Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2022-23 Season Rankings - Jan 20

A lot of updates (light on 106), but still a LOT of results missing in track.  I've heard of some match results, but have not reflected them until they hit the system.  It is what it is.

Union is pushing their lead out more and more each week.

WOW

A little biased here, but Hunter Isaacs taking out #2 Brown and #1 Johns back to back at Great Crossing was pretty impressive.

On the road and this is late post anyway, so enough chit chat.  Enjoy.

Rankings_22_23_0120.pdf

Swing and a miss @ 215.  Bullet Central (#16)  lost 2x to North Oldham (#21) last week at Jessamine County Clash.  That’s a big miss.

• Downvote 10

8 hours ago, Wrs said:

Swing and a miss @ 215.  Bullet Central (#16)  lost 2x to North Oldham (#21) last week at Jessamine County Clash.  That’s a big miss.

Big time swing and miss on your first post! Are you really going to try and stir something over the 16th and 21st ranked wrestlers at 215?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Good afternoon all.

Where are you getting the stats for the rankings?  My son has been wrestling for a couple of years now and I've never seen any stats related to the sport.

I'm a track coach that lives inside milesplit and would love to dive into the wrestling stats. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wrs said:

Almost a good catch.  Try again next week.  I actually did ignore some of those results from Jessamine because there was conflicting or results that did not make sense.  Once that gets cleared up those results will be reflected.

I love that ranger has been doing these rankings for around 20 years now and still to this day people will come on here and and try to dunk on him while inevitably being wrong themselves. Death, taxes, and wrestling parents talking crap to Ranger

Thanks for keeping the rankings going Ranger!

I’ve said it before ,wether your #1 or #21 it is so much motivation for the boys and so much fun for the parents. just relax and try to enjoy the season.
With that being said next week can you expand it to the the top 50? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Checkmate said:

I’ve said it before ,wether your #1 or #21 it is so much motivation for the boys and so much fun for the parents. just relax and try to enjoy the season.

He has a life to live you know!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Checkmate said:

Ha Ha.  I considered going to 35, but maintaining 30 is becoming overwhelming.  If all results were posted by Sunday afternoon, it would be possible, but it literally takes at least 3-4 days to barely get through 30.  It's tough, we have seen such huge changes at the top of the rankings that I feel like we need weekly updates, but don't want to constantly miss action in the 15-30 range.  And let me tell you, if you were following a few of these weights, the results of the guys in the 15-30 range is total chaos (eg, #19 will pin #15 then lose to #27 and #29; and it happens every week).

2 hours ago, Checkmate said:

I hope everyone knows I was joking!!

I don’t know how he keeps up with 10!

Oh yeah.  But there is some value there.  Especially for the good parents and fans who take this for what it should be.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:01 PM, Ranger123 said:

A lot of updates (light on 106), but still a LOT of results missing in track.  I've heard of some match results, but have not reflected them until they hit the system.  It is what it is.

Union is pushing their lead out more and more each week.

WOW

A little biased here, but Hunter Isaacs taking out #2 Brown and #1 Johns back to back at Great Crossing was pretty impressive.

On the road and this is late post anyway, so enough chit chat.  Enjoy.

Rankings_22_23_0120.pdf

Unranked Menelik Neal from DuPont Manual beat #25 David Skinner from West Carter at the Capital City Classic on Saturday but remains unranked I see. 

To anyone complaining about little Johnny beating some one and not being ranked, or being 21 instead 16 please shut up. If little Johnny is good enough he will prove it on the mat and eventually he may be ranked. Daddy getting on here and bashing or questioning a guy who doesn’t even have a dog in the fight any more is not helping little Johnnys cause.

Thanks Ranger for doing the rankings. Most understand and appreciate the time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Alf said:

To anyone complaining about little Johnny beating some one and not being ranked, or being 21 instead 16 please shut up. If little Johnny is good enough he will prove it on the mat and eventually he may be ranked. Daddy getting on here and bashing or questioning a guy who doesn’t even have a dog in the fight any more is not helping little Johnnys cause.

Thanks Ranger for doing the rankings. Most understand and appreciate the time.

My bad,did not know we can't post anything but thanks. Or any questions about rankings,got it.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Alien01 said:

My bad,did not know we can't post anything but thanks. Or any questions about rankings,got it.

Your post wasn’t a question and read like an indictment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Alf said:

Your post wasn’t a question and read like an indictment.

Ok my bad,but it was actually a question. I will make sure to compose in proper question format next time. I was trying to ask how the rankings are done. I used him as an example is all. Also,I do not envy the people making the rankings at all,I know it is a thankless job. Thanks for doing it at all!

Ranger does a great job! Unfortunately people get carried away with these Rankings! The only rankings that matter is the final one after the state tournament!! No more excuses at that point! Champions always rise to the top 

9 minutes ago, Debo said:

Ranger does a great job! Unfortunately people get carried away with these Rankings! The only rankings that matter is the final one after the state tournament!! No more excuses at that point! Champions always rise to the top 

very true.  This is for fun and great discussion and recognition throughout the year.

18 hours ago, Debo said:

Great point! The ranking does not really matter,same in College.