Sign in to follow this  
rockfan

Trinity vs woodford county

Trinity is a better dual team there's no suprise. Especially since Trinity got all those Fern Creek middle schoolers from last year to step up on the Trinity team.

sounds like your trying to imply something there / The fact is! that none of those kids where planning on going to Fern creek anyway! nice try

Guest wrestler92

I don't think there is any implication there, merely a statement of fact.  But I don't think given different circumstances they would all be going to trinity either.....many people go from catholic grade school and then to public high school but not the other way around. 

Not implying anything. Not trying to take anything away. Now your putting words in my mouth. Trinity is a very good team this year i would put them up there with Woodford, Larue, Fern Creek, Union, and North Hardin as the top teams. So it's no suprise there competeing with them.

you have to understand while it is great that Trinity beat Woodford there are only a few public schools that have a middle school program and lets face it - it makes a HUGE difference to have incoming freshman with 2/3 years of experience.  Therefore for a group of fern creek middle school athletes to go to Trinity is going to be noticed.  I do not think there is an implication that Trinity did anything wrong - but at the same time I am sure it was a disappointment for Fern Creek that the number was significant.  

Some facts that you may find interesting about these so called "Fern Creek Middle School" kids.  There is no such thing as Fern Creek Middle School.  The middle school that is Fern Creek's feeder is Newburg Middle.  Jefferson County does offer open enrollment which means that kids from other middle schools could attend Fern Creek High.  The six freshman that wrestled for the Fern Creek Optimist Wrestling club in 04-05 that went over to Trinity's middle school program in 05-06 and are now attending Trinity High are:

Wrestler                      School attended

Myron Bradbury            West Hardin MS

Erin McCauley                The Academy for Academic Excellence - private

Grant Ohlmann                Jefferson County Traditional MS - Male feeder school

Dylan Harbolt                  The Academy for Academic Excellence - private

Brad Hitchings                  St. Gabriel - private

Josh Lewis                      Barrett Traditional - Manual feeder school

Not one of these kids or their parents were targeting Fern Creek for their high school choice.  In fact, 4 of the 6 were targeting Trinity as their first choice due to the outstanding academic programs available at Trinity.

I think what you said is a great explanation of what happened.  But I have to say your last sentence is exactly the issue allot of people with Trinity etc.  I have had extensive experience with both Catholic and public schools and in the end your academic experience is what you make of it.  And the education that one can receive at a public school is comparable to that of the the Catholic schools.  I also have to wonder what the public school district is that these kids are in and there for if it was Fern Creeks and they participated in the Fern Creek program than the normal presumption is that they would attend Fern Creek.  And lastly if they did not go to catholic middle school how did they participate in the Trinity Middle School Program?

All of this being said no one is saying that they HAD to go to Fern Creek or that Trinity did anything wrong.  It is a parental decision what school is best for their children and it is not anyone's place to question that decision.

I think what you said is a great explanation of what happened.  But I have to say your last sentence is exactly the issue allot of people with Trinity etc.  I have had extensive experience with both Catholic and public schools and in the end your academic experience is what you make of it.  And the education that one can receive at a public school is comparable to that of the the Catholic schools.  I also have to wonder what the public school district is that these kids are in and there for if it was Fern Creeks and they participated in the Fern Creek program than the normal presumption is that they would attend Fern Creek.  And lastly if they did not go to catholic middle school how did they participate in the Trinity Middle School Program?

All of this being said no one is saying that they HAD to go to Fern Creek or that Trinity did anything wrong.  It is a parental decision what school is best for their children and it is not anyone's place to question that decision.

What RYP is saying is that none of these kids were on track to go to Fern Creek.  3 were in private schools and the other 3 were in middle schools that feed to other high schools.

I'm sure if Coach Hitchings would of sent his kids to Fern Creek the rest would have stayed...but they didn't.  The rules are set up like they are and good for them.  I like the fact you can go to any school you want.  If their parents are willing to pay the tab, more power to them.  I hope my son can get a good education and Trinity's program is good when he grows up.  If not, he'll go to the best program.

Actually Hitchings was planning on being the head coach @ FC, I believe Harbolts parents both went to FC, and Lewis's brother went to Ballard. Is Hitchings only a freshman? How old is he? I thought he was a Sophmore or a Junior... At one point a few years ago, Hitchings always was bragging that FC would have the best freshman class in 06-07 with 9 freshman. Now Trinity has the best class, the funny thing is, they all held car washes in FC under the FC Optimist name, but they all left. Who knows.....Who cares, Hitchings isnt a head coach anyhow, so you cant blame him.

Actually Hitchings was planning on being the head coach @ FC, I believe Harbolts parents both went to FC, and Lewis's brother went to Ballard. Is Hitchings only a freshman? How old is he? I thought he was a Sophmore or a Junior... At one point a few years ago, Hitchings always was bragging that FC would have the best freshman class in 06-07 with 9 freshman. Now Trinity has the best class, the funny thing is, they all held car washes in FC under the FC Optimist name, but they all left. Who knows.....Who cares, Hitchings isnt a head coach anyhow, so you cant blame him.

Brad Hitchings is a Freshman.  Lewis's brother went to Ballard until his Senior year.  He moved to Trinity after he was told by Ballard (the wrestling coach either retired or died) that they wouldn't have a wrestling program that next year.  After he started at Trinity, Ballard changed their mind and kept the wrestling program.  Jordan lost his last year of eligibility because he could not claim that Ballard didn't have a wrestling program.  He placed third at 125 as a Junior in 2004 for Ballard losing only to Jacob Murton.  It was very unfortunate but I know he continued to wrestle nationally that year.

Water The Flowers - Why are you asking how old Brad is and what grade he is in considering you have known him for many years and you know what grade he is in and what age he is?  Just to refresh your failing memory, Brad is a 15 yr. old freshman.  He repeated kindergarden.  Had a hard time with cut and paste!!  Maybe you should change your screen name to "Fertilize the Flowers". 

think what you want RYP, its a little different than what you think. I do think I know who you think you are speaking of. Nothing but a thing, and I have known of Brad for 2 years. You shouldnt post that he had problems with cut and paste though... that is a little below the belt. The history of the FC Trinity issue is no secret, as a matter of fact it is state known. Best Wishes to you. Kasey    :mrgreen:

I suppose if it isn't implied that the Fern Creek Optimist kids should go to Fern Creek, well then maybe it should be renamed the " Catholic Schools of Jefferson County" feeder program, instead of Fern Creek. That "Fern Creek" part must be misleading, lol.