Sign in to follow this  
Jimbobert

Khsaa is horrible

No one person should have the power to take a wrestlers post-season away. It's seriously sad. A senior wasn't able to compete, because of a pimple on his lip. Khsaa is a joke. Middle school state tournament is done way better. Is there anything that can be done? Or are we at the mercy of an incompetent governing body that is the khsaa?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, bestmistake33 said:

Doesn’t post season usually have onsite medical professionals for final say?

They did. It was a pimple/ingrown hair in his beard. It was tiny. Other kids have 10x worse on their backs. 

KHSAA has no say so in this situation.  The same as middle school state the officials have the say so in this situation. Who should defer to the medical Dr. on site.  

Why can’t there be a panel of folks that make the call instead of just one person. We have seen it before where people in power use this to keep certain kids from competing. Grudges held and payback doled out in the form of making kids medically ineligible of stupid things like pimples. For that matter, I’ve never understood why ring worm was made as big a deal as it is. Certainly not a big enough deal to make a kid miss he senior year state tournament.

The on site healthcare professional has the final say. They ruled it was communicable and could not be covered. My question is, if the coach saw it and had a MD look at it, why not have the correct form filled out and brought to weigh ins?

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Why can’t there be a panel of folks that make the call instead of just one person. We have seen it before where people in power use this to keep certain kids from competing. Grudges held and payback doled out in the form of making kids medically ineligible of stupid things like pimples. For that matter, I’ve never understood why ring worm was made as big a deal as it is. Certainly not a big enough deal to make a kid miss he senior year state tournament.

If it was communicable then it’s not just costing this young man his chance at state.  It could spread and impact many many others.  

When my son wrestled if something was of question it was usually looked at by multiple officials and then if necessary the on-site medical person.  

2 hours ago, thegreatgatsby said:

The on site healthcare professional has the final say. They ruled it was communicable and could not be covered. My question is, if the coach saw it and had a MD look at it, why not have the correct form filled out and brought to weigh ins?

Because they probably didn’t think an ingrown hair/pimple requires a medical form, nor is it communicable.

• Upvote 2

As I followed Trackwrestling yesterday, I immediately noticed he wasn’t listed on the roster. This was/is the sixth ranked wrestler at his weight, and I felt bad for the senior, thinking maybe an injury or illness kept him out…. Changing this post to not put any ideas out!

Edited by ClamChowder

2 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

If it was communicable then it’s not just costing this young man his chance at state.  It could spread and impact many many others.  

When my son wrestled if something was of question it was usually looked at by multiple officials and then if necessary the on-site medical person.  

Ringworm and pimples never killed anyone. The angst that is causes is way worse than the actual affliction. There is nothing worse than going for 3 days without a decent meal just to have a ringworm pop up and make have to sit out

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1