Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

NCWA National Champions

Can’t believe no one has posted about this yet. Congratulations to Bellarmine University for winning the NCWA National Championship. They had 4 individual champs including 2 Champs and a AA from right here in KY. Congratulations to Zac Cowan and Cole Nance on your National Championships. And congratulations to Alex Rivera on his 3rd place finish. Coach Shuck definitely has a great thing going. Can’t wait to see what he and his team will accomplish in the future. Great job guys!

Might have something to do with it not being a legit tournament but a CLUB tournament. A lot of those kids didn't even have coaches because college club teams get pretty much zero university support. 

Not a D1

Not a D2

Not a D3

Not NAIA

That has been what bellarmine has wrestled this year. No D1 duals outside SOCON teams. Multiple club tournaments. Dodging REAL competition in an effort to make himself look good. 

People that know wrestling know whats going on.  

• Downvote 1

Wow. A hater is gonna hate hate hate. You have had sour grapes against Shuck since he showed up. All he has done is followed the rules and wrestled whoever is put in front of him and his team. Oh yeah, and won while doing it. You were wanting Chertow to get the job. That would have been a great hire 20-25 years ago. I went to Chertow camps growing up, great guy, great Coach, but that was a long time ago. Since you probably are one of the people that you’re talking about that “know wrestling,” feel free to explain to us what is really going on. Or, go crack corn, I don’t care. Great job Knights. Keep knocking down whoever they put in front of you. 

12 hours ago, JimmyCrackedCorn said:

Might have something to do with it not being a legit tournament but a CLUB tournament. A lot of those kids didn't even have coaches because college club teams get pretty much zero university support. 

Not a D1

Not a D2

Not a D3

Not NAIA

That has been what bellarmine has wrestled this year. No D1 duals outside SOCON teams. Multiple club tournaments. Dodging REAL competition in an effort to make himself look good. 

Im·be·cile
/ˈimbəs(ə)l/

noun
plural noun: imbeciles
  1. a stupid person.
    • ARCHAIC
      a person of low intelligence.

8 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Wow. A hater is gonna hate hate hate. You have had sour grapes against Shuck since he showed up. All he has done is followed the rules and wrestled whoever is put in front of him and his team. Oh yeah, and won while doing it. You were wanting Chertow to get the job. That would have been a great hire 20-25 years ago. I went to Chertow camps growing up, great guy, great Coach, but that was a long time ago. Since you probably are one of the people that you’re talking about that “know wrestling,” feel free to explain to us what is really going on. Or, go crack corn, I don’t care. Great job Knights. Keep knocking down whoever they put in front of you. 

No hate just facts. Ned made the schedule. So he wrestled who he chose to try to make himself look better. 

Nothing like wrestling kids that couldn't even make a D3 roster with a D1 team. 

No hate facts 

I am sure I am not one of those that "know college wrestling" but starting out slow with a new program is not a bad choice. Get a winning tradition so that kids will want to come to your school then move up as you get better.  Gradual improvement is not a bad thing.  I applaud anyone that can get wins, no matter what level. 

But who am I. 

On 3/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, Mozart said:

55BADDD2-C5C1-4EE9-BEA2-6F7728EB3502.thumb.jpeg.652c68ced5a019113b28f62fa3a257b0.jpeg

This is great! Bellarmine wrestled their conference schedule this year and did well for a team transitioning to D1. They also competed at the Soldier Solute, an exclusively D1 tournament.  I'd say if Shuck doesn't have Penn State, Cornell, Iowa, etc. on the schedule for next year he is out! I have no patience for such a lack of effort!  Who's ready to start a petition!? 

I stand by my previous post. Shuck is a great coach and we are lucky and should be grateful to have him in Kentucky! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, JimmyCrackedCorn said:

We're not talking about your family tree 

Hahaha the clown's got jokes!  Bellarmine was giving up 36 points per dual before he got there and may have won 1 dual.  Things are drastically changing for the better, in a very sustainable way.  Bellarmine hired the right guy.  Maybe you should stick with cracking your corn, Jimbo.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:51 AM, JimmyCrackedCorn said:

I could be wrong, but I think Citadel, Columbia, Iowa, Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Army, Navy, VMI, Iowa State, Wisconsin, South Dakota State, Wyoming are all D1 schools outside the SOCON.  If you knew wrestling, you'd probably know that.  I've learned to temper my wrestling knowledge expectations from a self-professed corn cracker.  

Teams - 2022 Solider Salute College Wrestling Tournament (soldiersaluteia.com)

Great job Bellarmine Knights!  Keep building from the ground up!  Let's support the only DI program in the state instead of mocking them.