Insidetrip

Warner vs Peace

Nothing personal against warner, but peace would probably major him like ruschell did a couple years back. Peace is an animal on top much like ruschell was. Warner is technical but doesnt appear to be really strong. I say Peace wins 10-2

i think this would be closer than you think warner may not be as stronge as peace but outstanding on his feet and a beast on top as well he proved that when he rode the kid from carmel in for 5 and a half min. in the finals and that kid percel is no push over he finished 3rd at fargo so i think it would be moore like 5-4 and i dont know witch way it would go but it would be a great match regardless of who won IMO

Something that few people realize - Warner has not been scored on this season.  This includes matches against some top level Indiana opponents.  The only points scored have been escapes that he gave up to for takedown opportunities.

I think Peace will win pretty handidly.  He is a good technical wrestler, and he never stops wrestling.  He's and animal.  It six minutes of intense wrestling when your up against him.

first the score between warner and rushel was 7-4 at the dragon the only time they wrestled and tha was 2 yrs ago they both have goten better  but as far as peace just man handiling warner i dont think that would happen warner pinned jackson this year so the strength my not be as one sided as you guys think and as far as going six min. none stop ithink warner was started in a place that there motto is never settle break some ( re davison high MI coach hall) so i would say if he kept his work habits from there and it looks like he has with only get beat by rushel one time and scott 3 times and 1 time to mc kid 2 yrs ago and not giveing up a defencive point this season i think it would be a great match but i dont think either of them would dominate the other    IMO

if warner pinned jackson this season that's better than peace has done. that i have seen anyways, cause peace even lateral dropped jackson and still didn't get the pin at the dragon. so for warner to pin him is a very good accomplishment, let alone to have not gotten scored on at all this year. i'm going to go with warner on this one.

Peace is an animal. Warner is the only 135 pounder in the state who wouldn't get teched by Peace. Courtney and Thunamen are the only 145 pounders who wouldn't get teched by Peace(both of these kids "could" beat Peace).  No one at 140, even Jackson, will be close to him this year. Peace already majored Jackson this year and will likely tech him down state. Peace is pure class.

I think this would be a great match. It would definatly not be a blowout by any means. It could go either way. The only way this could happen would be if one broke the other mentally . I think that peace is more of an attacker while warner is a very technical wrestler. I say 5-4 or closer match! and it could go either way. I think these are two of the best in the state!

Oldham and Ryle faced off at Union CO, I was told that Warner "blinked" when he had the chance to bump to wrestle Peace.  Someone fill us in.  Our questions could have been answered.

i would like you guys to tell me what eithier of them had to gain  both boys are out standing wrestlers and both very competive an with being this close to regionals and state there was no reason for it to happen anyway  and you guys cant stand whenit when some one else has some sucksess and you guys have to find something to pick at that person about and thats ok because that keeps the pot stired and that makes everthing very interesting but for those of you that wonder just keep wondering because it dosn't matter dose it

Just for the record, Peace is the best last name.  I'm alittle jealous.....

As far as who would win...who knows.  Maybe Warner, he seems untouchable this year.  But I haven't seen Peace wrestle this year.  And Courtney would beat both of them.  Not by a lot.  And Wolsiefer is the best of them all.  How about that?

Ryle dualed Oldham Co. yesterday at the Union Duals but Warner didn't bump up. They both look to be very dominant Warner has technique and Peace has the strength. Warner has speed but Peace just has that extra drive. If Warner could ride Peace out through the period he could win. But Warner cannot stop because Peace will keep coming through the whole match.

I don't blame Warner for not bumping up a weight group to wrestle Peace. First, Warner is a senior and this late in the season why take a chance on an unnecessary injury wrestling a heavier opponent. Second, Warner's time to prove he's the best at 135 will occur over the next 2 weeks. I agree the match would have been interesting for all of us who have nothing to lose, but simply too risky at this time. I don't agree with the implication that Warner "blinked" somehow suggesting he was afraid of Peace. Both of the kids are fantastic wrestlers.

Lighten up Francis, Just having a little fun.  Warner and Peace would be a great match, and 5 lbs, isn't that big of a deal.  I bet Peace would have bumped to Courtney at State Duals if he had the chance.  Anyway, if Houze changed his name to Hizzy, that would be a cool name.

5 pounds isnt that big of a deal? i hate it when ppl say that, it makes a complete world of difference. i wrestled 130 the begginning of the year and didnt win but one match, i went to 125 and i've only lost around 7 or so matches. there is a huge strength difference with five pounds, alot more than anyone would think. thats just my opinion on the five pounds. it's not an issue with the weight, which actually is more than five pounds because a normal wrestler cuts at least three to four to get down to weight. so a 140 would weigh around 145 during his matches. it's a world of difference between any two weight classes, trust me.

I don't know much about Peace but seeing how Warner has done [even though it has been Ky competition] I think this Peace guy would have to be crazy good to beat him like everyone seems to think he would. Any videos online of any of his matches?

5 pounds isnt that big of a deal? i hate it when ppl say that, it makes a complete world of difference. i wrestled 130 the begginning of the year and didnt win but one match, i went to 125 and i've only lost around 7 or so matches. there is a huge strength difference with five pounds, alot more than anyone would think. thats just my opinion on the five pounds. it's not an issue with the weight, which actually is more than five pounds because a normal wrestler cuts at least three to four to get down to weight. so a 140 would weigh around 145 during his matches. it's a world of difference between any two weight classes, trust me.

I hate it when wrestlers use the weight differential as an excuse.

Both wrestlers are usually getting to weight and then gaining a bit after eating, so the actual difference remains the same - it does not increase.

The difference between the weight classes in the 125-140 range is around 4% of your body weight.  This IS insignificant.  Wrestlers in the upper weight move up a class and they are giving up much greater percentages.  The difference between 160-171 is about 7%; 171-189 about 11%; 189-215 about 14%; 215-285 about 33%.  To put it in perspective, if you wrestled somebody that had a body weight 11% greater than your own, as a 125 you would be wrestling somebody weighing 139 (140 lb class).  If a 171 can move up a class and win, why are you arguing about a few pounds?  You should be able to take on a 140 and beat them.

The real difference is not the weight, it's your desire.