1a- Union, Walton Verona, Larue, Caldwell

2a- Paducah Tilghman, Johnson Central, Boyle, Taylor, Fairdale

3a- Great Crossings, Oldham, Trinity, St. X, Ryle, Madison Central

3 hours ago, pin4thewin said:

Top 16 teams at state duals

1a- Union, Walton Verona, Larue, Caldwell

2a- Paducah Tilghman, Johnson Central, Boyle, Taylor, Fairdale

3a- Great Crossings, Oldham, Trinity, St. X, Ryle, Madison Central

Paducah just lost a few duals. Jc has only lost 1. Jc will probably be the top seed, but who knows. 

7 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Paducah just lost a few duals. Jc has only lost 1. Jc will probably be the top seed, but who knows. 

1. Johnson 

2. Paducah

3. Harrison

4. Taylor

5. Boyle

6. Moore

15 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

1. Johnson 

2. Paducah

3. Harrison

4. Taylor

5. Boyle

6. Moore

Is that what was decided tonight? 

7 hours ago, DrBaker said:

1a is up. Guess there’s a new favorite- Walton Verona. 

B19467A2-5901-4743-8988-C7CBC8851FA7.png

Clear 1 seed.  Not sure that I would equate that to favorite, but why not have a little fun with it.

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

Clear 1 seed.  Not sure that I would equate that to favorite, but why not have a little fun with it.

Clear? 

3 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Clear? 

The criteria as voted on by the coaches association is very clear and simple.  Now I will admit a few coaches and I have been outspoken about this criteria for a few years now, but ...

Criteria is: 

Head to Head 

Common Opponent 

Win %, must have at least 7 dual wins to use this criteria. If win % is the same strength of schedule will determine the "winner" of the seed 

Lottery Draw 

It’s just hilarious that a jv loss is being counted as a varsity loss. It’s Larue, Caldwell, Ft Campbell, and Nelson that get screwed in the deal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

It’s just hilarious that a jv loss is being counted as a varsity loss. It’s Larue, Caldwell, Ft Campbell, and Nelson that get screwed in the deal. 

Now that does not sound right. Surely they did not take a JV tournament loss and count it against them on the varsity level. 

I know don't call you Shirley. :D

23 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Now that does not sound right. Surely they did not take a JV tournament loss and count it against them on the varsity level. 

I know don't call you Shirley. :D

Nope.  Varsity event loss.  

40 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Go look at last year's state duals setup and then tell me who got screwed.  

The 2's get drawn in. Hard to see how Caldwell, FT Camp, and Nelson are affected by that seeding.

Unfortunately during both seed meetings a mistake was made in placement of 2nd place finishers. The pools have been redrawn and are accurate now. 

I apologize and take responsibility for this mistake. We will be taking steps to update bylaws and have all procedures in writing so this doesnt happen in the future.

Again, I apologize. 

Scotty Teater 

Kywca President 

2 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Unfortunately during both seed meetings a mistake was made in placement of 2nd place finishers. The pools have been redrawn and are accurate now. 

I apologize and take responsibility for this mistake. We will be taking steps to update bylaws and have all procedures in writing so this doesnt happen in the future.

Again, I apologize. 

Scotty Teater 

Kywca President 

No big deal.  All fixed.  Hopefully, everyone now realizes you can't just let the computer randomly draw the teams in.

20 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Nope.  Varsity event loss.  

The jv team takes a loss while the varsity was beating Father Ryan (#1 AA team in Tenn). I just think it should be as fair as possible. We can’t go change the past, but we can fix it this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

The jv team takes a loss while the varsity was beating Father Ryan (#1 AA team in Tenn). I just think it should be as fair as possible. We can’t go change the past, but we can fix it this year. 

So we get to pick and choose which varsity matches count and which don't?  Yes, Union County is by far the best team on paper in the state and likely most of the midwest.  I think they should be nationally ranked.  But for this event this weekend we have an established criteria and it was used to seed the event.  Simple.