Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2022-23 Season Rankings - Dec 22

Merry Christmas!  One last update for 2022.  Too much going on next week and not a ton of action.  So after new year's, I will start putting kids at the weight they have wrestled (with only a few exceptions) and remove kids who don't have any results.

As expected, Union is marching toward the top of the team rankings.  I still have Paducah Tilghman with a slight lead, but Union is on the tail.  Trinity is hanging in 3rd, with JC and Great Crossing in a dead heat for 4th.

But we still have a lot of wrestling to go before we even get to the beginning of our now normal 3 weekend post season.

Rankings_22_23_1222.pdf

Note on the dual rankings, because I know they may not be reflective of some actual results.  These are 100% based on a formula that is driven by individual rankings and assumed individual matchups.  So if wrestlers are missing in a dual or coaches bump kids around the dual result may not line up and will not be reflected in these rankings.  My formula says if everyone is on the mat and at the weight they are ranked at this is how it should go.  Obviously, matches and duals are won on the mat and not by a formula, but it is what it is.

13 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Merry Christmas!  One last update for 2022.  Too much going on next week and not a ton of action.  So after new year's, I will start putting kids at the weight they have wrestled (with only a few exceptions) and remove kids who don't have any results.

As expected, Union is marching toward the top of the team rankings.  I still have Paducah Tilghman with a slight lead, but Union is on the tail.  Trinity is hanging in 3rd, with JC and Great Crossing in a dead heat for 4th.

But we still have a lot of wrestling to go before we even get to the beginning of our now normal 3 weekend post season.

Rankings_22_23_1222.pdf

Luke Thomas from union getting no love on the rankings. 

11 minutes ago, chad.greenwell said:

Hey Ranger, Rowen Bailey at 106 #17 is Western Hills, not Western

Thank you sir.  My brain must have interpreted the abbreviation wrong in the bracket.

I woud keep an eye out for Idris Talasow in 106 for Doss only his second year wrestling ever and has been able to keep up with some of the ranked kids. He's only going to get better from here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I forgot a wrestler of the week. 

Caleb Duke (Ryle) won the 175lb bracket at the SWOWCA Coaches Classic tournament. This is the premier event in Cincinnati each season with teams like Moeller, Elder, Lasalle, and a number of other tough area teams. 

12 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

I forgot a wrestler of the week. 

Caleb Duke (Ryle) won the 175lb bracket at the SWOWCA Coaches Classic tournament. This is the premier event in Cincinnati each season with teams like Moeller, Elder, Lasalle, and a number of other tough area teams. 

That’s an awesome accomplishment. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/22/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ranger123 said:

Rankings_22_23_1222.pdf

#8 Nardelli Pinned #5 Tucker @132 this week