to talk about this subject. It's like a player getting heat stroke. You do everything you can to prevent it, but sometimes it happens anyway. In our sport it has alot to do with the kids and their personal hygiene.