Sign in to follow this  
dkk1030

middle school state results

remote from E-town

Zack Salyers    Johnson Central    103lb  state champion over Troxel Mccreary

J.J. Jude        Johnson  Central    110lb  state champion over  ?  Hardin County/Terry ?

Johnson Central    5 state placers

Here a few of your 2007 Middle School State champs:

70lbs Garth Yenter-Campbell County

75 lbs Logan Wedding-Union

82 lbs John Fahy-YKC

89 lbs Shane White-Woodford

96 lbs Brent Hitchings-Trinity

103 lbs Zach Salyers-Johnson Central

110 lbs JJ Jude-Johnson Central

117 lbs Caleb Ervin-Union

Yenter vs. Ervin was a good battle

Fahy pinned with ease, winning his record forth middle school state championship.

White looked really good winning against some great competion!

Hitchings beat Stout.  I believe that makes three championships for him.

Salyers beat Troxell in tought match.

Jude beat Kyle Terry in another tough match.

If you missed it there was some really great wrestling today at Central Hardin.  Larue County did a great job running the tournament, very smooth.  GOOD JOB TO ALL!

you can compete as young as you want.

Anymore results?  124?

124: Zack Byrd(WC) over Duncan Caddell(WHIT)

131:Jay Gatto(EO) over Justin Rock(LC)

140: Cole Proctor(SO) over Vince Couch(LC)

150: Bernard Ray(LC) over Timothy McKenny(UC)

165 - Conner Coyle of Gray in OT I believe

185 - Jones of Henderson over Newberry of Larue by pin

Hwt - Smith of Inez decision over Staten of McCreary

Congratulations to all participants.

Congratulations to Larue for team title and Union County for club title.

Middle school wrestling in Kentucky has improved tremendously in the past few years.

Congrats to all the winners.  We are all really proud of the youth movement in this state!

Could someone post all the results somewhere?  Thinking it might be on the youth site.  Thanks again.

165 - Conner Coyle of Gray in OT I believe

185 - Jones of Henderson over Newberry of Larue by pin

Hwt - Smith of Inez decision over Staten of McCreary

Congratulations to all participants.

Congratulations to Larue for team title and Union County for club title.

Middle school wrestling in Kentucky has improved tremendously in the past few years

The 165 championship was not won! I tried to stop the match Because Mikey Treadway from Calloway county won it 7-6. The ref completely disregarded me and started the overtime clock.

The 165 championship was not won! I tried to stop the match Because Mikey Treadway from Calloway county won it 7-6. The ref completely disregarded me and started the overtime clock.

So the Calloway kid really won the title? :?

So the Calloway kid really won the title? :?

What happened in the match is the score was 7-2 near the end of the 3rd period, coyle from gray took down the wrestler from calloway to his back, the ref awarded 2 takedown & 2 nearfall.  The score at the end of regulation should have been 7-6...the score board showed 7-7.  The ref & coaches consulted over this, and i'm not sure who said what at that point, but it was decided to wrestle the OT period.  Coyle scored a takedown to win the match in OT.  The coaches from Calloway & someone else came to the mat to protest the score at the end of regulation.  According to the rule book....any errors in scoring MUST be corrected before the start of the next period.  Once the OT period started there was no correcting the 7-6 error.  It was an unfortunate mistake, but anyone with access to a rule book can read the case study on this and it says without question there was no going back. 

The ref felt horrible, and I feel really bad for the Calloway wrestler.  A lot of refs & coaches don't like this rule, but it is the rule.  The score HAD to be corrected before the OT period started.  Congratulations to both wrestlers for a very hard fought match.

does anyone have the full results from the middle school state tournment?

I will post those at www.kyswa.org, and here as soon as I get them.  I should have them sometime today.

Thanks,

Pat

I've been to some tournaments that handed out a best match trophy.  This would be great and rewards what people appreciate most (a good match)  The 165lb final match would have won it hands down.  The ones I've seen were applauded more than the MOW award.

the results are posted at www.kyswa.org. 

mathound - these results are in .pdf...if you could post them on this site as well, that would be appreciated.