Sign in to follow this  
danmoody

U. Cumberlands vs. Cumberland U. and Campbellsville

I don't have the results from individual matches vs. Campbellsville yet, but the final score was 25-12 (UOTC won).  The rematch between Cooper and Flake was better than I thought it would be.  If anyone has these results, please post them.

UOTC 27 dec. Cumberland University (TN) 13

133 Brooks (UOTC) dec. Rogers (CU) 7-5

141 Cooper (UOTC) win by forfeit

149 Bleaken (CU) wbf Center (UOTC) fall 1:45

157 Boggs (UOTC) dec. Bosbottom (UC) 3-1

165 Meyers (UC) maj. dec. Hoppel (UOTC) 9-1

174 Reis (UOTC) maj. dec. Freeland (CU) 13-2

184 Waller (UOTC) maj. dec. Studer (CU) 12-4

197 Borneman (CU) dec. Jablonski (UOTC) 8-3

285 Flinchum (UOTC) maj. dec. Taylor (CU) 14-0

125 Choates (UOTC) dec. Willis (CU) 10-3

Not sure of the exact results but this is what I remember off my head

125-Choates forfeit

133-Brooks UC pinned Stripplin CU

141-cooper dec Flake 13-9

149-Seta CU dec Center UC 4-2

157-Clemons CU dec Boggs UC 9-4

165- Lowery CU maj dec Hoppel UC 13-4

174- Reis UC maj dec Branam CU 12-3

184-Nueskabel UC dec Deadrick CU 6-4 SV

197- Jackson CU dec Jablonski UC 6-3

HVY- Flinchum UC maj dec Brown 10-0

Cooper gased out in the first after being up 7-2 and Flake never stop coming putting the match close.

I too was at the UoC and Campbellsville match, but saw it a little different than the other person on this board. I saw

125 forfeit

133 Brooks pins striplin

141 Cooper and Flake wrestling for first takedown, ref counts backpoints for cooper while they are scrambling. Flake gives up takedown and spots cooper a 5 point lead. After that Flake looked to control the match scoring at will. Ties the match at 9-9 and then gets reversed at the end to lose 11-9.

149 Chris Seta decisioned DCenter 5-2

157 Clemens beats boggs 6-2

165 campb. wins 5-1

174 Ries major decision John Lowery 11-2

184 Nuskabel wins in OT 8-6

197 Jackson wins 4-2

heavy Flinchum wins 7-0

that is very possible, but from what has happened Cooper looks to be the Champ until someone beats him.

I'll stick with Cooper as well.  I would have to see Flake score at will to believe it.  I'm guessing that when they get to nationals that Cooper will step it up.

OK, let me get this straight......Cooper gets questionable 5 point move off of a scramble at the beginning of the match ,,, hmmm, ok,,,,then "the flake" scored "at will" so the match ended in a 20-5 technical fall by "the flake"...is that what happened?  OR did a couple of talented kids wrestle and the better wrestler won AGAIN...NO excuses..a loss is a loss and a win is a win!

Chilly

I too was at the UoC and Campbellsville match, but saw it a little different than the other person on this board. I saw

125 forfeit

133 Brooks pins striplin

141 Cooper and Flake wrestling for first takedown, ref counts backpoints for cooper while they are scrambling. Flake gives up takedown and spots cooper a 5 point lead. After that Flake looked to control the match scoring at will. Ties the match at 9-9 and then gets reversed at the end to lose 11-9.

149 Chris Seta decisioned DCenter 5-2

157 Clemens beats boggs 6-2

165 campb. wins 5-1

174 Ries major decision John Lowery 11-2

184 Nuskabel wins in OT 8-6

197 Jackson wins 4-2

heavy Flinchum wins 7-0

Actually is was not a scramble it was a standing dump and you cant count off three back points in a scramble so he had control. Then Cooper cut Flake making it 5-1 Cooper grabed another takedown and rode Flake until he had his riding time then cut him again making the score now 7-2 with riding time actually (8-2). At this time it was very obvious that Cooper was gased out and that is why I said that he was. Flake is a great wrestler and aparently in better shape that night because he never slowed down getting a takedown. Second period 7-4 Cooper with riding time. Cooper chose down and Flake cut him making it 8-4 with riding time. Flake gets takedown and cuts Cooper again. now it is 8-6 Cooper (with riding time getting close). Beggining of third Flake chooses neutral and takes Cooper down making score 8-8 and cuts cooper again 9-8 Cooper now lots of good scrambles take place and Cooper get takedown and rides Flake out for last 15 seconds and wins 11-8 with riding time making it 12-8. These two are both great wrestlers and will see each other three more times this year. Carson Newman, Regionals, and Nationals will be all good matches.