Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Finalized section dual alignment and state dual host sites

At the fall clinic yesterday, there was a alternate proposal for sectional alignment. This alignment was to shortenen travel distance in the 1A division. Here is the final alignment, as voted on by the association. Also, here are the host sites. 3A is still to be determined. Good luck to everyone this year. 

Screenshot_20220925_160822.jpg

Screenshot_20220925_161227.jpg

Screenshot_20220925_160948.jpg

Screenshot_20220925_161418.jpg

16 hours ago, ElPolloLoco said:

I'll bite. What was the rationale behind separating to 3 divisions?

To get more teams involved. 

36 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

To get more teams involved. 

I hope this works out to be a good thing. We will have at least one more team get recognized. Anyone know how many teams participated prior to two classes and how many after?

39 minutes ago, WVhighlander said:

I hope this works out to be a good thing. We will have at least one more team get recognized. Anyone know how many teams participated prior to two classes and how many after?

2011-12 was the last year of 1 division,  there were 104 teams

Going into this season we have 130 teams

1 hour ago, coachteater said:

2011-12 was the last year of 1 division,  there were 104 teams

Going into this season we have 130 teams

That’s awesome. Seems like it helped going to two classes. Maybe another 20 teams in 10 years. 

Couple of simple questions.

How does CovCath fall into 1A? They are 5A in football. 

3A sections 2 and 3. Central Hardin, North Hardin have to travel through all of section 3 to get to Oldham and South Oldham. And vice versa.

If drive time is a concern, wouldn't the following make better sense.

Central Hardin, North Hardin, Meade Co., Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Southern.

Oldham, South Oldham, Woodford, West Jessamine, Male, Seneca, Fern Creek.

32 minutes ago, BigBossMan said:

Couple of simple questions.

How does CovCath fall into 1A? They are 5A in football. 

3A sections 2 and 3. Central Hardin, North Hardin have to travel through all of section 3 to get to Oldham and South Oldham. And vice versa.

If drive time is a concern, wouldn't the following make better sense.

Central Hardin, North Hardin, Meade Co., Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Southern.

Oldham, South Oldham, Woodford, West Jessamine, Male, Seneca, Fern Creek.

Cov cath enrollment number on khsaa is 545 students, this is below 750 limit set for 1A. They use boys enrollment numbers for football, so they are 5a in it.. For trinity, they were 2a by numbers, but agreed to be in 3a cause they are all guys. Cov cath was not caught as being all boys. Something we can look at.

I think that would work as well, but travel overall would not change much, outside of West Jessamine, all are within about an hour. This was put out for a good amount of time. Everyone agreed and voted on it and it was never brought up.

The alignment will change some next year once new numbers are released. We can look at making those changes then. 

looks like Cov Cath's numbers for boys according to KHSAA is 590. 

They would be in 2A section 2 according to these numbers. (They are currently in 1A section 3)

1A section 3 (number of boys) Desales 341----Shawnee 302-----Western----438----Holmes 445-----Newport 212-----Walton 259 could not find numbers for KSB or WEB Dubois, 

2A section (2 number of boys)  Bourbon 437---East Jessamine 551----Grant 599---Harrison Co 472----HIghlands 486---Scott 498

24 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

looks like Cov Cath's numbers for boys according to KHSAA is 590. 

They would be in 2A section 2 according to these numbers. (They are currently in 1A section 3)

1A section 3 (number of boys) Desales 341----Shawnee 302-----Western----438----Holmes 445-----Newport 212-----Walton 259 could not find numbers for KSB or WEB Dubois, 

2A section (2 number of boys)  Bourbon 437---East Jessamine 551----Grant 599---Harrison Co 472----HIghlands 486---Scott 498

We used total number of enrollment for sectionals, we have since it split. The 2019-20 enrollment numbers are the most current they have posted. That lists them at 545. The cut off for 1a was 750 and under. 

Web dubois is not listed, but is small public private in Louisville for 6th-10th grade. 

Being that cov cath is all boys, it should probably have been in 2a, but was missed. Next year when we have new numbers, we will adjust accordingly. 

Enrollment link

https://khsaa.org/general/resources/school-enrollments/

HS State Duals will be on January 28th correct?

Trying to deconflict MS State Duals that will be hosted at Knights Hall on January 29th

7 hours ago, jnv858 said:

HS State Duals will be on January 28th correct?

Trying to deconflict MS State Duals that will be hosted at Knights Hall on January 29th

Correct

19 hours ago, 119Rider said:

If I had a good Chiropractor, I would have better alignment. :D

You mean Jo Jo didn't help that back out in high school? (I still say you should have been the MVW)

He didn't do it any favors. Haha,  Coach Walls told me I would have had to pin him to get past Bruce winning it. He was going for his third and me winning was going to be difficult enough.