DrBaker

State Duals!!

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

The jv team takes a loss while the varsity was beating Father Ryan (#1 AA team in Tenn). I just think it should be as fair as possible. We can’t go change the past, but we can fix it this year. 

So was this a varsity event?  Do the matches go on the varsity record?  If so this is no different than taking a loss for and injury default. 

dem's da rulls

Prediction for 2A

1. Johnson Central 

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Taylor County

4. Harrison County

I'm torn with 2-4 because Paducah Tilghman I think has the most talent and where they are good, they're very good, but they do have some holes that could be a problem if Harrison comes out firing. Taylor as the 4 seed finishes 3rd regardless if they get Paducah or Harrison. But if Harrison performs Paducah and Harrison should flip flop.

1 hour ago, El Pollo Loco said:

Prediction for 2A

1. Johnson Central 

2. Paducah Tilghman

3. Taylor County

4. Harrison County

I'm torn with 2-4 because Paducah Tilghman I think has the most talent and where they are good, they're very good, but they do have some holes that could be a problem if Harrison comes out firing. Taylor as the 4 seed finishes 3rd regardless if they get Paducah or Harrison. But if Harrison performs Paducah and Harrison should flip flop.

Paducah's finish will depend on how many wrestlers/starters they bring. They gave up three forfeits last weekend. 

2A is very deep.  Several teams are in the running "on paper" for 2nd through 8th in my opinion.  Boyle County is tough, they will make some noise this weekend as well.  

36 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

2A is very deep.  Several teams are in the running "on paper" for 2nd through 8th in my opinion.  Boyle County is tough, they will make some noise this weekend as well.  

Wayne, Moore, Harrison is a competitive pod. There should be some good matches to come out of that.

Boyle and Taylor should be a real good dual, I'm picking Taylor to come out of that scrap. But I would not be surprised to see Boyle pull it out. 

On 1/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ranger123 said:

So we get to pick and choose which varsity matches count and which don't?  Yes, Union County is by far the best team on paper in the state and likely most of the midwest.  I think they should be nationally ranked.  But for this event this weekend we have an established criteria and it was used to seed the event.  Simple.

Late to this party, but you’re right Ranger, let’s just have fun with it. I don’t think it would matter to Union if they were seeded 12th, just wrestle.