Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2022-23 Season Rankings - Jan 5

Should have known this week would come.  As lineups and weight classes are becoming more and more clear, Union County is making a push toward the top of the rankings.  I have a virtual tie at the top between the Braves and Paducah Tilghman.  A small step down has JC, Great Crossing, and Trinity also in a tight race for the last trophy spots.

I removed a number of names and make a lot of weight adjustments based on results to date.  Everyone should be back on the mat by this weekend with the weight allowance, so we should have a great sense of most of the +2 drops.

Wrestler(s) of the week go to Gavin Ricketts with the big win over #1 Kiser and Lucas Ricketts with the big win over #2 Krebs. Those huge changes in the rankings have put Union County is a position where they may walk into the post season as the championship favorite.

Rankings_22_23_0105.pdf

3 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Should have known this week would come.  As lineups and weight classes are becoming more and more clear, Union County is making a push toward the top of the rankings.  I have a virtual tie at the top between the Braves and Paducah Tilghman.  A small step down has JC, Great Crossing, and Trinity also in a tight race for the last trophy spots.

I removed a number of names and make a lot of weight adjustments based on results to date.  Everyone should be back on the mat by this weekend with the weight allowance, so we should have a great sense of most of the +2 drops.

Wrestler(s) of the week go to Gavin Ricketts with the big win over #1 Kiser and Lucas Ricketts with the big win over #2 Krebs. Those huge changes in the rankings have put Union County is a position where they may walk into the post season as the championship favorite.

Rankings_22_23_0105.pdf

Ranger, the 106 name is spelled Brycen Gray. Thanks for doing these rankings, by the way! And that’s because I think your statistical accuracy are always fun to look at!

On 1/6/2023 at 11:41 PM, El cucuy said:

After day 1 of the Johnny Drennan memorial 

Union 106.5

Paducah 61

Final

Union 215.5

Paducah 139

1         Union County, KY     Union County, KY              13 wrestlers    215.5

10         Paducah Tilghman, KY     PT, KY                      9 wrestlers    139.0

28         Caldwell County, KY     Caldwell County,         8  wrestlers     56.0

33         Christian County, KY     Christian County,     12 wrestlers      46.5

48         Fort Campbell, KY     Fort Campbell, KY        10  wrestlers     20.0

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

In all fairness, Paducah was missing a couple starters and that tourney was tougher than state. 

Union was missing their 132 and 145.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El cucuy said:

Union was missing their 132 and 145.

Can't rly say they were "missing" their 132 when they had someone who medaled. Not saying HJ wouldn't have medaled as well. But when you're 2 is good as 1. I wouldn't say exactly they are missing someone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrBaker said:

In all fairness, Paducah was missing a couple starters and that tourney was tougher than state. 

Has Paducah sent more than 9 wrestlers to any tournament this year?

11 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

Can't rly say they were "missing" their 132 when they had someone who medaled. Not saying HJ wouldn't have medaled as well. But when you're 2 is good as 1. I wouldn't say exactly they are missing someone. 

He’s the 120/126/132 backup. He can hold his own wherever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El cucuy said:

Has Paducah sent more than 9 wrestlers to any tournament this year?

I’m sure they have, but not usually.