Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2022-23 Season Rankings - Feb 3

A lot of excitement and movement in the rankings since the last update.  I don't think I can recall anywhere near this much chaos in the 20+ years I've been doing this.  As soon as I think I've found the weight that is the biggest disaster I shortly find another with an even bigger mess.  Last night I literally was looking at a 9-10 way mess of kids who all beat each other.  CRAZY.  Add to that 3 new #1s this week and tons of shakeups in the placer spots.

- On the team side, Union continues to extend their projected lead.  They showed their dominance at state duals.  That semis win over Larue (a really good team) was scary.

- It will be interesting to see how the team dynamics play out with Region 1 being SO tough and Semi-state 1-4 being much deeper than 5-8.  I don't think it affects Union a ton, but may impact the other trophy teams.

- At 113 we have the wonderful A beat B beat C beat A at the top of the rankings for spots 1-3.  I gave the nod to the returning state runner-up for now.

- New #1 at 132 as Trumble beats Reeves at the Dragon (also a battle of teams who are struggling to keep track up to date)

- New #1 at 215 as Silva beats Price in a dual on 1/21 and then Price beats Adams at state duals

- Wrestler of the week is Lane Kiser the new #1 at 190.  Deciding he didn't like that weight cut all the way down to 175 and moves back to a more comfortable 190 and pins #1 Virzi and gets 2 wins over #3 Mettling.

- Question:  What is the deal with all of the forfeits entered on track.  I know we often have inexperienced computer operators, but there are dozens and dozens of match results listed as a forfeit between 2 kids.  Makes it really hard to know if a match actually happened or not.

Rankings_22_23_0203.pdf

26 minutes ago, TopMachoLlama said:

Montgomery county beat Lafayette at sectional duels?

Dual results have virtually no impact on the individual team rankings.  The team rankings are based on projected state tournament scoring.

2 hours ago, TopMachoLlama said:

Montgomery county beat Lafayette at sectional duels?

Just as an FYI, even the dual rankings on here don't take into account actual dual results.  I have a formula that uses individual rankings to calculate a projected dual meet score based on everyone being in the lineup and healthy and no weight bumps.